Full List of Biden’s Delegation to Tinubu’s Inauguration Emerges
- President Joe Biden has announced a presidential Delegation that would attend the Inauguration of Nigeria's president-elect, Bola Tinubu
- Biden made the announcement in a statement on Monday, May 22, 2023, ahead of the May 29 inauguration at Eagle Square, Abuja
- The Honorable Marcia L. Fudge, Secretary of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, will lead the delegation
The United States president, Joe Biden, has named his delegation to attend the inauguration of the president-elect, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, and the vice president-elect, Kashim Shettima.
Ahead of the inauguration, Biden, in a statement released on the White House website on Monday night, May 22, announced a nine-member delegation for the event.
Members of the US presidential delegation to Nigeria
The delegation will be led by Secretary of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, Marcia L. Fudge, PM News report added.
PAY ATTENTION: Share your outstanding story with our editors! Please reach us through email@example.com!
Below are other members of the presidential delegation:
- Mr. David Greene, Chargé d’Affaires, a.i., U.S. Embassy Abuja
- The Honorable Sydney Kamlager-Dove, United States Representative (D), California
- The Honorable Marisa Lago, Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade, U.S. Department of Commerce
- General Michael E. Langley, Commander of U.S. Africa Command
- The Honorable Enoh T. Ebong, Director, U.S. Trade and Development Agency
- The Honorable Mary Catherine Phee, Assistant Secretary of State for the Bureau of African Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- The Honorable Judd Devermont, Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for African Affairs, National Security Council
- The Honorable Monde Muyangwa, Assistant Administrator for the Bureau for Africa, U.S. Agency for International Development.
Events lined up for the inauguration include a lecture titled, ‘Deepening Democracy for Integration and Development’ that will be delivered by the former president of Kenya, Uhuru Kenyatta, on May 27.
Dangote thanks Tinubu for creating Lekki Free Trade Zone
Meanwhile, Bola Tinubu, the president-elect, has been described as the "Asiwaju of Nigeria" (Nigeria's frontman) by the chairman of the Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote.
Dangote made the remarks at the inauguration and commissioning of his refinery by President Muhammadu Buhari in Lagos on Monday, May 22, which was monitored by Legit.ng on Channels Television.
The business mogul made the comment while thanking the president-elect for having the vision to create the Lekki Free Trade Zone, where the refinery is now located, when he was the governor of Lagos state.
National honours, 6 other things Buhari will do before handing over to Tinubu
Legit.ng earlier reported that President Muhammadu Buhari entered his last week as Nigerian president as he prepared to hand over to the president-elect, Bola Tinubu, next Monday, May 29.
In the last week of Buhari as Nigerian president, he will carry out numerous activities.
The activities range from the commissioning of projects to the conferment of national honours on Tinubu and the vice-president-elect, Kashim Shettima.