- After postponing and much talks, all is set for the All Progressives Congress national convention
- The highly anticipated event which is scheduled for Saturday, March 26, will hold at the Eagle Square in Abuja
- At least 169 persons have obtained nomination forms to contest for 22 positions in the National Working Committee (NWC)
Final touches are being put in place for the much-awaited national convention of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Initially slated for February 26, the leadership of Nigeria’s ruling party, announced March 26 as the new date for the exercise after a closed-door meeting.
Nineteen committees were named to oversee relevant structures of its activities for its forthcoming convention billed at the Eagle Square, Abuja.
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
1. No fewer than 169 persons obtained nomination forms to contest various positions in the APC National Working Committee (NWC).
2. The highly anticipated convention will be attended by about 4,000 delegates from the 36 states and Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
3. Seven aspirants who indicated ineterest in the national chairmanship postion have obtained and submitted their the expression of interest and nomination forms which costs of N20 million and they have been screened.
4. APC has barred political appointees from voting at its national convention in view of the controversy surrounding Section 84 (12) of the Electoral Act,2022. They are only allowed to attend the convention and serve as observers.
5. President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed his preference for a consensus arrangement and reportedly endorsed former Nasarawa Governor Senator Abdullahi Adamu.
But some APC stakeholders rejected the endorsement of Adamu as National Chairman and Nnamani as Deputy National Chairman (South) over what they described as signals to return APC to the hands of the original PDP members.
6. APC has alerted members of the public that all routes to Eagle Square, Abuja will be closed for its national convention scheduled on Saturday.
7. Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa state and chairman of the media and publicity sub-committee for the national convention released the programme of events for the convention.
Photos emerge as Tinubu visits APC's consensus national chairman ahead of convention
In a previous report by Legit.ng, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and presidential aspirant, paid a solidarity visit to Senator Abdullahi Adamu on Thursday, March 24.
Senator Abdullahi has reportedly been chosen as the APC's consensus national chairman ahead of the March 26 national convention.
Photos of the visit were posted on Twitter on Friday, March 25, by a prominent member of the APC, Akinsola Ak (@cbngov_akin1) and retweeted by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Ou's media aide, Jubril A. Gawat.