What made Jonathan Brandis so famous? Featuring as Bill Denbrough in a television show titled It was what brought him fame. He was a young American actor who played significant roles in television shows, commercials, and films before his demise.
Jonathan began modeling at a young age. During his career as a child model, he secured many roles in several commercials, then he started acting.
- Birth name: Jonathan Gregory Brandis
- Date of birth: April 13, 1976
- Place of birth: Connecticut, United States of America
- Career: Actor
- Star sign: Aries
- Height: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
Jonathan Brandis biography
The celebrity was born in Danbury, Connecticut, the USA, on April 13, 1976. Jonathan Brandis parents are Mary, a former teacher, and Greg, who was a firefighter. He was the only child to his parents.
When the actor was two years old, a photographer discovered his modeling capability. As a result, he was featured in a sales poster for Buster Brown clothing.
The actor was featured in One Life to Live, a soap opera, as Kevin Buchanan when he was six years old. At the age of nine, Jonathan and his family relocated to Los Angeles, the United States.
The relocation opened many opportunities for him. He secured acting roles in various television shows such as Kate & Allie, Full House, The Wonder Years, She Wrote, Who’s the Boss?, Murder, Blossom, L.A Law, among others.
The celebrity secured a starring role in The NeverEnding Story II: The Next Chapter as Bastian Bux when he was 14 years. After blossoming in his career, his mother became his manager.
Jonathan Brandis movies and TV shows
Brandis was featured in many movies and televisions show before his demise. Some of them are Ladybugs, Aladdin, and Puerto Vallarta Squeeze.
Some of the movies that he was a part of are:
- 1987 - Poor Little Rich Girl: The Barbara Hutton Story as Lance Reventlow
- 1988 - Home Free as Vladimir D'Lugash
- 1989 - Stepfather II as Todd Grayland
- 1991 - Our Shining Moment as Michael 'Scooter' McGuire
- 1992 - Ladybugs as Matthew
- 1992 - Sidekicks as Barry Gabrewski
- 1994 - Good King Wenceslas as Prince Wenceslas
- 1996 - Fall Into Darkness as Chad Lear
- 1996 - Her Last Chance as Preston Altherton
- 1997 - Two Came Back as Jason
- 1999 - Outside Providence as Mousy
- 1999 - Ride with the Devil as Cave Wyatt
- 2002 - Hart's War as Pvt. Lewis P. Wakely
- 2002 - The Year That Trembled as Casey Pedersen
- 2003 - Between the Sheets as Robert Avocado
- 2003 - 111 Gramercy Park as Will Karnegian
Some of the television shows that actor Jonathan was featured in are:
- 1984 - Kate & Allie as Chip's Friend
- 1986 - Sledge Hammer! as Young Sledge
- 1987 - Good Morning, Miss Bliss as Michael Thompson
- 1987 - L.A. Law as Kevin Talbot
- 1987 - The Real Ghostbusters as Lee Meredith
- 1988 - Webster as Bobby
- 1988 - Pacific Bell: The Rain Children as 11-year-old Nick
- 1989 - Full House as Michael Monford
- 1989 - Who's the Boss? as Paul
- 1990 - Murder, She Wrote as Kevin Bryce
- 1990 - Alien Nation as Andron
- 1990 - The Munsters Today as Matt Glover
- 1990 - The Flash as Terry Cohan
- 1991 - Gabriel's Fire as Matthew Fixx
- 1991 - The Wonder Years as Steve
- 1991 - Blossom as Stevie
- 1992 - Pros and Cons as Danny
- 1992 - Crossroads as Michael Stahl
- 1993 - Saved by the Bell: The College Years as Jonathan Brandis
- 1994-1995 - Aladdin as Mozenrath
Jonathan awards and nominations
The late actor bagged one award and was nominated for other awards several times. His awards and nominations include:
- In 1994, he was nominated for an award in the category of Best Male TV Star (TV-Star m).
Young Artist Awards
- In 1991, the late Jonathan was nominated for an award in the category of Best Young Actor Guest Starring in a Television Series for his work in The Flash.
- In 1993, he was a nominee for an award in the class of Outstanding Young Ensemble Cast in a Motion Picture along with other members of the cast for their work in Ladybugs.
- In 1994, he won an award in the category of Best Youth Actor Leading Role in a Television Series for his great work in Seaquest DSV.
Jonathan Brandis death
Is Jonathan Brandis still alive? No. How did Jonathan Brandis die? On November 11, 2003, Brandis was found hanged in the hallway of his Los Angeles apartment. He was transported to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, and died the following day of injuries sustained from the hanging.
Among the many people who were shocked and saddened by Jonathan Brandis suicide was his former girlfriend, Tatyana. Jonathan Brandis age at death was 27 years.
Why did Jonathan Brandis kill himself?
Tatyana hinted that Jonathan killed himself because of his dwindling career. She stated:
When you’ve been on covers of magazines for years, when that stops happening, what’s your identity?
Also, one of his friends opened up that the actor was drinking heavily due to his depression, and he had mentioned that he might kill himself.
What was Jonathan Brandis cause of death?
The cause of his death was the injuries that he had sustained from hanging himself.
Where is Jonathan Brandis grave site?
Jonathan Brandis died in 2003 but was he not buried. He was cremated, and his ashes were given to his family and friends.
Jonathan Brandis was a well-known American actor, popular for his role as Bill Denbrough in It. Despite dying at a young age, he is still remembered for his excellent contribution to the film and entertainment industry.
READ ALSO: Elizabeth Turner biography: age, height, net worth, movies
Legit.ng previously reported about the life of Elizabeth Turner, who is an American professional model. The model has posed for Maxim, Teen Vogue, and Guess.
She has also appeared on the fashion spreads of Seventeen (March 2011), Seventeen Prom (April 2011),The South (November 2010) and has featured in many campaigns, such as Belk (Spring 2010), and Kohl’s (January 2012), among others. Elizabeth is only 28 years old (as of 2020), but she has made significant achievements in her career.