Spirituality is a personal journey, and different people appreciate it differently. Eckhart Tolle quotes capture a lot on this subject. As expected, the author of The Power of Now as well as A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose has a wealth of knowledge about this.
He has been described as one of the most popular spiritual authors in the United States. Every word he utters has some deep spiritual meaning that will have you thinking about life. Everything he says seems to come from the mind. He is of the opinion that the mind has the power to chain or liberate an individual. You can either become the best in life or be stuck in the past that prevents you from living today just because you allowed your mind to play tricks on you. Some of Tolle quotes are powerful and will leave you thinking deeply about life. They include:
Eckhart Tolle quotes about life
Power of Now quotes, as well as A New Earth quotes, have powerful life lessons in them. Anyone that is spiritual will appreciate the message in these sayings. Do you have a favorite Eckhart Tolle quote?
- To end the misery that has afflicted the human condition for thousands of years, you have to start with yourself and take responsibility for your inner state at any given moment. That means now.
By taking responsibility for your inner world, you take responsibility for your life. If you want to be happy you must turn inward, not point the finger of blame outwards
- Whatever you fight, you strengthen, and what you resist, persists.
Most people do not realize that their thoughts and feelings attract whatever happens to them. When you resist something persistently, it tends to come to you. People are advised to let go of things as opposed to fighting them.
- Anything that you resent and strongly react to in another is also in you.
Those things that you struggle with are also in you.
- Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life.
The trick for success lies in embracing the present moment.
- When you wash your hands, when you make a cup of coffee, when you're waiting for the elevator - instead of indulging in thinking, these are all opportunities for being there as a still, alert presence.
Teach your mind to relax and rest as you enjoy the activities that you do.
- Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.
Don't judge things at face value. Even though they may seem difficult and negative on the surface, they are excellent inside.
- Acceptance looks like a passive state, but in reality, it brings something entirely new into this world. That peace, a subtle energy vibration, is consciousness.
In the end, what matters in life is the peace one gets.
Be the person that defines himself or herself. Forget what other people think of you. The guard who you are jealous.
- You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.
Finding your inner self is more rewarding than arranging the circumstances of life.
- Life isn’t as serious as the mind makes it out to be.
Everything is in your mind. If you look as light as hard then it will be.
- Life is the dancer and you are the dance.
Always remember that life will follow your every direction and not the other way round.
- It is not uncommon for people to spend their whole life waiting to start living.
You can waste your life away just by waiting for something to happen to you before you embrace life.
- Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.
To enjoy life fully, you need to appreciate the things that are already in your life.
- Be true to life by being true to your inner purpose. As you become present and thereby total in what you do, your actions become charged with spiritual power.
Focus on the purpose for which you were created and forget everything else. There is so much to be done in the world that trying to do it all will only drown you.
- Most humans are never fully present in the now because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.
Most people fail to notice that now is actually more crucial since tomorrow is not promised and yesterday is gone. Stop wasting your current time. Utilize it productively for success to be guaranteed.
Eckhart Tolle on love
Love is powerful and that is why a great spiritual leader like Tolle had something to say about this powerful emotion. Some of his love quotes include:
- To love is to recognize yourself in another.
Real love can only be described when you can put in place of others.
- Love is not selective, just as the light of the sun is not selective. It does not make one person special, only the degree of intensity with which it is felt differs.
Love affects everyone as it pleases. It does not matter who you are, or what your social status is. When love hits, it cannot be stopped.
- Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.
If there is a circumstance in your life that you dislike, try considering the idea that you have chosen it. Let the feeling of relaxed acceptance flood through you, and know that this is just another step on your journey to enlightenment.
Enlightening Eckhart Tolle quotes
When you look at life in totality, you realize that it has a lot to offer. However, there is a catch, you must be in a position to exploit it to your advantage. You can only gain maximally from life's fruits if you train your mind to embrace life positively. Tolle shares his thoughts about how life works in most of his quotes. The ones below are just but a few examples to consider.
- Instead of asking “what do I want from life?” a more powerful question is, “what does life want from me?
You should always look at what life can offer as opposed to what you can offer life.
- Give up defining yourself — to yourself or to others. You won’t die. You can only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that you are.
Never worry about what other people think of you. In the same way, forget self-validation.
- In today’s rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just being
Take a deep breath and enjoy your daily blessings.
- All the things that truly matter — beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace — arise from beyond the mind.
Your mind is more powerful than you would dare admit. Anything you perceive in your mind comes to pass.
- Nothing ever happened in the past that can prevent you from being present now, and if the past can’t prevent you from being present now, what power does it have?
Be careful not to be held back by the past. Your present life should not be determined by the past. The past exists only in your mind. Therefore the only power it has in the present moment is the power that you give to it.
- The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but thought about it. Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking. Separate them from the situation, which is always neutral. It is as it is.
Often a difficult situation we are in is made much, much worse by our tendency to label and judge it. By remaining detached and being the observer, you can remove the suffering and instead practice acceptance.
- Forget about your life situation and pay attention to your life. Your life situation exists in time, your life is now. Your life situation is mind-stuff, your life is real.
Knowing how to differentiate between life and the situation happening in your life is what determines your real success. The situation is temporary and will always change but your life is real and constant.
- If you both agree that the relationship will be your spiritual practice, so much the better. You can then express your thoughts and feelings to each other as soon as they occur, or as soon as a reaction comes up so that you do not create a time gap in which an unexpressed or unacknowledged emotion or grievance can fester and grow.
Always approach your relationship from a spiritual angle.
- As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease. When you act out the present-moment awareness, whatever you do becomes imbued with a sense of quality, care, and love – even the most simple action.
Embracing and accepting the current moment is the secret to all the happiness you need in life.
- What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.
Every ending of a phase is the beginning of a beautiful chapter.
- Thinking and consciousness are not synonymous. Thinking is only a small aspect of consciousness. Thought cannot exist without consciousness, but consciousness does not need thought.
To be conscious you do not have to think, but for one to think, they must be conscious. Be careful not to mix the two.
- Whenever an answer, a solution, or a creative idea is needed, stop thinking for a moment by focusing attention on your inner energy field. When you resume thinking, it will be fresh and creative.
Every time you need to come up with a lasting solution, make sure that you give yourself time first.
- You are not a problem that needs solving.
Be careful about worrying too much, embrace yourself with all your flaws.
The above mentioned Eckhart Tolle quotes are not only powerful and inspiring but also some of the most thought-provoking ideas you will ever come across. They touch on different aspects of life and will push you to think about life in a new way. It is not surprising that he has spoken on the subject of spirituality in different channels and platforms.