Jack Whitehall bio: girlfriend, family, net worth, is he gay?
Having the ability to make people or audiences laugh is a special gift. Jack Whitehall is one of the top English comedians. His sense of humour always makes people happy. He is also a seasoned actor who is best known for starring in Fresh Meat and Bad Education. The young stand-up comedian and actor has, without a doubt, contributed enormously to the success of the entertainment industry in the United Kingdom.
Jack Whitehall was given the name Jack Peter Benedict Whitehall by his parents at birth. He was born at Portland Hospital, City of Westminster, Central London on the 7th of July 1988. Presently, Jack Whitehall age is 31 years. He is the first child in a family of three children, his nationality is British, and his Zodiac sign is Cancer. Today, Whitehall is an accomplished actor, writer, comedian and television presenter.
- Name: Jack Peter Benedict Whitehall (commonly known as Jack Whitehall)
- Date of birth: 7th of July 1988
- Age: 31 years
- Place of birth: Portland Hospital, City of Westminster, London
- Zodiac sign: Cancer
- Nationality: British
- Height: 6 feet 1 inch (185 centimetres/ 1.85 metres)
- Weight: 80 kilogrammes (176 lbs)
- Measurements: 40-30-37
- Eye colour: Blue
- Hair colour: Dark brown
- Shoe size: 11 (U.S.)
- Father: Michael John Whitehall
- Mother: Hilary Amanda Jane Whitehall
- Siblings: Molly Louisa Anushka (sister), Barnaby William Frances (brother)
- Godfathers: Nigel Havers, Richard Griffiths
- Marital status: Not married
- Profession: Actor, writer, comedian, television presenter
Jack Whitehall family background
Actress Hilary Amanda Jane Whitehall is Jack's mother. On the other hand, television producer Michael John Whitehall is Jack Whitehall dad. He is the first child of Hilary and Michael John Whitehall. The comedian's father worked for many years as Richard Griffiths, Judi Dench and Colin Firth's agent. He also wrote his memoir, Shark-Infested Waters.
Molly Louisa Anushka, who was born on the 23rd of October 1989 is Jack Whitehall sister. The comedian also has a younger brother, Barnaby William Frances, who was born on the 10th of March 1992. Jack Whitehall brother is 27 years old. Actor Nigel Havers and the late actor Richard Griffiths are Jack's godfathers.
Jack Whitehall height and measurements
The actor and comedian is an attractive man. His height is 6 feet 1 inch (185 centimetres/ 1.85 metres). He weighs approximately 80 kilogrammes (176 lbs). His chest, waist and hips measure 40, 30 and 37 inches, respectively, and his biceps measure 14.5 inches. The comedian has striking blue eyes and dark brown hair. He wears size 11 shoes (U.S.).
Whitehall went to Tower House School, East Sheen, west London. In this institution, he met actor Robert Pattinson. He has previously joked that the resented Robert because he took the best roles in school plays. When he was 11 years old, he went to an Oxford-based boarding school, Dragon School.
He then joined Marlborough College in Wiltshire before taking a gap year. It was during his gap year that he started pursuing a career as a stand-up comedian. After the gap year, he joined the University of Manchester to study the History of Art, but he dropped out after two terms.
Whitehall has a multi-faceted career. He is an actor, writer, television presenter, and comedian. Throughout his career, he has achieved many things.
Having a television producer for a father and an actress for a mother meant that Jack and his siblings were introduced to the film and television industry at a young age. The actor and comedian developed an interest in acting. He has appeared in different television programmes and movies since he was a young child.
The actor has featured in the following television programmes so far;
- The Good Guys (1993): He appeared in the episode, Old School Ties, as Guy McFadyean Jr. At the time, he was about five years old.
- Noah's Ark (1997): He acted as Ben Wiston in the episode, Paying the Price.
- Bertie and Elizabeth (2002): He appeared as a little boy.
- Have I Been Here Before? (2005): He appeared in one episode of this programme as James Porter.
- Ruddy Hell! It's Harry and Paul (2008): He was an office worker in one episode.
- Jesus Boy and the Goatherd (2008): He featured as Jack and was also the writer of this television film.
- Little Crackers (2011): He appeared as Robin in the episode, Jack Whitehall's Little Cracker: Daddy's Little Princess. He also wrote the script for the programme.
- Fresh Meat (2011-2016): He starred in this series as J.P. This was a leading role.
- Bad Education (2012-2014): He portrayed the character of Alfie Wickers, who was the main character. He also created the programme and wrote 17 episodes. He was the associate producer of four episodes.
- A League of Their Own (2012-2017): He appeared as a regular panellist on the show.
- Psychobitches (2013-2014): He appeared in three episodes as Maria Von Trapp/ Sleeping Beauty's Prince/ Diana Spencer.
- Top Gear (2014): He appeared as himself.
- The Life of Rock with Brian Pern (2014): The appeared in one episode of this miniseries as Young Tony Pebble.
- An American Education (2014): This was a spin-off of Bad Education. The actor starred in the pilot as Alfie Wickers and was also the executive producer of the programme.
- Inside No. 9 (2015): He appeared in the episode, La Couchette, as Hugo.
- Cockroaches (2016): He starred in four episodes as Oscar.
- Thunderbirds Are Go (2015 to date): He is the voice of Francois Lemaire in this television programme.
- Drunk History (2016): He featured in one episode as Sir Walter Raleigh.
- Decline and Fall (2017): He acted in three episodes as Paul Pennyfeather.
- Jack Whitehall: At Large: Jack appeared as himself in this stand-up special.
- Bounty Hunters (2017 to date): He features as Barnaby, a leading role.
- Good Omens (2019): He featured as Newton Pulsifer.
- Who Do You Think You Are? (2019): He featured on this programme as himself. In it, he investigates his ancestry. Jack Whitehall father, Michael, also stars in this show.
Whitehall has appeared in the following films;
- Frozen (2013): He featured as Gothi The Troll.
- The Bad Education Movie (2015): He starred as Alfie Wickers and was also the writer of this film.
- Mother's Day (2016): He appeared as Zack Zimm.
- Asterix: The Mansions of the Gods (2016): He was the voice actor of Asterix.
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (2018): Whitehall portrayed the character of Harlequin.
- The Queen's Corgi (2019): He was the voice actor of Rex.
- Jungle Cruise (2020): He will be featuring as Mr. Houghton.
Career as a television presenter
As a television presenter, Whitehall has worked on the following programmes;
- Big Brother's Big Mouth: He was a presenter in the first week of E4. He later presented the twelfth week.
- 8 Out of 10 Cats: On this Channel 4 programme, Whitehall was the presenter of two episodes in September and November 2008. He would later present more shows.
- Celebrity Big Brother's Big Mouth: He presented in January 2009.
- The TNT Show: He co-presented the show with Holly Wash. This was a topical-satire series on Channel 4.
- You Have Been Watching: He presented this Channel 4 programme in August 2009.
- Would I Lie to You?: He first presented this show in September 2009.
- Mock the Week: He appeared severally on this satirical panel programme on BBC Two.
- Never Mind the Buzzcock: He was a guest presenter in one episode in October 2009.
- Argumental: He first appeared on this show in January 2010.
- A League of Their Own: He was on this sports show by James Corden in April 2010.
- The Feeling Nuts Comedy Night: He was the first presenter of this Channel 4 show that creates awareness about testicular cancer.
- Jack Whitehall: Travels with My Father: He is the presenter and executive producer of this series. The series started airing in 2017 and is running to date. It is a travel documentary series in which he and his father, Michael, have spent time in Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam. The show airs on Netflix.
- Brit Awards: An announcement that the actor would be the new host of this award show was made in December 2017. He took over from Dermot O'Leary and Emma Willis who hosted the show that year. In 2018 and 2019, he was the presenter of the Brit Awards.
- The Graham Norton Show: He was a guest presenter in 2019.
Career in stand-up comedy
The actor started his career as a stand-up comedian at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe which was held at the Pleasance Theatre. Before his performance, he had submitted a sketch show, Comic Abuse, to Fringe officials. He has performed at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe many times since then. His career timeline in stand-up comedy is as follows;
- Amused Moose Laugh Off: He won this competition in 2007.
- Laughing Horse New Act of The Year: He emerged the second overall winner.
- So You Think You're Funny?: The comedian was a finalist in this competition.
- Charlie Harthill Special Reserve: He won this competition.
- Hackney Empire New Act of the Year: He was a finalist in this 2008 competition.
- Nearly Rebellious: This was his first solo stand-up show during the 2009 Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
- Stand Up for the Week: He appeared on the first episode of this show alongside Patrick Kielty.
- Comedy Gala: He participated in this Channel 4 show in March 2010. The show was filmed in London's O2 Arena, and the proceeds went to assist the Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital.
- Montreal Just for Laughs: He appeared in this comedy festival in July 2010.
- Live at the Apollo: He was present when the sixth series was being recorded.
- Highest stand-up comedy gig in the world: In 2011, he, Jon Richardson and Dara Ó Briain hosted this show that set a new record on the Guinness World Records. They hosted the show on a flight by British Airways to support Comic Relief.
- The Big Fat Quiz of the Year: He appeared on this show in December 2012 and made a joke about Queen Elizabeth. The joke was not well-received.
- Backchat (2013-2015): He was the presenter of this show. He did this comedy show alongside his father, Michael.
- Dave's One Night Stand: He appeared in the inaugural series of the show at the Haymarket Theatre in London.
- Hammersmith Apollo: He performed two solo shows that earned favourable reviews.
Jack Whitehall tour
Following the success of his previous stand-up comedy live events, the comedian announced that he would be conducting a tour of the United Kingdom later this year. According to his website, the tour will be happening in November and December 2019. The events will be suitable for persons who are at least 14 years old. Some of the places he will be touring are Leeds, New Castle, Brighton, Liverpool, London, Dublin and Manchester.
Awards and nominations
The actor and comedian has received some nominations and awards throughout his career. Some of them are;
British Comedy Awards
- In 2010, he was nominated for the award of Best Male Comedy Breakthrough Artist for his work in 8 Out of 10 Cats and Mock the Week.
- In 2011, he was nominated for the award of Best T.V. Comedy Actor for his work in Fresh Meat.
- In 2012, he was the winner of King/Queen of Comedy.
Broadcasting Press Guild Awards
- In 2012, he was nominated for the Breakthrough Award for his role in Fresh Meat.
Monte-Carlo T.V. Festival
- In 2012, he was nominated for the award of Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series for his work in Fresh Meat.
Royal Television Society, U.K.
- In 2013, he was nominated for the award of Best Comedy Performance for his role in Fresh Meat.
Jack Whitehall net worth
The actor and comedian has had an industrious career. He is yet to reveal the amount of money that he got from each of his career ventures. Nonetheless, his net worth is estimated at $4 million.
Is Jack Whitehall married?
The comedian is yet to get married. Is Jack Whitehall gay? In his Netflix series, Travels with My Father, Jack and Michael travel and engage in activities such as naked girls and talk about Spice Girls. These activities have prompted people to question whether the comedian and actor is gay. In 2018, he also played the role of McGregor Houghton, an openly gay character on Jungle Cruise. While Jack Whitehall gay rumours stemmed from these two incidents, he is not gay.
From 2011 to 2017, model Gemma Chan was Jack Whitehall girlfriend. The couple first met on the set of Fresh Meat in 2011 broke up in September 2017. As he confirmed the split, the actor and comedian admitted that the two barely had enough time to spend with each other due to their busy schedules. Since there were no signs that their careers would slow down to accommodate the relationship, they decided to end the relationship.
In early 2018, there rumours that the comedian was dating singer Dua Lipa. The two had shown undeniable chemistry after the 2018 Brit Awards. They shared a kiss. He was also romantically linked to actress Kate Beckinsale after a picture of them kissing surfaced online. Is Kate Beckinsale Jack Whitehall partner? Well, neither she nor the comedian has confirmed or denied their relationship.
The comedian and actor is active on social media. He has a Twitter account with over 6.1 million followers. He also has an Instagram account with at least 2 million followers. He often uses these social media platforms to update his fans about his shows. Fans can view snippets of his shows and pictures of other happenings in his life on the two platforms.
Jack Whitehall is a famous English comedian, actor, writer and television presenter. He is currently on Travels with My Father alongside his father, Michael. The show is now in its third season. Many people want to know who Jack Whitehall wife is and what his sexual orientation is. The young man is yet to get married and has confirmed that he is is not gay.