Airtel is one of the largest telecommunications service providers in Nigeria, and currently serves about 30 million people in the country. It is popular because it has a large number of attractive tariff plans with internet services for its users. Find out how to buy data on Airtel right now.
Today, it is difficult to imagine life without the internet.
How to buy data on Airtel
This company takes into account the needs of its customers. That is why there are a lot of options to choose from. If you are a new user or have struggles with how to buy Airtel data, we are here to help you.
In general, when it comes to Airtel data, these are the available internet plans to choose from:
- Mega plans
- Social plans
- Instagram bundles
- Top up bundles
- Pay as you use option
.Daily and weekly plans
These bundles are the most affordable. To get started, you will need to dial the code on your mobile phone:
- 20 Mb (for one day) – 50 Naira, *141*50#
- 50 Mb (for one day) – 100 Naira, *141*100#
- 200 Mb (for three days) – 200 Naira, *141*200#
- 350 Mb (for 7 days) – 300 Naira, *141*300#
- 750 Mb (for 14 days) – 500 Naira, *141*500#
These bundles are perfect for those people who enjoy spending a lot of time surfing the web on their mobile devices. Some of them also include a pleasant bonus:
- 1.5 Gb – 1,000 Naira, *141*1000#
- 2.5 Gb (+ 1 Gb for night time) – 1,500 Naira, *141*1500#
- 3.5 Gb – 2,000 Naira, *141*2000#
- 4.5 Gb (+1 Gb for night time) – 2,500 Naira, *141*2500#
- 5.5 Gb (+1 Gb for night time) – 3,000 Naira, *141*3000#
- 7.5 Gb (+2 Gb for night time) – 4,000 Naira, *141*4000#
All of these plans are valid for thirty days. Also, please, note that night time is from 1 am till 7 am every day.
These bundles give you even more opportunities of internet usage. Thanks to them, you will be able to download huge files quickly and even watch movies online.
- 12 Gb (10 Gb + 2 Gb for night time) – N5,000, *141*5000#
- 25 Gb – N10,000, *141*10000#
- 40 Gb – N15,000, *141*15000#
- 60 Gb – N20,000, *141*20000#
All of the Mega bundles are valid for a period of one month as well.
As you can see from the title, these plans are suitable for social media applications, namely WhatsApp, Facebook and Twitter.
- 10 Mb (for one day) – N25, *948*4#
- 40 Mb (for one day) – N50, *991*4#
- 80 Mb (for five days) – N100, *688*3#
- 600 Mb (for twenty-five days) – N300, *688*1#
Note that the first plan gives access to chatting on WhatsApp only, and the last three give access to using Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp.
READ ALSO: How to transfer airtime from MTN to Airtel
These are special bundles, particularly for Instagram:
- 250 Mb (for one day) – N100, *141*105#
- 1 Gb (for one day) – N200, *141*205#
Top up bundles
These bundles are a convenient way to top up your balance if you are out of data but want to stay connected. Here are the options:
- 1 Gb – 500 Naira, *141*11*9#
- 2 Gb – 1,000 Naira, *141*11*10#
- 4 Gb – 2,000 Naira, *141*11*11#
- 10 Gb – 5,000 Naira, *141*11*12#
They are postpaid and you can buy any suitable one after your monthly plan is exhausted.
Pay as you use
In a nutshell, this plan gives you an opportunity to use mobile internet at an affordable charge of just 3 Naira per 1 Mb. To start using this service, you will need to dial *400#.
Buy data online
There is also an opportunity to buy some of the Airtel data bundles online from an official website. You can choose from different daily and monthly plans, depending on how much megabytes you need.
In general, there are many options to pick from on the company's official website. All you will need to do is to select a suitable bundle, click on it and insert your telephone number.
Now you know everything you need to know about how to buy data on Airtel. As you can see, everyone can choose an option that will be suitable just for him or her. Such a variety of alternatives is really wonderful as it can save you a lot of money. What is more important, you will always be able to stay connected and have instant access to the internet.
READ ALSO: How to borrow money from Airtel