Don Cheadle bio: Age, height, net worth, wife, children, movies
Don Cheadle is a multi-talented and award-winning actor. Many of his fans know him as Jim Rhodes from Marvel films or as Marty Kaan from House of Lies. He is also a producer, writer, and director, in addition to being a brilliantly talented actor.
Adding to his many titles is his other role as the United Nations Environment Program Goodwill Ambassador. He works with other Hollywood stars to help victims of mass atrocities globally. He and the others who include Brad Pitt founded the 'Not On Our Watch Project.'
- Name: Donald Frank Cheadle Jr.
- Date of birth: November 29, 1964
- Age: 55 years
- Place of birth: Kansas City, Missouri
- Parents: Donald Frank Sr. and Bettye Cheadle
- Siblings: Colin and Cindy
- Profession: Actor, director, producer, and writer
- Height: 5 feet 8½ inches
- Weight: 74Kgs
- Net worth: $35 million
Don Cheadle age and early life
Most people know that Don is a brilliant actor. However, there is more to his life than just acting.
So, how old is Don Cheadle? He is currently 55 years old, having been born on November 29, 1964.
Where did Don Cheadle grow up? His hometown is Kansas City, Missouri. He, however, moved around a lot with his family.
This meant that he had to attend different schools while his family moved. Some of these include Hartley Elementary School in Lincoln Nebraska as well as East High School in Denver, Colorado.
According to Hello! Magazine, Don grew up in Denver, Colorado. He was the son of a psychologist father and a bank manager mother.
Don Cheadle young was always active in arts while in school. He was actively involved in the theater department, where he acted in musicals, plays, and mime shows.
In addition to that, he also played the saxophone as part of a jazz band, and he was also active in his school's choir.
Having had a strong foundation in arts, it was not surprising that Don proceeded to California in 1982 after graduating from high school. He went on to attend the California Institute of the Arts, which is a university that is dedicated to visual and performing arts students.
Cheadle graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts. This marked the beginning of his professional path in the acting world.
Even when still in school, the actor took on small acting roles. His most notable early role was on the comedy Moving Violations.
He also made appearances in L.A Law, Fame, and Hill Street Blues.
Even though he made a few TV appearances, it was not until he featured in The Golden Palace, a spin-off of the Golden Girls, in 1992 that he became quite famous. In 1993, he got to star as the District Attorney, a recurring role, in Picket Fences.
In 1995, he got a chance to act alongside Denzel Washington in the film Devil in a Blue Dress. His role propelled him to stardom.
The role also earned him two awards for Best Supporting actor, as well as several other nominations. This marked the beginning of his soaring career.
He went on to feature in many more shows, growing his career to unlimited heights. He has since received numerous accolades due to his acting prowess.
Don Cheadle movies and TV shows
Any fan who knows the brilliant actor appreciates all of Don Cheadle movies. Apart from those mentioned above, he has featured in many more throughout his acting career.
Below is a list capturing his movies and TV shows over time.
Most of his fans will recognize him from the following movies. Also included are the years the movies premiered and the roles he played in each movie.
- 2019 - Avengers: Endgame as James Rhodes/War Machine
- 2018 - Avengers: Infinity War as James Rhodes / War Machine
- 2016 - Captain America: Civil War as Lieutenant James Rhodes / War Machine
- 2015 - Miles Ahead as Miles Davis
- 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron as James Rhodes/War Machine
- 2013 - Iron Man 3 as Colonel James Rhodes
- 2012 - Flight as Hugh Lang
- 2011 - The Guard as Wendell Everett
- 2010 - Iron Man 2 as Lt. Col. James 'Rhodey' Rhodes
- 2009 - Brooklyn's Finest as Clarence "Tango" Butler
- 2009 - Hotel for Dogs as Bernie
- 2008 - Traitor as Samir Horn
- 2007 - Darfur Now
- 2007 - Talk to Me as Ralph Waldo 'Petey' Greene
- 2007 - Ocean's Thirteen as Basher Tarr
- 2007 - Reign Over Me as Alan Johnson
- 2006 - The Dog Problem as Dr. Nourmand
- 2004 - Crash as Graham
- 2004 - The Assassination of Richard Nixon as Bonny
- 2004 - Hotel Rwanda as Paul Rusesabagina
- 2004 - Ocean's Twelve as Basher Tarr
- 2004 - After the Sunset as Henry Moore
- 2003 - The United States of Leland as Pearl Madison
- 2001 - Manic as Dr. David Monroe
- 2001 - Ocean's Eleven as Basher Tarr
- 2001 - Things Behind The Sun as Chuck
- 2001 - Swordfish as Agent Roberts
- 2000 - Fail Safe as Lt. Jimmy Pierce
- 2000 - Traffic as Montel Gordon
- 2000 - The Family Man as Cash
- 2000 - Mission to Mars as Luke Graham
- 1999 - A Lesson Before Dying as Grant Wiggins
- 1998 - Out of Sight as Maurice (Snoopy) Miller
- 1998 - Bulworth as L.D.
- 1997 - Boogie Nights as Buck Swope
- 1997 - Volcano as Emmit Reese
- 1997 - Rosewood as Sylvester Carrier
- 1996 - Rebound: The Legend of Earl "The Goat" Manigault as Earl "The Goat" Manigault
- 1995 - Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead as Rooster
- 1995 - Devil in a Blue Dress as Mouse
- 1988 - Colors as Rocket
- 1987 - Hamburger Hill as Washburn
Below are some of his most popular shows. The details include the years and the roles he played in each show.
- 2019-2020 - Black Monday as Mo
- 2020 - Don't Look Deeper
- 2014-2016 - Years of Living Dangerously as himself
- 2013 - Made in Hollywood
- 2012-2016 - House of Lies as Marty Kaan
- 2012 - 30 Rock as Himself
- 1992-1993 - The Golden Palace as Roland Wilson
- 2004 - The Insider
- 2003 - MADtv as Perry
- 2002 - ER as Paul Nathan
- 2002 - Stage on Screen: The Topdog Diaries as himself
- 2002 - The Bernie Mac Show as Cousin D
- 2000 - The Simpsons as Brother Faith
- 1993-1995 - Picket Fences as DA John Littleton
- 1993 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper as Bennie
- 1990 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air as Ice Tray
- 1986 - Fame as Henry Lee
SNL Don Cheadle
Apart from his well-known movie roles and TV show appearances, Don Cheadle SNL was another hit he was popular for. Saturday Night Live is a favourite for many. Don was the guest host on episode 13 of season 44.
He has always been known for his statements and wardrobe choices, most of which would be interpreted politically to mean something else. He did not have to voice his opinion, his dress code spoke volumes.
Awards and nominations
As a seasoned actor and producer, he has been nominated severally, not to mention the accolades he has bagged throughout his acting career. Some of those worth mentioning include:
- In 1995, he was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series. This was for Picket Fences.
- In 1998, his role in Boogie Nights got him nominated for the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast.
- In 1999, his role in The Rat Pack won him a Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television.
- In 1999, he was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie.
- In 1999, his role in A Lesson Before Dying got him nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie.
- In 2002, his role in Things Behind the Sun got him nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie.
- In 2003, his role in ER got him nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series.
- In 2005, his role in Hotel Rwanda won him a Satellite Award for Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama.
- In 2005, he was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role for his role in Hotel Rwanda.
- In 2005, his role in Hotel Rwanda got him nominated for a Golden Globe Award for BBest Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama.
- In 2006, his film Crash was nominated for a BAFTA award under the Best Film category.
- Crash also got him nominated for a Screens Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role.
- In 2007, his role in Talk to Me got him nominated for a Satellite Award for Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical.
- In 2013, his role in House of Lies won him a Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Comedy or Musical and a nomination for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series.
- In 2014, he was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Comedy or Musical for his role in House of Lies.
- In 2015, his role in House of Lies got him nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series.
Don Cheadle wife
Cheadle is not only successful career-wise, but he also has a beautiful family. He is married to Bridgid Latrice Coulter.
The two have been together since 1992. Bridgid's mother is of African-American ethnicity, while her father is white. Latrice is known for her work in Rosewood and Westworld.
She later realized that she was more passionate about design. She now owns and runs an interior design company called Bridgid Coulter Design.
Her passion for design started quite early since when she was 12. She even redesigned her parents’ kitchen at that early age.
Cheadle's beautiful wife attended UCLA for her undergraduate studies in theater. She went on to work on several movies including Street Wars and Always Outnumbered.
She later took a break from acting to raise her children. It was during this break that she re-discovered her second passion, designing spaces.
The knowledge from her postgraduate degree from UCLA’s Arch ID Interior Design Program aids in this. She has worked on different projects ranging from offices to homes and has also worked for several stars, among them being Olivia Munn and Matt Damon.
Her design career has earned her spaces in award-winning shows. In 2017, for example, Coulter got the chance to appear on Home Made Simple, the award-winning show on the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).
She appeared on the show designing and restructuring a bedroom oasis for a woman who moved back into her childhood bedroom. Apart from making an appearance in this show, some of her designs have also been featured in popular publications, including Rue Magazine, Sunset, The Los Angeles Times, Design Sponge, and Luxe Interiors+Design, just to mention a few.
Having spent more than two decades building a family together, Don and his wife have managed to stay out of scandals despite being celebrities in Hollywood. The Cheadle family lives in their beautifully curated home in Santa Monica Canyon.
Don Cheadle children
Coulter and Cheadle have two daughters. Their first daughter is Ayana Tai Cheadle, 25, and their second child is Imani Cheadle, 23.
Don Cheadle height
How tall is Don Cheadle? Don is 5 feet 8½ inches tall. This height has been instrumental in getting him certain roles, especially those in the Marvel world.
Don Cheadle net worth
What is Don Cheadle net worth? According to Celebrity Net Worth, Don's net worth value is $35 million. This is not surprising since he is considered one of the seasoned actors in Hollywood.
The different roles he has starred in have all contributed towards his immense wealth. He has taken on different lead roles in some of the films that went on to exhibit outstanding performance and earnings.
In addition to his acting roles, he also makes cash through directing, writing, and producing. Apart from this, he also made some cash through commercials and advertisements.
A good example would be when he appeared in NFL commercials promoting the Super Bowl from 2002 to 2005. He also made regular appearances for the NFL in its Super Bowl advertising in 2006, when he was part of a drive to get fans to submit their own advertising ideas.
Don Cheadle is an accomplished actor as proven by his achievements in the film industry. He is one of the most successful actors who can be considered as admirable role models.