Drop fade haircuts for men have been a huge trend for many seasons. A lot of guys who are keeping up with modern fashion have already got their gorgeous drop fade haircut. The reason why people like them so much is that they are very stylish and complement the face well. You have a brilliant opportunity to learn what are the differences between various types of drop cuts and check out top-20 amazing examples of this hairstyle!
The drop fade haircut men are increasingly popular these days, and the appeal to all age groups is undeniable. Possibly, such huge popularity was achieved since this hairstyle works with all types of hair, and can be combined with plenty of clothing styles, no matter if you are going for a more casual or practical formal look. Such haircut always looks refined and make a good impression on everyone around, because it indicates that a man cares about his appearance. A lot of celebrities, models and athletes are rocking the drop fade hairstyle. For example, Drake is known for his stylish drop cut. However, you do not necessarily need a hair stylist with a world-famous name in order to get this cut – you can use the services of your local men's barber. It is relatively easy to create and maintain, and very convenient to wear.
This hairstyle has a lot of various options that differ from one another.
Top 20 trendy drop fade cuts
Check out examples of the trendiest styles that you can get today! This is one of the best hair options for men since it gets a lot of attention.
1. Afro with a gradual fade
Sometimes, when a natural afro becomes a little boring, shaking things up is the best thing to do, so you can shave off your sides and get an appealing medium style with smooth edges.
2. Faded buzz cut
Buzz cuts are usually convenient, so those men who do not want to become completely bald, but who are also of too much hair usually shave their head this way.
3. High taper cut with afro
All the famous footballers and actors with this style look very determined and confident, so judging from their example, it would look great on most men.
4. Short buzz cut
It is possible to stylishly shave off your hair sharply on the sides, adding some texture to the locks, creating a beautiful fading effect.
5. Sharp buzz cut and beard
This is a stylish cut gradually transitioning into a beard which is an attribute of a strong and determined man.
6. Dreadlocks with faded cut
Dreads and transition styles may not have seemed compatible at all, but when you see how good and original they look together, you are set to change your mind.
7. High fade comb over
For the boldest men, here is a comb-over sort of hairstyle which involves shaving off most of your hair on the sides of the head into a gradual fade and comb the remaining hair to one side.
8. Buzzcut with a stripe
Very frequently, people decide to shave off some additional shapes and stripes on their buzz cuts to make them more interesting and good-looking.
9. Spiky hair with abrupt transitions
This is a good example of the low fade style: you can see the fading area, but it is so tiny that it is constantly escaping from your sight.
10. Layered style with dread ponytail
Light dreadlocks are extremely attention-grabbing, especially in a ponytail; you have probably noticed that this style has a few layers, and the fading is not consistent, but this is the whole point and charm of the haircut.
READ ALSO: Different types of cornrows for guys
11. Kinky afro with the faded transition
A lot of black people have lush afro hairstyles, but sometimes it can become a little too much, as these styles are usually abundant and always get in your face during an important business.
12. Small curls and low fade
In this case, we have cute small curls, which are usually compliant and easy to wear.
13. Stylish undercut
There are a lot of various types of afro texture, and none of them is like the other: this one consists of tiny curls and is very smooth. Even though this type of hair is popular and loved among African men, sometimes you need change, and the change can come as an imaginative fade, which features an undercut in the shape of a lightning bolt and a few barely visible stripes.
14. Braided style
This hairdo is very intricate and would probably take some time to create, but the result will take everyone's breath away.
15. Low Fade
Here is another spin on the curly hair, but this time with a shallow fading area - it looks like the locks are falling over the fade, which is barely seen but is still able to have a magical effect.
16. Expressive braids and designs
The style you see right now combined a few very beautiful and experimental elements.
17. Stripe-shaped buzz cut with a long beard
What about the buzz cut which is not the regular one but with stripe pattern all over your head? Then these lines fade away in the lower part of the head, eventually paving the way to the beard.
18. High drop fade with eccentric designs
This style would look best on kids and teenagers, but the most courageous young men can also give it a try: the fading here is abrupt instead of gradual, which is another factor that makes this style so peculiar.
19. Bumpy texture with a fade
If you feel like your hair looks like clouds, it is a good thing, which can be used to your advantage: you can shave some cloudy designs on your fading area and just let the upper part of your head be as it is. The puffy textures look very unforgettable and attractive.
20. Cornrow style
The fade styles can be combined with cornrow braids, and it is awesome because you will have a two-in-one hairstyle.
What is a drop fade?
A drop fade cut bears a lot of similarities to a regular fade haircut. However, the difference is that it becomes lower around the front hairline and at the back of a person's head. The reason why it has some benefits compared to the sisterly style is the sharpness when it comes to outlining the face and some more depth in the crown area. Drop fade is a universal hairstyle which works together with plenty of bases, from the pompadour to afro. It can make everything more fresh and creative, that is why men from all around the world fancy it so much.
Types of the drop fade
There are some usual types of drop fade that we will talk about today. For instance:
- Low fade – this style begins above the ears and then reaches from the hairline to the neck. Low drop fade is loved by professional businessmen who always need to look fresh and clean. You can recognise it when you see a faded style with low contrast.
- Medium drop fade – this haircut is a beautiful balance between the lower and higher cut, and in case you are hesitant to choose one of them, you can go for the medium. The mid fade haircut usually begins halfway up the sides and provides a person with a decent middle ground, which is neither too fancy nor too frequent. The medium fade haircut has a significant advantage – it works typically with every hairstyle, type and length.
- High top drop fade – this is the edgy cut which generally begins around the top of a person's head. The guys who enjoy contrasts and want to have a cool dude vibe to them usually go to a barber in hopes to get such haircut. It can be combined with many different popular styles.
It is impossible to create two styles which will look exactly the same. Some of the known variations of this hairstyle which can be created with any of the above lengths are:
- Drop skin fade – this type is also known as bald or zero fades. The special thing about it is the way the hair is shaved off. While some haircuts of the fade style have some hair on the sides of the head left, the skin one features shaving all the hair down to the skin. A lot of men like this style because it does not require plenty of maintenance and can stay in the same condition for a long time.
- Drop fade with part – this is the name of a hairstyle that has the central part of the hair separated from the fade with the straight shaved line. It is a popular choice among people because it depicts style, confidence and edginess.
- Drop fade undercut – this style is a combination of two popular ones, undercut and fade. Fashion lovers adore this one because it is cute and practical, and it includes the best features of both. It can also be combined with more hair options, for example, comb-over.
- Drop fade comb over – finally, we have the comb-over together with undercut and fade. The distinctive thing about this style is all of the hair being combed to one side, and along with transition, it looks incredibly hot.
Did you like these 20 fantastic drop fade styles that are a trend of this year? We believe that you got inspired after reading this article and decided to improve your image. You can always add something in the comment section and mention which type of hairstyles you enjoy wearing!
READ ALSO: Trendy Afro hairstyles for men