Names are influential, and parents try to choose names that can influence their children positively. Children who bear warrior names usually grow with a strong character demonstrating strength, vigour, courage, and exceptional ability to conquer certain situations in life. If you want to see warrior-like traits in your children, then it would be imperative to choose the right names for them.
Parents name their children depending on the kind of personality they desire to see in the child. Most parents select classic, modern, traditional, and nature-inspired names for their boys and girls because they want their children to demonstrate joy, love, beauty, among other fabulous features. Do you want your child to grow strong and brave? You will not regret choosing warrior names for your baby. There are exceptional baby names that mean 'warrior' which you can give to your baby.
Fabulous warrior names for your baby and what they mean
Are you a fan of warrior names and are looking for a suitable name meaning warrior for your child? Here is a comprehensive list of names that you can pick for your child. It is good to know the origin and meaning of the name you choose for your baby.
Female warrior names
- Cahira: uncommon moniker for female babies. It means a woman warrior.
- Aella/Aello: it means a whirlwind. Aella was a famous Amazon who conquered her opponents through her double-edged sword.
- Tillie: it means powerful or mighty in battle. It is of German descent.
- Gonatilda: it is of German origin, meaning famous warrior.
- Fianna: it is of Irish origin; it means a warrior huntress.
- Zelda: it originates from German, and it means a dark battle.
- Kella: a popular tag derived from the Irish. It means warrior.
- Louise: it means a famous fighter in battle.
- Luana: has a German origin; it means a graceful battle maiden.
- Bernardine: a popular tag of German origin, meaning as brave as a bear.
- Aife: it is derived from a famous female warrior Aife who lived in Ireland and trained young noblewomen in matters of war and love.
- Bellona: a famous Roman moniker that was derived from a Latin word that means 'to fight.'
- Birtilda: a German moniker that means a bright battle maid.
- Gertrude: a female moniker of German origin. It means a strong spear.
Ten popular female Viking warrior names
- Ingrid: a popular tag in Scandinavia meaning a beautiful goddess
- Freya: means a lady. Freya is a known permanent goddess in the Norse Pantheon
- Astrid: it was common to the Viking era; it means godly strength
- Sif/Siv: means the bride. She is the goddess of agriculture and fertility
- Gunhild: shieldmaiden
- Brenda: sword
- Erika: a ruler of all
- Nanna: means daring; she was the wife of god Balder of the Norse Mythology
- Seren: star
- Brynia: love
Other girl names that mean warrior
- Valda: A poweful ruler
- Armina: Noble
- Hilda: Means battle
- Truda: The strength of a spear
- Kerta: A strong fighter
- Romilda: A glorious battle maiden
- Sloane: A great fighter
- Andrina: A woman who is brave or manly
- Bellatrix: The conqueror
- Earleen: Pledge or noble
- Brielle: The Lord is my strength
- Clotilda: Loud battle
- Tyra: A thunder warrior
- Lulu: A famous fighter or pearl
- Luella/Lula: My God is an oath
Cool warrior names for male babies
- Albern: it is of English origin, meaning noble warrior
- Akin: brave or heroic
- Elvy: an elf fighter
- Ewan: a young fighter
- Gerald: of German origin, meaning a sear warrior
- Cedric: a Welsh name for boys; it means a warrior leader
- Reinhold: a wise protector
- Sigmund: a victorious protector
- Gunnar: a bold fighter
- Boris: A battle warrior
- Finley: a fair warrior
- Evan: a young warrior
- Humphrey: it is of German origin, meaning a peaceful fighter
- Walt: a powerful warrior
- Arrio: it is of Spanish origin; a unique name for boys meaning fierce fighter
- Baron: it is of English descent; it means a young fighter
- Calian: a fighter of life
Viking warrior names for boys
- Jarl: it means nobleman; he was the son of god Rig of the Norse
- Bjorn: means bear
- Ivar: means an archer
- Orvar: means an arrow; he was a legend of the Norse
- Thor/Tor: derived from the name of the god of war and thunder in Norse mythology
- Ull: means glory; he was the god of hunting
- Alvis: it means wise
- Bud: good fighter
- Einar: fighter chief
Unique boy names that mean warrior
- Keon: God is gracious
- Liam: Guardian, protector, or boss
- Owen: Born from the yew tree
- Harvey: Blazing
- Murphy: A sea-battler
- Chad: Murky
- Andro: A great fighter
- Duncan: A dark-haired man
- Eden: Delight
- Edgar: Rich, prosperous, spear
- Oscar: Friend of deer
- Reider: Knight or horseback rider
- Gerson: Exile
That was the list of warrior names for boys and girls. It consists of vast suggestions from ancient warrior monikers to classic ones that parents can consider for their babies. The strength, courage, and resilience that your child will develop as he or she grows are enough to make you choose a warrior name for him or her.
Legit.ng shared the most popular baby names for boys and girls in the world by region. These are probably easy to pronounce, have cute meanings, or those that many modern parents prefer because they are fancy.
Depending on the region you come from, you can select the best and most popular name for a boy or girl in the area. Some of the most popular baby monikers do not have to be what you can easily come up with. In some cases, the tags are unique and will make your baby stand out in a crowd.