What are the top 10 most expensive cars in the world? Luxurious vehicles have become a part of the life of politics, musicians, people in business, etc. How much do these exclusive cars cost? What is the most expensive car in the world? Read the article to discover the answers!
Gone are those days, when only privileged people owned a car. If you plan to buy a car, you will probably wish to know what are its facilities and “superpowers”, which can distinct you on the road among hundreds of other vehicles. The problem is that nowadays, there are a lot of cars of different models, classes, capacity, and configurations. Moreover, it’s hard to resist when the automobile showrooms start to offer a good discount for the inputs.
However, when we speak about luxury cars, things go another way. Which one exactly? In this article, you will discover the features of the top ten most expensive cars in the world and their price.
Top 10 most expensive cars in the world with prices
Buying an expensive car is a whim for privileged people. Why? Their production is limited. Moreover, these vehicles go through a long way of testing and checks before they make their first steps out of the workshop. Let’s discover the real superheroes of the automobile industry and the price!
1. 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO ($48.4 million)
It is the rarest and most expensive car in the world, which represents a truly classic style! It is a dream of any car collector. However, until recent times it was a part of the collection of Greg Whitten.
According to the data provided by forbes.com, the price tag of this exclusive vehicle was $48 million at the auction of 2018.
Key facts about Ferrari 250 GTO:
- the manufacturer produced only 39 cars of such kind (from 1962 to 1964);
- the cars originate from Maranello, Italy;
- it is a two-seat sports car with a weigh of 880 kilograms;
- the highest speed it can reach is 280 km/h;
- the model features a 3.0 L V12 engine;
- Ferrari 250 GTO offers-five speed manual transmission;
- the tank capacity of this sports car is 120 liters.
2. Rolls Royce Sweptail ($13 million)
It is a gorgeous vehicle that captures breath at first sight. Its manufacturer is Rolls Royce Motor Cars. The production of this vehicle occupies the area in the United Kingdom. The producer constructs vehicles only on request.
How much does such a bird cost? Due to the information, published by topspeed.com, you will have to spend $13 million to drive with comfort and enjoy luxury amenities.
What features make Rolls Royce Sweptail so special?
- politicians, celebrities, and businesspeople favor this luxury car;
- aluminum cover and mirror finish adorn its exterior;
- the car’s dashboard is handcrafted;
- it possesses a 6.75 L twin-turbo V12 engine;
- the vehicle has ZF eight-speed automatic transmission;
- Rolls Royce Sweptail features 338 kW of power.
3. Mercedes-Benz Maybach Exelero ($8 million)
Mercedes-Benz Maybach Exelero is a mind-blowing supercar that is a product of Maybach car brand. The design of a car is a joint project of Maybach with Fulda, known as a producer of car tires. These two partners got united for cooperation in 2005.
Fulda has developed an entirely new design of tires and had an urgent need in the same product – a car with a unique design. The producer of Mercedes-Benz Maybach Exelero is Stola, an Italian company set in Turin.
The car's estimated price is $8 million due to data provided by digitaltrends.com.
Interesting facts about Mercedes-Benz Maybach Exelero:
- it owns a 5.9L twin-turbocharged V12 engine;
- the car features 590 horsepower and 1020 Nm of torque;
- the top speed of this wild creature is 250 km/h (218 mph);
- it has two doors and two seats;
- it flies from 0-100 km/h in just 4.4 seconds;
- in 2011, this beautiful Mercedes-Benz expanded the car fleet of America’s rapper Birdman.
4. Bugatti DIVO ($5.8 million)
Bugatti DIVO is regarded to be one of the most brilliant cars produced by BUGATTI for its 110th anniversary, which took place in 2019. It is the most dynamic and quickest vehicle the manufacturer has ever created. It plans to construct only 40 cars in total.
Due to the information published by fobes.com, it costs $5.8 million to buy a supercar.
DIVO is a complete representation of the brand’s new philosophy – “form follows performance”.
How can DIVO surprise you?
- this awesome car features 8L W16 engine with four turbochargers with BUGATTI 2-stage turbocharging and the intercooler;
- it flies to 0 – 100 km/h (62 mph) in 2.4 seconds;
- the vehicle has 7-speed DSG dual-clutch gearbox;
- the maximum speed of a car was limited to 380 km/h (236 mph).
5. Ferrari Pininfarina Sergio ($5.06 million)
A gorgeous car with an exquisite design is a creature of an Italian manufacturer who produced only six vehicles in 2013. Upon release, one could see this beauty on sale for just $3 million. However, its price has quickly increased to $5.06 million due to the data of motor1.com.
What are the reasons to fall in love with Ferrari Pininfarina Sergio:
- a V8 4.5-liter engine powers the car;
- it features black leather and Alcantara interior;
- the car provides 605 horsepower and is excellent for a 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) drive in 3.4 seconds;
- one car has a place in the garage of a wealthy owner from Switzerland; the next one went to the United Arab Emirates; one more car has the owner from Japan, and three last vehicles went to the USA.
6. Koenigsegg’s CXXR Trevita ($4,850,000)
It is an adorable vehicle one regards to as one of the most expensive street-legal production cars in the entire world. Furthermore, this impressive Superbird is referred to as one of the most exclusive ones either. Why? The matter is that there are only two cars of this model in the world for the present moment. Its production is too time-consuming.
To buy such a vehicle is not a cheap pleasure. Due to the data published by digitaltrends.com, one car costs $4.850.000.
Facts to know about “the diamond on wheels” Koenigsegg’s CXXR Trevita:
- “Trevita” in translations from Swedish means “three whites”;
- when touched by the sunlight, the car shines as if it were covered with millions of tiny diamonds thanks to the usage of silver carbon fibers;
- its top speed is 410+ km/h (254+ mph);
- the vehicle reaches the speed of 0-100km/h within 2.9 seconds;
- it has two doors and two seats;
- the fuel capacity of “Trevita” is 70 liters;
- in 2015, Floyd Mayweather bought it for $4.8 million. At present, it is the only road-legal vehicle in its kind in the U.S.
7. Lamborghini Veneno Roadster ($4.5 million)
Lamborghini Veneno Roadster is a futuristic car of Italian origin. The car is a pleasure in both ways to drive and observe. It looks wild and stylish. It bears the name of “Veneno”, which in translation from Spanish means “poison”. This model saw the world in 2013 and had a limited edition of three vehicles.
At the very beginning, due to the data published by forbes.com, the cars were on sale for $4.5 million (in 2013). However, later, in 2017, one of the owners of Veneno put his bird on sale for $9.5 million.
What are the distinctive features of Lamborgini Veneno Roadster?
- the model Lamborghini Veneno Roadster saw the world as a special addition constructed for the 50th anniversary of the company;
- Lamborgini Veneno is a two-seat car;
- there are only three cars of this model in the world;
- it has 6.5-liter V-12 engine and an electronically limited top speed of 220 mph;
- it runs from 0-60 mph in just 2.8 seconds;
- its engine power is 740 horsepowers.
8. McLaren P1 LM ($3.6 million)
It is a creature of Frank Stephenson, a famous American automobile designer. This vehicle belongs to a limited edition of sports cars, produced by famous McLaren Automotive in England. There are only five McLaren P1 LM birds in the world. The owners of these luxury vehicles come from the UAE, Japan, the UK, and the USA.
According to the data provided by beautifullife.info, the estimated cost of a vehicle is $3.6 million.
The car features a rear wheel design and offers to enjoy a 3.8 liters twin turbo engine. Furthermore, a seven-speed dual clutch. The average speed of McLaren P1 LM is 111 mph.
9. Lykan Hypersport ($3.4 million)
One more masterpiece - Lykan Hypersport closes the top ten most expensive cars in the world list. It is a “child” of Lebanese car maker W Motors. This car belongs to a limited edition of sports cars either. There are only seven birds that saw the world from the bird of W Motors. The price of Lykan Hypersport is $3.4 million.
What can the Lykan Hypersport offer?
- its seats feature decoration with gold;
- the car’s headlights are encrusted with diamonds;
- it has a mid-mounted 3.7L twin-turbocharged flat six engine;
- the vehicle reaches the speed of 0-100km/h within 2.8 seconds;
- one of the cars is currently for sale at a Dubai dealership.
10. Aston Martin Valkyrie ($3.2 million)
Its code names are Nebula and AM-RB-001. According to forbes.com, the price of such a vehicle is $3.2 million.
Interesting facts about Aston Martin Valkyrie:
- the vehicle is the first sports car of Aston Martin manufacture, created in collaboration with Red Bull Racing and a few more producers;
- it is the hybrid electric sports car;
- there are 150 cars of this kind in the world;
- the vehicle features 6.5L V12 engine by Cosworth;
- the car also has a Rimac-built KERS hybrid battery system;
- it has a colossal 1130 horsepower;
- Valkyrie reaches the speed of 0-320 km/h within 10 seconds;
- the vehicle's maximum speed is 400 km/h.
Now, you can give an adequate answer to the question relating to the top 10 most expensive cars in the world. Each of them is a work of art, rolling over the streets. It is evident that while being on the road, these birds grab all the possible attention and make people sigh with envy and astonishment.
READ ALSO: Highest car in the world - Top 5