What does it take to become a successful rock musician? You can borrow a leaf from some of the prominent rock singers in the world like Linda Perry to get some tips. She is an American celebrity whose musical talent has blossomed thanks to her passion and dedication in the entertainment industry over the years. She is also a songwriter and record producer.
How old is Linda Perry, and is she married? Find out more about the sensational rock singer, including her journey in the lucrative industry.
- Full Name: Linda Perry
- Birth Date: April 15, 1965
- Birth Place: Springfield, Massachusetts, U.S
- Birth sign: Aries
- Ethnicity: English-Welsh-American
- Nationality: American
- Height: 5 feet 3 inches (1.60m)
- Weight: 55kg
- Profession: Singer, songwriter, musician, record producer
Who is Linda Perry? The American singer was born on April 15, 1965, in Springfield, MA. Linda Perry age is 54. She grew up in a musical household, which helped her develop a passion for music at a very young age. Her father, Alfred Xavier Perry, was a Portuguese-American, while her mother, Marluce Martins, is a Brazilian. Both her parents were musicians.
Linda Perry siblings
Who is Linda Perry related to, and how many siblings does she have? The talented singer has six siblings. Five brothers, namely Jay, Marcel, Mark, John, and Solomon, and a sister called Sally. The celebrity once revealed that her step-brother, Mark, molested her at a very young age.
Is Linda Perry related to Joe Perry?
Joe Perry is an American musician and lead guitarist of the power rock band, Aerosmith. He was born on September 10, 1950, in Lawrence, Massachusetts, to Anthony and Mary S. Perry. His mother died in October 2013.
So, is Linda Perry related to Joe Perry? Although the two musicians share the second name and both come from Massachusetts, there is no information about their relation.
The 54-year-old started her music career back in 1989 by making songs and singing them on a guitar on the streets.
She later joined popular band, 4 Non Blondes, as a singer and songwriter, after its founder, Christa Hillhouse discovered her talent. In 1992, the band released its first album, 'Bigger, Better, Faster, More!' Linda was the lead singer in one of the most popular tracks in the collection, What's Up?
The band suffered several setbacks after releasing the album and got temporarily disbanded. For Linda, that was not the end of everything as she embarked on her solo career to continue with her dream.
Linda formed her label, Rockstar Records, and later signed Stone Fox and 2 Lane Blacktop. She released her debut solo album, 'In Flight,' in 1996. It took her three years to unveil her second solo album, 'After Hours.'
She began working with various artists in the subsequent years and entertaining her audience in live performances. Here are some of her collaborations in the entertainment industry.
- In 2000, she signed a contract with pop-rock singer Pink. She was the producer and songwriting assistance of Pink's second album, 'Missundaztood.' She has also worked with Gwen Stefani, Alicia Keys, Melissa Etheridge, and Solange Knowles, among others.
- The rock star also signed a deal with Kill Rock Stars in 2005.
- She partnered with Tony Tornay to release the LP '8 Songs About a Girl.'
- Linda teamed up with her wife, Sara Gilbert, to release an album of children's music titled 'Deer Sounds' in 2015.
- Some of the songs she has co-written and produced include Superfly (1992), Save Me (2005), and Can't Let Go (2015), among others.
- She discovered famous English singer James Blunt, who is known for releasing the hit song, You're Beautiful, from his album, 'Back to Bedlam' (2014).
- In 1997, she was among the producers of the Pink as the Day She Was Born film written by Cathie Wilkins and directed by Steve Hall.
Awards and nominees
The talented singer won two American Society of Composers Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) award in 2003. She also received a Grammy Award nomination in the Song of the Year category for Beautiful. Linda and Dolly Parton also received three nominations for Girl in the Movies song used in the film Dumplin (2018). They are;
- 2019 Critics' Choice Movie Award in the Best Song category.
- 2019 Golden Globe Award in the Best Original Song category.
- 2019 Hollywood Music in Media Award in the Best Original Song category.
Linda Perry net worth
After enjoying a successful career in the entertainment industry, there is no doubt that the rock singer has made quite a lot of money in her career. She has a net worth of $18 million.
Linda Perry Sara Gilbert relationship
Who is Linda Perry wife, Sara Gilbert? How many children do they have?
Sara is an American actress born in 1975 in Santa Monica, California. She is best known for her role as Darlene Conner in the sitcom Roseanne and as the creator of the series The Talk. The couple started dating back in 2011 and got engaged in 2013. They tied the knot on March 30, 2014.
After marrying Sara Gilbert Linda Perry became stepparent to Sawyer Jane and Levi Hank. Sara got the two children from her previous relationship with Allison Adler. On February 28, 2015, Linda Perry and Sara Gilbert welcomed their first son.
Linda Perry young son is called Rhodes Emilio Gilbert Perry. The couple also purchased a large mansion in LA's Hancock Park area that cost them about $7 million, where they lived with the children before partying ways. Sara Gilbert and Linda Perry divorced in 2019, ending their five-year marriage.
Other facts about the talented rock singer
- Before launching her music career, Linda worked as a waitress at 'Spaghetti Western' located on Haight Street in San Francisco.
- She owns a recording studio in north Holywood, called Kung Fu Gardens.
- The beautiful singer previously dated L Word actress Clementine Ford before meeting Sara in 2011.
- She struggled with kidney disease for several years but did not give up on her dreams of becoming a musician.
- She was introduced into the Songwriters Hall of fame in 2015, following her immense contribution to the entertainment industry.
Linda Perry is also active on social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter and has many followers. Will she find another lover after splitting with Sara?