Are you about to graduate high school and don't know what university to choose? There are many higher education institutions in Nigeria, and there are many criteria to choose a university. Location, fees, courses, academic staff, prestige value of the university, etc are some of the criteria. Some universities are rather cheap, some have really fair fees while some are pretty expensive. We have created a list of federal universities and private universities in Nigeria and their school fees in 2018-2019.
Please note that the full school fees depend on many issues, so the figures here are estimation. Also, we must mention that new students pay more than returning students.
Nigerian federal universities and their fees
ABU - Ahmadu Bello University
This educational institution has many graduate and post-graduate programs and proved itself as a research university.
- Location and year established: Zaria, Kaduna State, 1962
- Average school fees: N25,500 - N44,500
This private educational institution is officially accredited by NUC.
- Location and year established: Benin City, Edo State, 2009
- Average school fees: N155,000 - N287,500
UI - University of Ibadan
Very popular and reputable Nigerian higher educational institutions
- Location and year established: Ibadan, Oyo State, 1948
- Average school fees: N19,750 - N70,000
UNIABUJA - Abuja University, Gwagwalada
- Location and year established: Abuja State, 1988
- Average school fees: N20,000 - N35,500
Edo University, Iyamho
- Location and year established: Edo State, 1962
- Average school fees: N200,000 - N1,720,000
FUNAAB - Federal University of Agriculture
- Location and year of establishment: Ogun State, Abeokuta, 1988
- Average school fees: N30,750 - N72,750
Novena University Ogume
It is a private educational institution, accredited by NUC
- Location and year: Amai, Delta State, 2005
- Novena University school fees: N519,000 - N629,000
BUK - Bayero University, Kano
- Location and year: Kano State, 1977
- Average school fees: N90,000 - N194,000
Rhema University, Aba
This is a Private accredited Christian university.
- Location and year founded: Aba, Abia State, 2009
- Average school fees: N432,000 - N464,000
READ ALSO: Benue state university school fees
UNICAL - University of Calabar
- Location and year established: Calabar, Cross River State, 1975
- Average school fees: N30,500 - N42,750
UDUSOK - Usman Danfodio University
- Location and year established: Sokoto, 1975
- Average school fees: N96,000 - N220,000
UNIBEN - University of Benin
- Location and year established: Benin City, Edo State, 1970
- Average school fees: N50,000 - N70,000 (You also will have to pay an acceptance fee amounting to N60,000)
FUTO - Federal University of Technology
- Location and year established: Owerri, Imo State, 1980
- Average school fees: N39,300 - N61,340
NOUN - National Open University of Nigeria
- Location and year: Victoria Island, 1983
- Average school fees: N32,550 - N41,000
FUTA - Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Information: The educational institution produces graduates with technological knowledge. It is well-known as the eighth best university in Nigeria.
- Location and year of foundation: Akure, Ondo State, 1981
- Average school fees: N13,400 - N51,100
UNILAG - University of Lagos
Is well-known as federal government university, which has a good research reputation.
- Location and year :established Lagos State, 1962
- Average school fees: N14,500 - N63,500
We hope our post was useful and provided you with the information you searching for. As you may notice, everybody can find a higher educational institution for their wallet, educational program and taste.
Nigerian federal universities differ in proposed educational programs, facilities and school fees, of course. Keep in mind that you also will more likely pay also other university fees: accommodation, transfer, late registration, etc. Good luck and be ready for the bright future of a successful student.
READ ALSO: Babcock University school fees