Jamie Bell biography: age, height, wife, children, net worth
Anyone who has watched Billy Elliot must be familiar with Jamie Bell, an actor and dancer from Britain. This was his debut film, in which he portrayed the character of Billy Elliot. It was released in 2000. His unique acting skills made him rise to prominence and win a BAFTA Award.
The actor has also played many secondary and primary acting roles in films such as Fantastic Tour, Snowpiercer, The Adventure of Tintin, Jumper, King Kong, and Rocketman. He received important acclaims for featuring in Turn: Washington’s Spices, a period television drama series, as Abraham Woodhull.
- Birth name: Andrew James Matfin Bell
- Celebrated name: Jamie Bell
- Date of birth: March 14, 1986
- Town of birth: Bellingham, Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
- Birth sign: Pisces
- Jamie Bell age: 34 years
- Weight: 55 kg
- Height: 5 feet 7 inches
- Mother: Eileen Matfin
- Father: John Bell
- Sister: Kathryn Matfin Bell
- Marital Status: Married
- Profession: Actor, Dancer
- Nationality: British
- Hair color: Brown
- Eye color: Blue
- Net worth: $ 11 million
- Son: Jack Matfin Bell
Who is Jamie Bell?
He is a popular English dancer and actor who is well known for various acting roles that he has played in the film and entertainment industry. His debut movie was a British drama dubbed Billy Elliot.
The early life of James Bell
He was born in Bellingham, Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom, on the 14th day of March in 1986. The talented actor’s parents separated before he was born.
How old is Jamie Bell? Jamie Bell actor is 34 years old as of 2020. His mother raised him alongside Kathryn, his elder sister.
What nationality is Jamie Bell? He is of British citizenship, and his ethnicity is White.
The celebrity is a former student at Northfield School in Thame Street. After high school, he joined Stagecoach Theater Arts to improve his acting skills.
The actor was a member of the National Youth Music Theater. He also attended ballet classes together with his elder sister.
How tall is Jamie Bell?
Jamie Bell height is 5 feet 7 inches (170 cm). The actor has an athletic body. His chest measures 38 inches, and his biceps are 14 inches in circumference.
How much does Jamie Bell weigh? The talented actor weighs approximately 65 Kg (143 lbs).
Jamie Bell dancing career
Can Jamie Bell really dance? Yes. The fact that the star comes from a family of dancers, he was very passionate about dancing. He followed the steps of his mother, sister, aunt, and grandmother, who are dancers.
He would stand at the door during his sister's dancing practices and try to imitate the dancer movements inside the room.
When he turned six years, he was allowed to join the dancers. Jamie Bell dancing career began from that juncture.
Jamie Bell movies and TV shows
The actor began acting when he was 13 years old. He excellently passed all the auditions, and Billy Eliot became his debut film. He featured as Billy Elliot, a young boy who discovers his great passion for ballet.
In the film, he was born into a family whose economic activity was mining. Since then, he has featured in many films and TV shows.
List of Jamie Bell movies
Here is a list with some of the films that the star has been featured in:
- Billy Elliot (2000): He featured as Billy Elliot. This was his debut film.
- Deathwatch (2002): He acted as Pvt. Charlie Shakespeare.
- Nicholas Nickleby (2002): He portrayed the character of Smike.
- Undertow (2004): He took the role of Chris Munn in this film.
- The Chumscrubber (2005): He played as Dean Stifle.
- King Kong (2005): He portrayed the role of Jimmy.
- Flags of Our Fathers (2006): He was Ralph "Iggy" Ignatowski in the film.
- Hallam Foe (2007): He acted as Hallam Foe.
- Jumper (2008): He featured in this film as Griffin O'Conner.
- Defiance (2008): He played as Asael Bielski.
- The Eagle (2011): He portrayed the character of Esca.
- Jane Eyrea (2011): He featured as St. John Rivers.
- Retreat (2011): He portrayed the role of Pvt. Jack Coleman.
- The Adventures (2011): He featured as Tintin in this film.
- Man on a Ledge (2012): He was Joey Cassidy in this film.
- Snowpiercer (2013): In this film, he was Edgar.
- Nymphomaniac (2013): He acted as K.
- 6 Days (2017): He played as Rusty Firmin.
- Donnybrook (2018): He acted as Jarhead Earl in this movie.
- Skin (2018): He was Bryon Widner in the film.
- Rocketman (2019): He acted as Bernie Taupin.
- Without Remorse (2020): He portrayed the role of Robert Ritter.
Below are the series which the actor has been part of:
- Close and True (2000): He portrayed the character of Mark Sheedy.
- TURN Washington's Spies (2014 to 2017): He was Abraham Woodhull in this series.
The talented actor has also been a part of Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day. The video was released in 2005.
The dancer has played crucial roles in producing the following video games:
- 2005- Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie: He voiced as Jimmy.
- 2008- Jumper: Griffin's Story: He voiced as Griffin O'Conner.
Nominations and awards
Below are some of his awards and nominations in the film and entertainment industry.
- In 2001, the celebrity won an award of Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role for his work in Billy Elliot.
- In 2018, he was a nominee for an award of Beat Leading Actor for his role in Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool.
BAFTA Awards, Scotland
- In 2007, he was nominated for an award in the category of Best Actor for his role in Hallam Foe.
- In 2014, the actor was a nominee for an award in the group of Best Supporting Actor (Bedste mandlige birolle) for his work in Nymphomaniac: Vol. II.
British Independent Film Awards
- In 2000, he won an award in the category of Best Newcomer (On-Screen) for his work in Billy Elliot.
- In 2007, the celebrity was a nominee of Beat Actor award for his work in Hallam Foe.
- He was also nominated for the same award in 2017.
Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards
- The celebrity won an award in the category of Best Child Performance award for his work in Billy Elliot in 2001.
Chicago Film Critics Association Awards
- In 2001, he was nominated for an award in the category of Most Promising Actor for his work in Billy Elliot.
- The actor was nominated for Best Actor award for his role in Billy Elliot in 2001.
- In 2015, the star won an Ensemble Award alongside other members of the cast for their work in Fantastic Four.
Danish Film Awards (Robert)
- In 2015, the actor was nominated for Best Supporting Actor (Årets mandlige birolle) award for his work in Nymphomaniac: Vol. I (2013) and Nymphomaniac: Vol. II.
Evening Standard British Film Awards
- In 2001, he won an award in the category of Most Promising Newcomer for his role in Billy Elliot.
- In 2008, the star was nominated for Best Actor award for his role in Hallam Foe.
- He was also nominated for the same award for his work in Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool.
Faro Island Film Festival
- In 2000, he won a Golden Moon Award for his role in Billy Elliot.
- He was nominated for an Audience Award for his role in the same film.
Hollywood Film Awards
- In 2017, the actor won a New Hollywood Award for his work in Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool.
Italian National Syndicate of Film Journalists
- In 2001, the celebrity won a Guglielmo Biraghi Award for his work in Billy Elliot.
Las Vegas Film Critics Society Awards
- He won a Sierra Award in the category of Youth in Film for his role in Billy Elliot-2000.
- In 2002, the actor was also nominated for the same award for his work in Nicholas Nickleby.
London Critics Circle Film Awards
- In 2001, he won an ALFS Award in the category of British Newcomer of the Year for his work in Billy Elliot.
MTV Movie + TV Awards
- In 2008, Jamie and Hayden Christensen were nominees for an award in the category of Best Fight for their work in Jumper.
National Board of Review, USA
- In 2002, he won an award in the group of Breakthrough Performance - Male for his work in Billy Elliot.
- In 2002, he won an award of Best Acting by an Ensemble along with other members of the cast for their roles in Nicholas Nickleby.
Online Film & Television Association
- In 2001, he won an award of Best Breakthrough Performance: Male for his work in Billy Elliot.
- He won the same award in the class of Best Youth Performance for his work in the same film.
Online Film Critics Society Awards
- The actor was a nominee for an award of Best Cinematic Debut/Breakthrough for his role in Billy Elliot in 2001.
- In 2016, he was nominated for an award in the group of Worst Screen Combo, alongside other members of the cast for their work in Fantastic Four.
- The celebrity was nominated for an award of Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama, for his work in Billy Elliot in 2001.
Spike Video Game Awards
- In 2005, the talented actor was the winner of Best Cast award alongside other members of the cast for their work in King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie.
Teen Choice Awards
- He was nominated for an award in the category of Film - Choice Breakout Performance for his work in Billy Elliot.
Young Artist Awards
- In 2005, he was a winner of an award for his Best Performance in a Feature Film - Leading Young Actor for his work in Undertow.
How much is Jamie Bell net worth?
According to Celebrity Net Worth, his net worth estimated to be about 11 million dollars. All of his wealth is from his dancing and acting career.
The actor started his love life with Amy Derova. Amy was a Russian actress and model. Unfortunately, their relationship did not last for long.
In 2005, the celebrity began dating Evan Rachel Wood, a popular actress from America. The love birds met at the Sundance festival.
Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell featured together in the music video, Wake Me Up When September Ends. Their love kept burning in that they even got matching tattoos.
Unfortunately, they dated for only one year, and in 2006, they separated. Soon after separating, the Rachael started to date Marilyn Manson. After dating for a few years, they split in 2010.
At the beginning of 2011, Evan Rachel Wood Jamie Bell relationship rekindled. In October 2012, they got married.
Unfortunately, the couple split on May 28, 2014. Jamie Bell Evan Rachel Wood marriage lasted for only one year, seven months.
Why did Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell breakup? According to Daily Mail, a spokesperson told Us Weekly that the couple just decided to separate. They agreed to be close friends even after their separation.
Who is Jamie Bell wife? He is currently married to Kate Mara. Jamie Bell Kate Mara love life started in 2015. With his broken heart from the previous marriage, Bell met the love of his life, Kate, on the set of Fantastic Four.
Back in January 2017, Jamie Bell and Kate Mara publicly announced their engagement, and in July 2017, Kate Mara and Jamie Bell got married.
As of 2020, their marriage is still secure, and there are no speculations about them.
How many children does Jamie Bell have?
The actor has two kids, a son, and a daughter, from his two marriages. In July 2013, Jamie and Evan Rachel welcomed their son, Jack Matfin Bell. They have been co-parenting after separating to raise their son.
In February 2019, Kate shared her happiness that the couple was expecting a baby. Kate Mara Jamie Bell union welcomed their baby girl in May 2019.
Jamie Bell Evan Rachel Wood son is incredibly protective over his sister. His father Jamie disclosed this during an interview with US Magazine. As of 2020, Jamie Bell son is six years old.
The celebrity is active on Twitter. His official Twitter account has at least 153.3k followers.
Fun facts about Jamie Bell
- Arsenal is his favorite football club.
- The celebrity has never had a chance to meet his biological dad.
- When his classmates realized that he was attending ballet classes, they nicknamed him “Ballerina Boy.”
Amazing Jamie Bell quotes
Below are some of his quotes:
- I lost my mind at 15. I’d been shown a world where there were no boundaries, where everyone gave me all the power. And I was like, ‘This is great!’ Then that was gone. But I still want that.’ I’d lost my humble, very quiet, introverted sensibilities which I think I had as a kid.
- You just have to surround yourself with people who are going to support and love you before trying to sell you as a product or push you into something you don’t want to do.
- My characters are often without a parental figure.
- You don’t miss what you never had.
- Everyone is slowly catching on to this one – and I know everyone says this – but we need to make a little more effort with the environment. Everyone says they turn off their lights, but do they?
- I hate the stereotype of the pitfalls of the child actor. There are so many amazing examples – Natalie Portman, Joseph Gordon- Levitt, Jodie Foster, Drew Barrymore – of people who have made it through.
- I don’t think many people can say they’ve been the lead in a Spielberg film and still been able to live the healthy life that they had before.
Jamie Bell is a celebrated English dancer and actor. Most of his fans cannot wait to watch many of his TV series and movies in the future.