For ten consecutive seasons, Angus T. Jones portrayed Jake in Two and a Half Men. After 10 seasons, he quit the show because of religious reasons. The American actor had grown to be a favorite to many. He left the show after he was baptized and claimed that the show clashed with his religious beliefs. Where is Angus T. Jones now?
Why did Angus T. Jones retire? During the ninth season of the show, the actor was given adult scenes. He revealed that the new character he portrayed was awkward and unrealistic, and eventually he decided to leave the show. He also explained that the storyline did not sit well with his newly found faith. He went on to major in Jewish studies at the University of Colorado Boulder.
- Name: Angus Turner Jones
- Date of birth: October 8, 1993
- Place of birth: Austin, Texas
- Age: 26 years
- Height: 5 feet 7 inches (1.7 m)
- Weight: 67 kg (148 pounds)
- Zodiac sign: Libra
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: White
- Hair colour: Light brown
- Eye colour: Blue
- Parents: Carey Lynn Claypool, Kelly Charles Jones
- Occupation: Actor
Angus T Jones age
The actor was born on October 8, 1993, in Austin, Texas. He is currently 26 years old
Angus T. Jones height
How tall is Angus? The American actor stands at a height of 5 feet 7 inches (1.7 m). He weighs about 67 kg (148 pounds).
He was born to Carey Lynn Claypool and Kelly Charles Jones. Both of his parents had a criminal past. His mom found herself on the wrong side of the law for punching a police officer and trespassing. His dad was taken into custody when he was found in possession of Marijuana and an unlicensed gun.
He has a brother called Otto Jones.
August T Jones had his acting debut in the 1999 film Simpatico. At the time, he was just five years old. In 2001, he was featured in See Spot Run. Even though the film was not well received, viewers appreciated his humorous role.
For his role in the film, Angus received a Young Artist Award nomination. He landed the role of Sammy in Dinner with Friends. The actor also appeared in an episode of ER with the role of Sean Gattney. The episode was titled Quo Vadis?
In 2002, he played Hunter Morris in The Rookie, a John Lee Hancock-directed film. He starred alongside Rachel Griffiths, Dennis Quad, and other big names in the industry.
In 2003, the actor had the role of Tye Powell in Audrey’s Rain. He went on to appear in Bringing Down the House as Georgie Sanderson. He portrayed the character of George Jr. in George of the Jungle 2.
Angus T Jones had roles in The Christmas Blessing (2005), CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2008), Hannah Montana (2010) and Horace and Pete (2016).
Two and a Half Men (2003-2015)
In 2003, the actor landed a major role as Jake Harper in Two and a Half Men. He starred alongside Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer. Jake Two and a Half Men character became a favorite to many for ten seasons of the TV show.
As he grew older, he started receiving adult storylines. He portrayed a sexually active teenager who abused drugs. When he turned eighteen, Angus T Jones revealed that he was uncomfortable with the new storylines. He did not appreciate the ‘adult roles.’
He later left the series citing religious reasons. He believed that the storyline of the show conflicted with his faith. He was replaced by Amber Tamblyn but appeared as a guest in season 12.
By the time he left the show, he was one of the highest-paid child actors. He also received several awards and nominations for the role. Here is a list of Angus T. Jones movies and TV shows:
The actor has appeared in the following movies:
- Simpatico (1999)- He had the role of a five-year-old
- See Spot Run (2001)- He played the role of James
- Dinner with Friends (2001)- He played the role of Sammy
- The Rookie (2002)- He appeared as Hunter Morris
- Audrey’s Rain (2003)- He had the role of Tye Powell
- Bringing Down the House (2003)- He appeared as Georgie Sanderson
- George of the Jungle 2 (2003)- He assumed the role of George Jr.
- The Christmas Blessing (2005)- He had the role of Charlie Bennett
- Due Date (2010)- he made a cameo role as Jake Harper in a deleted
- Tuna (2013)- He appeared as Taylor
The actor had roles in these TV shows:
- ER (2001)- He appeared as Sean Gattney on the episode titled Quo Vadis?
- Two and a Half Men (2003- 2015)- He had the starring role of Jake Harper in Season 1 through Season 10. He appeared as a guest in Season 12. He appeared in a total of 226 episodes
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2008)- He appeared as himself on the episode titled Two and a Half Deaths
- Hannah Montana (2010)- He had the role of TJ in the episode titled Sweet Home Hannah Montana
- Horace and Pete (2016)- He had the role of Horace the 9.
Awards and nominations
During his time as an actor, Angus T. Jones received a number of awards and nominations. They are:
See Spot Run
- Young Artist Awards (2002)- Nominated for Best Performance in a Feature Film - Young Actor Age Ten or Under
- Young Artist Awards (2003)- Nominated for Best Performance in a Feature Film - Young Actor Age Ten or Under
- Character and Morality Entertainment Awards (2003)- won a Camie Award
Two and a Half Men
- Young Artist Awards (2004)- won the Best Performance in a TV Series (Comedy or Drama) - Young Actor Age Ten or Younger
- Young Artist Awards (2006)- won the Best Performance in a TV Series (Comedy) - Supporting Young Actor
- Young Artist Awards (2008)- Nominated for Best Performance in a TV Series - Leading Young Actor
- TV Land Awards (2009)- won the Future Classic Award.
On June 7, 2008, Angus alongside other actors like Dakota Fanning and Val Kilmer supported the Fist Star Organization in assisting abused and neglected kids.
In August 2008, Angus and other stars participated in the annual Rock N Roll Fantasy Camp. On October 4, 2008, he was part of the group that attended the Variety’s Power of Youth benefit for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
He is a supporter of Be A Star, an anti-bullying foundation started by The Creative Coalition and WWE.
Did Angus T Jones die?
Is Angus T. Jones dead? The answer is no. Some people might have assumed that the actor died because of his silence after he left Two and a Half Men. He did not appear in any film or TV show until 2013. He appeared in Tuna and later in Horace and Pete (2016).
Angus T Jones now
What happened to Jake from Two and a Half Men? After leaving the show, he enrolled at the University of Colorado Boulder to take Jewish studies. He is currently part of the management team of Tonite, a media and event production company.
Angus T Jones net worth
How much is Angus T. Jones net worth? The actor began making money at a very young age. When he was four, he was featured in several commercials including Volkswagen, Macaroni, Home Depot, Kraft Cheese, and City Cosmetics.
For his role in Two and a Half Men, Angus Jones made $350,000 per episode. While at the show, he was listed among the richest teen celebrities.
Combined with the salary from his other movies and TV shows, Angus Jones net worth is estimated at $ 15 million.
The actor's Jake Harper role was highly appreciated by many of the show's viewers. Out of all the other films and TV shows he has had roles in, Angus T. Jones gained fame because of Two and a Half Men.