- Some presidential aspirants on Saturday, April 23, honoured the invitation for an Iftar dinner extended to them by Nigeria's First Lady, Aisha Buhari
- Among the aspirants who attended is the national leader of the APC and former Lagos governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu
- Not minding the political difference, the governor of Bauchi state, Bala Mohammed, also attended the dinner
Aso Rock, Abuja - Despite the outrage the invitation generated on social media, presidential aspirants from the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) attended the Iftar dinner organised by the First Lady, Hajiya Aisha Buhari.
Other elected officials across all political parties also attended the dinner, according to Daily Trust.
Here is the list of presidential aspirants that attended the dinner held at the Old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Saturday, April 23:
- Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (APC)
- Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi state (APC)
- Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi state (PDP)
- Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige (APC)
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
Other government officials in attendance
- Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state
- Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godswill Akpabio
- Former National Chairman of the PDP, Chief Barnabas Gemade
- Former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara
Leadership reported that an oil and gas mogul, Tein Jack-Rich, was also present at the dinner.
Come without phones, Aisha Buhari invites Tinubu, Osinbajo, Atiku, Saraki, Obi, others
Recall that the First Lady had invited presidential aspirants across political parties to an Iftar dinner at the Presidential Villa on Saturday, April 23.
As contained in the invitation card seen by Leadership, the event will commence by 6:30 pm at the State House Conference Centre.
The card also instructed invitees to come without their mobile phones, but with the invite which would guarantee entry into the venue.
Aisha Buhari's iftar dinner: Ex-Senator Shehu Sani tells presidential aspirants what to do
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that Shehu Sani, a former federal lawmaker who represented Kaduna Central, advised presidential aspirants on how to comport themselves during the dinner on Saturday, April 23.
In a Twitter post, Sani told those who will honour Aisha Buhari's invitation to exaggerate their actions as occasion demands.
He asked them to even laugh loud at the first lady's jokes even if they may sound dry during the event. According to him,