David Walliams biography: Age, height, net worth, books, is he gay?
David Walliams is one of the most prominent personalities in the world of comedy, acting, and writing. Some of his memorable performances are derived from his partnership with Matt Lucas. He has appeared on BBC comedies such as Little Britain (2003 - 2007), Come Fly with Me (2010 - 2011), and Rock Profile (1999 - 2000).
David has been a judge for the television talent show competition Britain's Got Talent on ITV since 2012. He is also an author of children's books. These books have been translated into 53 different languages worldwide.
David Walliams profile summary
- Full name: David Edward Williams
- Date of birth: 20th August 1971
- Place of birth: Wimbledon, London, UK
- Age: 49 years (as of 2020)
- Nationality: British
- Ethnicity: White
- Height: 6 feet 2 inches
- Weight: 98 kg
- Marital status: Divorced
- Ex-wife: Lara Stone
- Profession: Comedian, actor, author, talent-show judge
- Net worth: $25 million
The judge was born on 20th August 1971 in Wimbledon, London at St. Teresa's Maternity Hospital. David Walliams age is 49 years as of the year 2020.
He is the son of Peter Williams (father), a London transport engineer, and Kathleen (mother), a lab technician at Sutton Grammar School.
His parents raised him in the residential area of Nork, situated in Banstead, Surrey. He grew up alongside his sister Julie Williams. His father passed away in 2008 after succumbing to an aggressive form of liver cancer. David was also diagnosed with bipolar disorder at one point.
David attended Collingwood Boy's School in Wallington and Reigate Grammar School in Surrey. He was a contemporary of author Robert Shearman in the latter.
Between 1989 and 1992, David studied at the University of Bristol and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Drama. He resided at Manor Hall.
While in the university, he performed with the National Youth Theatre. It is during this time that he encountered his friend and comedy partner, Matt Lucas.
When he joined College Equity, he changed his stage name to David Walliams as there was a member with the name David Williams.
David wears many hats. He is an actor, celebrated author, comedian, and talent-show judge. Here is the breakdown of his different career ventures.
Walliams made his acting debut in 1996 with the role of Gareth Peas in the sketch show Mash and Peas. In 1999, he made his film debut in an action-comedy Plunkett & Macleane.
David has appeared in these movies:
- 2021 - Twist as Losberne
- 2019 - Missing Link as Mr Lemuel Lint (voice)
- 2019 - Murder Mystery as Tobias Quince
- 2014 - Pudsey: The Movie as Pudsey (voice)
- 2013 - Justin and the Knights of Valour as Melquiades and Karolius (voice)
- 2012 - Great Expectations as Mr Pumblechook
- 2010 - Dinner for Schmucks as Müeller
- 2010 - Marmaduke as Anton Harrison
- 2008 - The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian as Bulgy Bear (voice)
- 2008 - Vi*gin Territory as a Cart pusher
- 2007 - Run Fatboy Run as Customer in Libby’s shop
- 2007 - Stardust as Sextus
- 2004 - Shaun of the Dead as Voice on TV
- 1999 - Plunkett & Macleane as Viscount Bilston
He has appeared in these television shows:
- 2020 - The National Television Awards as Presenter
- 2019 - Britain’s Got Talent: The Champions as Judge
- 2018 - It'll Be Alright on the Night as Narrator
- 2017 - The Nightly Show as a Guest presenter, five episodes
- 2016 - Blankety Blank as Presenter
- 2015 to 2016 - Walliams and Friend as Various characters, creator, writer
- 2015 - Partners in Crime as Thomas “Tommy” Beresford
- 2013 to 2014 - Big School as Mr Church
- 2013 - Blandings as Rupert Baxter, two episodes
- 2012 to 2016 - A League of Their Own as Guest, eight episodes
- 2012- Britain’s Got Talent as Judge
- 2011 - Doctor Who as Gibbis, episode "The God Complex."
- 2010 to 2011 - Come Fly With Me as Various Characters, writer
- 2005 to 2016 - Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway as Himself, eight episodes
- 2004 - Hustle as Shop Assistant - Series 1/Ep 4
- 2004 - Agatha Christie’s Marple as George Bartlett
- 2003 to 2008 - Little Britain as Various roles, writer
- 2003 - Eastenders as Ray Collins
- 2002 - The Bill as Ben Fletcher
- 2001 - Fun at the Funeral Parlour as Cobra
- 2000to 2002 - Attachments as Jake Plaskow
- 2000 - The Strangers as Rats
- 1999 to 2009 - Rock Profile as Various roles
- 1999 - Bang, Bang, It’s Reeves and Mortimer as Various roles
- 1998 - Sir Bernard’s Stately Homes as Anthony Rodgers
- 1998 - Barking as Various roles
- 1996 - Mash and Peas as Gareth Peas
David Walliams books
David Walliams books are made of children's novels, picture and short story collections. Here is a complete list of the books.
The children's novels are:
- 2008 - The Boy in the Dress
- 2009 - Mr Stink
- 2010 - Billionaire Boy
- 2011 - Gangsta Granny
- 2012 - Ratburger
- 2013 - Demon Dentist
- 2014 - Awful Auntie
- 2016 - Grandpa’s Great Escape
- 2016 - The World’s Worst Children
- 2016 - The Midnight Gang
- 2017 - The World’s Worst Children 2
- 2017 - Bad Dad
- 2018 - The World’s Worst Children
- 2018 - The Ice Monster
- 2019 - Fing
- 2019 - The Beast of Buckingham Palace
- 2020 - Slime
Picture books include:
- 2013 - The Slightly Annoying Elephant
- 2014 - The First Hippo on the Moon
- 2015 - The Queen’s Orangutan
- 2015 - The Bear That Went Boo
- 2016 - There’s a Snake in my School
- 2018 - Boogie Bear
- 2018 - Geronimo
Short story collections include:
- 2016 - The World's Worst Children
- 2017 - The World's Worst Children 2
- 2018 - The World's Worst Children 3
- 2019 - The World's Worst Teachers
- The World's Worst Parents
Marriage and divorce
In 2009, it was alleged that the talent-show judge was in a relationship with Dutch model Lara Stone. The duo came out to confirm the rumours by announcing their engagement on 20th January 2010.
They exchanged their vows on 16th May 2010 at the Claridge's Hotel in Central London. In December 2012, David Walliams wife was pregnant.
The couple welcomed their son on 6th May 2013. After five years of marriage, the two separated.
David filed for divorce citing Stone's unreasonable behaviour as the reason for the divorce. The duo was given a decree nisi. After six weeks of filling, the union came to an end.
Is David Walliams Gay?
When asked if he is attracted to men during an interview with Attitude magazine in 2017, the celebrity replied:
"It's a bit of both. I don't know why anyone would rule [a relationship with a man] out. Why would anyone say that's never going to happen? I do love women and I'm attracted to women but sometimes I think it would be simpler if I wasn't - because people think I'm gay and I'm camp."
David also told The Sunday People that he had gay experiences while growing up.
David Walliams height is 6 feet and 2 inches. He weighs 98 kg. Walliams has dark brown eyes and dark brown hair.
David Walliams net worth
The accomplished author has an estimated net worth of around $25 million. Apart from earning as a writer, he is also a professional comedian and actor.
David Walliams has been an inspiration to the youths to strive to achieve their dreams. Despite suffering from mental illness, he has emerged victorious in the industry. Even with his massive achievements, he is a down to earth man.
READ ALSO: Casey Frey biography: Who is the viral internet sensation?
Legit.ng covered the biography of Casey Frey, who is a talented American social media personality, dancer, and actor. He grew up in Mendocino County in Northern California.
Dance was his first love. He started making dance videos at a tender age. Casey is also a talented actor. He appeared on Five Grand as Patrick Martin.