Susan Tully is a well-known English actress, film director, and producer. She is best known for her roles as Suzanne Ross in the comedy-drama Grange Hill and Michelle in the television series EastEnders. In the late 1990s, she left her acting career to pursue directing. What do you know about her?
Since her first television appearance, the EastEnders’ star has risen to prominence by portraying various characters. They earned the love and admiration of her fans, as well as her enormous popularity. Here is everything you need to know about her.
- Full name: Susan Tully
- Date of birth: 20 October 1967
- Age: 53 years (as of 2021)
- Place of birth: Highgate, London, England
- Height: 5 ft 3 in (161 cm)
- Marital status: Single
- Profession: Actress, film director, producer
- Net worth: $1 - $5 million
Susan Tully biography
She was born and raised in the London borough of Highgate. Her father was a watch case maker. Her mother was a housewife.
How old is Susan Tully now?
She was born on 20 October 1967. As of 2021, Susan Tully's age is 53 years.
Education and career
She became interested in acting when she was a child. She trained her acting skills at The Anna Scher Theater (AST).
She had many television roles as a child actor. She also hosted the children's show Our Show from 1977 to 1978.
Later on, she was featured in The Saturday Banana, Why Can’t I Go Home?, Never Never Land, and Grange Hill.
She made her breakthrough in the television series EastEnders in 1985. It was the part of Michelle.
She played it for over a decade and appeared in over 800 episodes. Her acting credits include appearances in both films and television shows.
- 1980 – Never Never Land (Doreen)
- 1998 – Up ‘n’ Under (June)
- 1979 – Why Can’t I Go Home? (Rosalie)
- 1981 – 1984 – Grange Hill (Suzanne Ross)
- 1984 – Big Deal (Girl in a restaurant)
- 1985 – 1995 – EastEnders (Michelle)
She appeared in the following films as herself:
- 1977 – 1978 – Our Show
- 1978 – The Saturday Banana
- 1986 – Scene
- 1986 – Wogan
- 1986 – Just Another Day
- 1988 – The Lowdown
- 1989 – One Day in the Life of Television
- 1991 – Give Us a Clue
- 1996 – Genderquake
- 1997 – Life & Kicking
- 1997 – Comic Relief
- 1997 – Holiday Reps
- 1999 – Do You Fancy Me?
- 1994 – 2000 – This Is Your Life
At the end of the 1990s, the actress decided to quit her career as an actress. Her fans were shocked by the news. They could not help but wonder what she would do next.
What happened to Susan Tully after she left acting?
Despite quitting her acting career, she remained active in the film industry. She later directed films and television shows. Susan Tully's director credits include the following TV series:
- 1998 – 1999 – EastEnders (12 episodes)
- 1999 – 2004 – The Bill (14 ep.)
In addition to directing 14 episodes of The Bill’s, Sue has also produced six episodes of the series in 2003.
- 2000 – Black Cab (5 episodes)
- 2000 – 2001 – London’s Burning (3 ep.)
- 2002 – The Story of Tracy Beaker (12 ep.)
- 2003 – M.I.T.: Murder Investigation Team (1 episode)
- 2005 – Twisted Tales (3 ep.)
- 2005 – 55 Degrees North (2 ep.)
- 2005 – Funland (4 episodes)
- 2006 – Drop Dead Gorgeous (3 ep.)
- 2006 – Goldplated (2 ep.)
- 2006 – 2007 – The Chase (5 ep.)
- 2007 – Secret Diary of a Call Girl (4 ep.)
- 2009 – Theatre Live! (1 ep.)
- 2009 – Blue Murder (2 ep.)
- 2008 – 2011 – Silent Witness (6 ep.)
- 2009 – 2011 – Lark Rise to Candleford (9 episodes)
In 2011, she starred as herself in the documentary Anna, which chronicled the life of drama teacher Anna Scher.
- 2012 – Stella (4 ep.)
- 2012 – Good Cop (2 ep.)
- 2012 – The Paradise (2 ep.)
- 2012 – Getting On (6 ep.)
- 2013 – Truckers (2 ep.)
- 2014 – The Mill (2 ep.)
- 2014 – Puppy Love (6 ep.)
- 2015 – Crossing Lines (4 ep.)
- 2016 – 2017 – The A Word (4 ep.)
- 2016 – The Musketeers (2 ep.)
- 2018 – Britannia (1 ep.)
- 2019 – Tin Star (2 ep.)
- 2019 – Line of Duty (2 ep.)
- 2020 – Strike (4 ep.)
- 2021 – Too Close (3 ep.)
As a director, she is often credited as Sue Tully. In 2002, she was nominated for a Children’s BAFTA Award for her direction of The Story of Tracy Beaker.
How much is Sue Tully worth?
According to Popular Bio, Susan Tully's net worth is guesstimated at $1 - $5 million. Her work in the movie industry is the primary source of her earnings.
What is known about her relationships? Is Susan Tully married?
Susan Tully's partner
Sue is not married and is not in a relationship as of today. In terms of previous relationships, she was previously dating actor Martin Ball.
Nonetheless, he never became Susan Tully's husband. She was not seen dating anyone else after they split up. Since then, she has kept her personal life away from the media.
She was frequently cast as a caring mother in films and television shows. Nonetheless, in her real life, she has never had biological children.
What is Susan Tully doing now?
The EastEnders’ star is now working behind the camera. She is a director for Sky.
Susan Tully’s fans have known her since her first television appearance. Many of them are still perplexed as to how Sue turned her talents into a career. She has devoted most of her life to acting and the advancement of the film industry, and she continues to dazzle her fans with new project releases.
He was born in Mexico City. He worked hard for many years before being appointed to the Board of Directors and, later, President of Grupo Televisa, S.A.B. What do you know about him? What is José Bastón’s net worth?