Overthinking occurs when you continuously focus on or worry over the same thought. Overthinkers may find it difficult to make the right judgments or take action. Usually, it can cause despair, anxiety, and other mental health issues. Take a look at these profound, insightful overthinking quotes to help you stop thinking too much.
When presented with a critical decision, you are likely to consider all of the options possible. However, you might find that you are replaying practically every notion in your head. You may be so preoccupied with "what-ifs" that you become trapped by inaction. Below are quotes about overthinkers to help you take your mind off things.
Deep meaningful overthinking quotes
Overthinking can lead to people worrying about scenarios that may or may not occur. Overthinking is a habit that should be avoided whenever possible, but it's easier said than done. Here are some of the best quotes for overthinkers to help you stop thinking so much.
- The more I think about it, the more I realize that overthinking isn't the real problem. The real problem is that we don't trust. - L.J. Vanier
- We are dying from overthinking. We are slowly killing ourselves by thinking about everything. Think. Think. Think. You can never trust the human mind anyway. It's a death trap. - Anthony Hopkins
- Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in. - Napoleon Bonaparte
- Put your thoughts to sleep. Do not let them cast a shadow over the moon of your heart. Let go of thinking. - Rumi
- No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.
- Thinking too much leads to paralysis by analysis. It's important to think things through, but many use thinking as a means of avoiding action. - Robert Herjavec
- The person who thinks all the time has nothing to think about except thoughts, and so he loses touch with reality. - Alan Watts
- Anxiety in kids is first and foremost a representation of their grief over the loss of someone they care about.
- The sharpest minds often ruin their lives by overthinking the next step, while the dull win the race with their eyes closed. - Bethany Brookbank
- Spend 80% of your time focusing on tomorrow's opportunities rather than the problems of yesterday. - Brian Tracy
- People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them. - George Bernard Shaw
- Nothing that is going to happen is going to be affected by any amount of concern.
- We drink the poison our minds pour for us and wonder why we feel sick. - Atticus
- Over-thinking ruins you. It ruins the situation. And it twists things around. It makes you worry. Plus, it just makes everything worst than it actually is. - Karen Salmansohn
- If you keep thinking about what you want to do or what you hope will happen, you don't do it, and it won't happen. - Desiderius Erasmus
- Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
- You will never be free until you free yourself from the prison of your own false thoughts.
- Overthinking will not empower you over things that are beyond your control. So, let it be if it is meant to be and cherish the moment. - Mahsati A
- Many fears might be alleviated by recognising the insignificance of the issue that is producing anxiety.
- Remember, talking about the thing isn't the thing. Doing the thing is the thing. - Amy Poehler
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
Short quotes about overthinking
Overthinking can be caused by anxiousness, which can occur at any time and is often beyond the control of an individual. Excessive overthinking can have a negative impact on your own satisfaction, interpersonal relationships, and overall life. To become more aware of overthinking, consider reading these funny overthinking quotes.
- Sometimes the worst place you can be is in your own head.
- If overthinking burned calories, I'd be a supermodel.
- The more you overthink, the less you will understand. - Habeeb Akande
- To think too much is a disease. - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- While you were overthinking, you missed everything worth feeling. - Nitya Prakash
- If you're stressing over happiness, you're doing it wrong! - Shannon L. Alder
- Worrying about how things go wrong doesn't help things go right. - Karen Salmansohn
- You break your own heart by overthinking it.
- Don't wait. The time will never be just right. - Napoleon Hill
- When you overthink, you originate obstacles that never existed. - Amit Kalantri
- Worrying is like paying a debt you don't owe. - Mark Twain
- We spend too much time overanalyzing, overthinking and overreacting.
- Overthinking is the art of creating problems that weren't even there.
- You don't have to see the whole staircase; just take the first step. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Those who overthink overlove.
- Worrying is a form of betting against yourself. - Karen Salmansohn
- We first make our habits, and then our habits make us. - John Dryden
- Don't brood. Get on with living and loving. You don't have forever. - Leo Buscaglia
- Do whatever you can to the best of your ability. Avoid being fearful and overly concerned.
- Nothing can injure you more than your own unprotected ideas.
Best being an overthinker quotes
The damaging habit of overthinking is one of the most common things that keep people locked in inaction and from accomplishing what they really want to do. Use one of these overthinking kills quotes to clear your mind of anxious thoughts.
- The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it. - Eckhart Tolle
- I think and think and think; I've thought myself out of happiness one million times but never once into it.
- Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, that it's all small stuff. - Robert Eliot
- You can't change who you are, but you can change what you have in your head, refresh what you're thinking about, and put some fresh air in your brain. - Ernesto Bertarelli
- Life is sweet and bitter. Beautiful and painful. And a blessing to be here. Live to your fullest. Don't waste time on fear and regret. Okay? - Karen Salmansohn
- The more you rationalize, the more you move farther away from your authentic self. - Shannon L. Alder
- Your overthinking voice in your head sounds like a strict adult who always counts your problems and points out your mistakes but doesn't ever help you with solutions. - HIP
- Overthinking is also best known as creating problems that are never there. - David Sikhosana
- Don't get too deep; it leads to overthinking and overthinking leads to problems that don't even exist in the first place. - Jayson Engay
- Let us not be so busy rushing to get somewhere else that we fail to stop and appreciate all the miracles. - Vernon Sankey
- Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
- Don't overthink things. Sometimes you can convince your head not to listen to your heart. Those are the decisions you regret for the rest of your life. - Leah Braemel
- If you treat every situation like a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. - Dean Smith
- My father taught me not to overthink things, that nothing will ever be perfect, so just keep moving and do your best. - Scott Eastwood
- Overthinking causes the human mind to create negative scenarios and or replay painful memories.
Most famous overthinking quotes
What to say to someone who overthinks? The majority of people succumb to depression as a result of stress and overthinking. Others are quick to pass judgment on minor details that don't matter. Recognizing when someone is falling into a negative cycle is the first step toward breaking it. Here are some quotes on overthinking to say to someone who thinks about everything.
- To end the hunger for overthinking, you need to eat a positive attitude and happiness. - Genereux Philip
- Letting yourself fall victim to overthinking doesn't just kill your happiness; it destroys who you are. The mind is a beautiful and complex thing, and the only person who can hurt it is yourself. - Genereux Philip
- Don't think. It complicates things. Just feel, and if it feels like home, then follow its path. - R.M. Drake.
- Overthinking ruins moods and kills good vibes. - Supa Nova Slom
- I've got thoughts more tangled than my headphone.
- Sometimes you gotta stop worrying, wondering and doubting. Have faith that things will work out. Maybe not how you planned. But how they were meant to be.
- Be careful not to appear obsessively intellectual. When intelligence fills up, it overflows a parody. - Criss Jami
- When a girl is silent, she's either over-thinking, tired of waiting, falling apart, crying inside, or all of the above.
- My mother said the cure for thinking too much about yourself was helping somebody who was worse off than you. - Sylvia Plath
- Overthinking can literally make you insane and can cause a mental breakdown.
- Stop overthinking. Whatever happens, happens.
- Stop thinking too much. It's alright not to know the answers. They will come to you when you least expect it.
- Life is an unfoldment, and the further we travel, the more truth we can comprehend. Understanding the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those that lie beyond. - Hypatia
- I admire the linear and decisive way a certain kind of man thinks, to my curlicue boundless overthinking. - J. Courtney Sullivan
- Nothing can harm you as much as your own thoughts unguarded. - Buddha
- Overthinking is parasitic. It's viral. It's deadly, even. - Genereux Philip
- Stop overthinking, stop worrying, stop complaining; life is too short for all of that.
Why do I overthink?
Overthinking has been linked to mental illnesses such as sadness and anxiety. Most likely, you are overthinking because of your insecurities and fear of failure.
How do you cheer up an overthinker?
You can make an overthinker feel better by getting them busy doing something. Involve them in a game or a conversation.
Is overthinking a good thing?
Overthinking isn't necessarily a negative thing, but it may become dangerous and harmful to your health if you do it all the time.
A little worry is acceptable and good, but it can be deadly if you do it excessively. The key is to strike a balance. Take nothing too seriously, and don't overthink things. You can read or send the following overthinking quotes to someone in a similar circumstance to assist them to take a break from the harmful habit.
Legit.ng recently published an article about the best, deep love messages you can send your man to make him feel special. Sending your man a love message every now and again to let him know you're thinking of him is a kind gesture.
Coming up with the perfect love message for your partner can be difficult if you are not naturally talented with words. Fortunately, there are a variety of messages to pick from.