Danniella Westbrook is a well known English actress and reality TV personality who is famous for intermittently playing the role of Sam Mitchell in the BBC soap opera EastEnders. The actress has also been featured in other highly rated productions such as Hollyoaks, Frank Stubbs, and Mob Handed.
As a child, Danniella dreamed of becoming a showjumper, but all of this changed when she was seven years old, which was when she first got into the world of show business.
Although the actress' life has not been the easiest - she has battled drug abuse, sexual assault, and cancer- she is nonetheless one of the biggest stars ever to grace our screens.
- Date of birth: November 5, 1973
- Place of birth: Walthamstow, London
- Age: 46 years old
- Zodiac sign: Scorpio
- Height: 5' 4½" (1.64 m)
- Weight: 54 kilograms
- Body measurements: 34-26-35 inches
How old is Danniella Westbrook?
The actress was born on November 5, 1973, meaning that Danniella Westbrook age is 46 years.
The actress was born as the only daughter of Andy and Susan Westbrook, a cab driver and shop assistant respectively; her parents got divorced.
She has an older half-brother, Justin Drew, who was born in 1970 from her dad's previous marriage. The actress also has a younger brother, Andrew Jay, who was born in 1981. Her half-sister, Georgia Elizabeth, was born in 1997 from her dad's third marriage.
Danniella Westbrook young attended the prestigious Sylvia Young Theatre School from 1981 to 1989. She first began taking evening classes at the school and later switched to full time studying at the institution due to bullying at her local school.
Danniella first began her working life in modelling. As a child, she launched Next's children fashion wear before becoming the face of high street chain Tammy Girl. She also appeared in television adverts for Opel cars and Coca Cola.
She also had a small part in Grange Hill and made an appearance in West End.
Her most famous role to date is the role of Sam Mitchell in EastEnders. She first appeared on the BBC One show as an extra. When she was 16 years old, she was put forward for the role of Sam Mitchell; she auditioned and got the role. Danniella made her first appearance on the show in July 1990.
She appeared on the show on and off until 2016.
Movies and TV shows
She has also acted in the following:
- Mob Handed (2016) as the mother
- Essex Vendetta (2016) as Michelle
- Hollyoaks (2013) as Trudy Ryan
- Frank Stubbs (1993-1994) as Dawn Dillon
Apart from these, the celebrity has also been featured on reality TV shows such as Celebrity Big Brother, Dancing On Ice, and I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!
How much is Danniella Westbrook worth?
Married Biography reports that Danniella Westbrook net worth is approximately £500,000 at the moment.
Danniella has been romantically involved with the following men:
- Brian Harvey (1991 - 1995)
- Robert Fernandez (1996-1998): They have a son together. His name is Kai Jordan Westbrook.
- Ben Morgan: Westbrook and the van driver got married in October 1998 after being together for just eight weeks. They later got divorced in 1999.
- Kevin Jenkins: Kevin is Westbrook's second husband. They got married on December 27, 2001, and separated in January 2014.
- Tom Richards: The two were engaged from April to August 2014. They had been dating since February 2014.
- George Arnold (November 2015 - October 2016)
- Alan Thomason: The two got engaged on August 10, 2017, after Alan proposed on a beach in Benidorm.
Danniella Westbrook kids
The actress has two kids, a son and a daughter:
- Kai Jordan Westbrook is her firstborn child. He was born to Danniella and her then-boyfriend Robert Fernandez on November 23, 1996.
- Jodie B Jenkins, her daughter, was born on September 5, 2001. Her father is Kevin Jenkins.
The actress first tried cocaine when she was 14. After landing the role in EastEnders, she became a regular on the London club scene, which then escalated her drug abuse. By the age of 21, she was spending £400 a day on cocaine.
In 2000, the actress's fans were shocked to see pictures of Danniella Westbrook nose; her drug abuse had caused her septum to disintegrate, leaving her with one gaping nostril instead of one.
She then checked into rehab, and six months later, she appeared on the TV show The Priory where she claimed that she had not used drugs in months, even though she was still on drugs at the time.
She went back to rehab and underwent reconstructive surgery on her nose.
In 2018, Westbrook made a shocking appearance on The Jeremy Kyle Show. During the Danniella Westbrook Jeremy Kyle interview, the actress broke down before Jeremy, revealing that she was still regularly using drugs and that she had snorted cocaine just four days before her appearance on the show.
Jeremy, who is her friend, then told her that he would pay for her to get back into rehab.
In 2019, Danniella spent three months in rehab for drug addiction.
Danniella Westbrook before and after photo
Here is a before and after photo of the actress:
Other facts about the actress
- She was diagnosed with womb cancer in 2018. Danniella Westbrook now is free from cancer; in 2019, the actress revealed that she had gotten the 'all clear' from doctors.
- In 1995, she was sexually assaulted over two days by three men who abducted her because she owed someone money.
- She got breast implants in 2000. In 2002, she underwent emergency corrective surgery when one of her saline implants ruptured.
Here are more facts:
What age is Danniella Westbrook?
She is 46.
Who is Kai Westbrook's dad?
His dad is Robert Fernandez.
Despite the troubles that Danniella Westbrook has gone through, she is still one of TV's greatest icons.
READ ALSO: Andrew Neil bio: age, wife, show, net worth, political views
Legit.ng recently published an interesting account of Andrew Neil's life. Neil is a British journalist often defined as a formidable political interviewer.
The man is famous for presenting live political programs such as Politics Live and The Andrew Neil Show on BBC Two.