You may be familiar with some or all Huawei's Nova series smartphones, but what about the latest Huawei Nova 6 5G? How different is it from other devices in the series, and is it worth buying in 2020? Before deciding on purchasing the handset, you need to be sure about its specifications, features, and price as you compare it with other phones in the market.
Huawei launched the first smartphones in the Nova line back in 2016. Since then, the giant technology company, with headquarters in Shenzhen, China, has maintained a steady supply of handsets with stunning designs and specifications to meet the needs of its customers. Huawei Nova 6 5G launch date was in December 2019.
There are several reasons why the flagship Nova 6 5G smartphone standouts among many handsets in 2020, but like any other device, it also comes with its shortcomings.
- It has a long battery life that can last for an extended period without charging.
- The device also has a large display suitable for watching videos and playing games.
- The 40MP primary camera and 32MP selfie camera make it a good phone for photography.
- It also comes in different colours for customers to select from, which are Black, Blue, Red, and Provence.
- It does not have a microSD slot to expand the memory.
- The device is not waterproof or dustproof; therefore, it may not survive if it slips into water or gets some dust.
Huawei Nova 6 5G specs
Here are essential Huawei Nova 6 5G latest news on its specifications that you need to know before deciding to buy the device.
- Operating System: Android 10.0; EMUI 10
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 990 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2x2.86 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2x2.09 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4x1.86 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP16
- Dimensions: 162.7 x 75.8 x 9 mm (6.41 x 2.98 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 212 g
- Screen size: 6.57 inches
- Resolution: 1080x2400 pixels
- RAM: 8GB
- ROM: 128GB/256GB
- Rear camera: 40-megapixel (f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (f/2.4) + 8-megapixel (f/2.4)
- Front camera: 32-megapixel (f/2.0) + 8-megapixel (f/2.2)
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4200 mAh battery
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Colours: Black, Blue, Red, Provence
Here are the outstanding Huawei Nova 6 5G features that deal with its hardware.
Huawei Nova 6 5G has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, but it is not waterproof. It has a bezel-less design with dual front-facing cameras arranged horizontally similar to Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. At the back of the phone is a triple camera in a vertical setup and a Huawei branding on the bottom.
The device comes with a 6.57-inch display and a screen resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. Its screen density is 401 PPI. The smartphone also comes in four colour variants, which are Black, Blue, Red, and Provence.
Processor, storage & performance
It uses the HiSilicon Kirin 990 chipset (5G variant) introduced by the Chinese technology company in late 2019. The processor integrates eight CPU cores in three clusters, which improves its performance. For graphics, the device uses the Mali-G76 MP16 GPU.
In terms of storage, the device offers 8GB RAM and 128/256GB ROM. There is, however, no option for micro-SD expansion since the handset does not have a microSD slot.
Users of the Android phone have less to worry about its battery capacity. It has an in-built battery of 4200mAh and also supports fast battery charging of 40W (70% in 30 minutes).
Speaker and audio quality
It also has loud and clear speakers and also features a 3.5mm headphone jack. The device also has active noise cancellation with a dedicated mic.
On the software side, the device runs on the latest OS version and also comes with powerful lenses to take care of your photography needs.
OS and features
Android 10 is the OS running the smartphone with Huawei's EMUI 10 skin on top. The latest OS version offers smooth performance and the best user interface for Android devices.
Camera, video, and image quality
Huawei Nova 6 5G features the same quad-camera system on the rear and the same dual-camera front-facing camera setup as in the Nova 6 smartphone. The primary camera is 40MP with an aperture of f/1.8, an 8MP telephoto camera with an aperture of f/2.4, and an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.4.
Users can take photos in Panorama and HDR and also record videos at 2160p@30/60fps. For 1080p videos, one can use frame rates of up to 30fps, while for 720p videos, the frame rates can go up to 960fps, which allows for slow-motion video.
The device also takes care of your selfie needs with a whopping 32MP primary camera that can take HDR photos as well as record 2160p videos at 30fps. The front camera has an aperture of f/2.0 and an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2.
When it comes to exposure, the camera does not disappoint its users. It has good target exposure on faces due to low light and occasional slightly high target exposure on dark skin.
Huawei Nova 6 5G price
You can get Huawei Nova 6 5G at the cost of around 227,900 Naira for the model with 8GB RAM/ 128GB ROM. The 8GB RAM/256GB ROM model goes for around 251,900 Naira.
Huawei Nova 6 5G review
Here are some of the comments from people about the handset.
- Syer1n: Splendid! I really dig the back pattern & nova logo. Not so much of the dual front facing cam. Either 5t or this.
- Tasty: The red-orange colour looks really great, one of the best colours lately. The pattern however... not so great, looks a bit weird.Would look a great deal better without the pattern. I still think it's an asinine idea to place a dual camera on the front, it looks awful and has pretty much no use. At least they were smart enough to place it in the upper left corner, instead of awkwardly putting it in the upper right. Other than that, it's shaping up to be a very good phone, with no edge or waterfall display or however else you want to name it.
Huawei Nova 6 5G is an excellent smartphone that not only qualifies as a good handset for photography but that is also excellent in terms of performance. It is relatively cheaper than Nova 6 and also has a larger display and screen resolution compared to Nova 6SE.
Does Huawei Nova 6 5G meet your needs? Do you think it is the best phone to own in 2020?