- The details of the salaries and allowances of the 109 Nigerian senators in the National Assembly, Abuja, have emerged
- According to the breakdown, the basic salary of a Nigerian senator every month is N2.48 million aside allowance
- The breakdown shows that the total salary and allowance of every Nigerian senator is N29.48 million monthly
FCT, Abuja - A breakdown of the salaries and allowances of Nigerian Senators representing the 109 senatorial districts across the country has emerged.
The salaries and allowances of the senators have always been of great concern and generated massive reactions from Nigerians.
According to a post shared by @StatiSense, the total salary and allowance of a Nigerian senator is N29.48m monthly.
The breakdown shows that the basic salary is N2.48m while furniture allowance - N7.45m, accommodation - N4.97m and constituency allowance - N4.97m
PAY ATTENTION: Сheck out news that is picked exactly for YOU ➡️ find the “Recommended for you” block on the home page and enjoy!
The salaries and allowances of Nigerian Senators
Nigeria's Senators Earnings:
- Basic Salary - N2.48m
- Hardship Allowance - N1.24m
- Constituency Allowance - N4.97m
- Furniture Allowance - N7.45m
- Newspaper Allowance - N1.24m
- Wardrobe Allowance - N621K
- Recess Allowance - N248K
- Accommodation - N4.97m
- Utilities - N828K
- Nigeria's Senators Earnings:
- Entertainment - N828K
- Personal Assistant - N621K
- Vehicle Maintenance Allowance - N1.86m
- Leave Allowance - N248K
- Severance Gratuity - N1.86m
- Motor Vehicle Allowance - N9.94m
Total = N29.48m Monthly
Akpabio’s Gaffe: Report confirms how much senators shared as “holidays” allowance
In a similar story, Legit.ng reported that following the controversial 'token' comment by Senate President Godswill Akapbio, it has been confirmed that Senators received the sum of N2 million as a travelling allowance for their recess until their resumption in September.
The N2 million travelling allowance was what Senate President Akpabio was referring to when he announced the 'token' that would be paid into the account of the lawmakers at the live plenary session on Monday, August 7.
Akpabio’s Blunder: Shehu Sani Reveals How Legislators' Accounts Are Credited
Writing via his verified Twitter handle @ShehuSani, he said federal lawmakers accounts are credited under mute button.
"They are suffocating the poor": Knocks as Akpabio says senators have been sent "enjoyment allowance"
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that some Nigerians have taken to their social media to react to the comment of the Senate President, Godswill Akpabio, saying "In order for us to enjoy our holidays, a token has been sent to our various accounts by the Clark of the National Assembly.”
Akpabio stated this while addressing fellow senators at the Red Chambers on Monday, August 7.