Ellen Muth is an award-winning Hollywood actress who is most notable for playing Young Selena in the film Dolores Claiborne and for portraying Georgia 'George' Lass in the TV series Dead Like Me.
Muth began her acting career at 13 years old. She worked in the industry for almost two decades, and won various awards and nominations.
- Name: Ellen Anna Muth
- Birthday: March 6, 1981
- Birthplace: Milford, Connecticut, United States
- Nationality: American
- Age: 40 years (as of 2021)
- Sun sign: Pisces
- Relationship status: Single
- Occupation: Actress, business owner
- Net worth: $3 million
Ellen Muth's background
Muth was born in Milford, Connecticut, in the USA. Her father is a renowned optician named Dr. Erich Muth, and her mother's name is Rachel Muth. She has an older brother named Karl.
How old is Ellen Muth?
The actress was born on March 6, 1981, which means that as of 2021, Ellen Muth age is 40 years.
She graduated from Lee Strasberg Theater and Film Institute, New York, in 1994. She is a former member of the high IQ groups Mensa International and Intertel.
She began her career in the entertainment industry at 12 years old when she began modelling. Her pictures were used to promote her father’s optician practice.
She later signed with Ford Models and appeared in commercials in 1993.
Ellen's professional acting career began in 1994 in the American soap opera, All My Children. She played Young Selena in the film Dolores Claiborne in 1995. She then performed in an off-Broadway production titled Nine Armenians.
In 1997, Ellen played Adelle Green in an episode of Law & Order. In 1999, She portrayed a character named Constance in The Young Girl and the Monsoon. Her performance in the film earned her impressive reviews.
Muth was also part of the cast of feature films Rain (2001) and A Gentleman’s Game (2002). In 2002, Ellen played Jill Perkings in the TV movie Superfire.
The character that brought the actress fame was Georgia Lass in the television series Dead Like Me. She featured in 29 episodes of the series from 2003 to 2004. She reprised her role in the film adaption of the series titled Dead Like Me: Life After Death.
In 2008, Ellen played the role of Jill in the short drama titled Jack N Jill. She also voiced the character Addie Vost in the animated short film titled Tofu the Vegan Zombie (2007).
In 2011, she voiced the lead character Rose in an animated short film titled Rose and she played Katie Trumbull the romantic comedy Margarine Wars (2012).
The last project Muth featured in was the horror series Hannibal. She played the role of Georgia Madchen in the series.
In 2008, Ellen Muth made her directorial debut as she directed an episode titled Coffee, Tea or Me of the series Tales from Dark Fall.
Ellen Muth movies and TV shows
The talented actress has starred in different movies and television projects. Here are some of the movies and television productions she has featured in and the characters she portrayed.
- Mark of the Beast (2012): Natalie
- Margarine Wars (2012): Katie Trumbull Georgia Madchen
- Rose and Violet (2011): Rose
- Jack N Jill (2008): Jill
- Tofu the Vegan Zombie in Zombie Dearest (2007): Addie Vost (voice)
- A Gentleman (2001):
- The Young Girl and the Monsoon (1999): Constance
- Dolores Claiborne (1995): Young Selena
- Hannibal (2013): Georgia Madchen
- Are We There Yet? (2012): Angela
- Dead Like Me (2003-2004): Georgia 'George' Lass
- Two Against Time (2002): Emma Portman
- Superfire (2002): Jill Perkins
- Normal, Ohio (2000): Dana Le Tour
- Cora Unashamed (2000): Jessie at 18
- The Truth About Jane (2000): Jane
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2000): Elaine Harrington
- The Beat (2000): Jacqueline Hutchinson
- Only Love (1998): Rachel
- Law & Order (1997) Adele Green
Ellen Muth nominations and awards
- In 2004, she was nominated for Saturn Award's Best Actress in a Television Series for her work in Dead Like Me (2003)
- She won Best Actress at the AFI Fest in 1999 for her performance in The Young Girl and the Monsoon (1999).
- In 2004, she was nominated for a Golden Satellite Award for Best Actress in a Series, Drama for her performance in Dead Like Me (2003).
- She was named Best Supporting Actress at the Tokyo International Film Festival in 1995 for her performance in Dolores Claiborne (1995).
Ellen Muth net worth
The award-winning actress has a net worth of $3 million.
Is Ellen Muth married?
Many fans of the actress are searching for details about Ellen Muth husband. The actress is currently single and has never been married.
She was reportedly in a relationship with actor Jeffrey Donovan in 2004.
How tall is Ellen Muth?
The actress is 5 feet 3 inches tall, her weight is believed to be 51kg, and her body measurements are 35-24-34 inches.
Where is Ellen Muth today?
What happened to Ellen Muth?
There were speculations about Ellen Muth eating disorder from some of her fans when she was on the Hannibal.
These rumours were spread by some of her fans who thought that she became thinner as the series went on. While the rumour made some of her fans wonder if she had an eating disorder; some were sure that the actress was fine, since she had always been very slim. Ellen herself did not address the speculations.
Ellen Muth is an award-winning actress who played her last role almost a decade ago. She is currently running a business in an industry that is far from entertainment and lives her life quietly away from Hollywood's spotlight.
For ten consecutive seasons, Angus T. Jones portrayed Jake in Two and a Half Men for ten years. He left the show for religious reasons after he was baptized, and he claimed that the show clashed with his religious beliefs.