- Follower-count on social media is a type of ‘currency’ for comedians and online skit-makers
- Many have managed to amass millions of fans by churning out hilarious content on a daily basis
- Legit.ng has compiled a list of top Nigerian skit-makers with a large following on Instagram
Whether as a celebrity or a regular user on social media, follower-count on several platforms is an important part of the experience that a lot of people pay attention to.
Perhaps, this is because a massive follower count comes with the perks of earning cool cash or creating an employment opportunity for one’s self. For instance, social media influencing has quickly become one of the coolest jobs of recent times.
While it can be really tasking to grow followers, a seemingly easy way to attract attention is by putting out useful content for people or simply making online users laugh.
A number of Nigerians seem to have gotten a hint of this follower-count hack hence the rise in the number of online skit-makers.
In no particular order, Legit.ng has compiled a list of top Instagram skit makers and their huge follow-count on the platform. Check them out below:
1. Taaoma (2.1 million IG fans)
2. Maraji (1.2 million IG followers)
3. Twyse (1.2 million IG fans)
4. Ikorodu bois (1 million IG followers)
5. Josh 2 funny (1.9 million IG followers)
6. Woli Agba (3.7 million followers)
7. MC Lively (1.9 million IG fans)
8. Sydney Talker (2.6 IG followers)
9. Nasty Blaq (1.5 million IG fans)
10. Craze CLown (3.9 million IG followers)
11. Nedu (2.1 million IG followers)
12. Mr Macaroni (1.9 million fans on IG)
13. Lasisi Elenu (3.6 million followers)
14. The cute Abiola (3.4 million IG fans)
15. Broda Shaggi (7.5 million IG fans)
In a similar story, Legit.ng compiled a report highlighting popular fuji musicians and their follower count on social media.
The list featured singers like Wasiu Alabi Pasuma, Adewale Ayuba, Sule Alao Malaika, Obesere among others.