- A chopper coveying Herbert Wigwe, the CEO of Access Holdings, crashed in the United States of America (USA)
- The six people on board, which include Wigwe; his wife; son; and Abimbola Ogunbanjo, a former president of the National Council of the Nigeria Stock Exchange; are all feared dead
- Legit.ng reports that days before the fatal accident, Wigwe, a charismatic billionaire, shared messages to Nigerians on his X account on the gift of life
Legit.ng journalist Ridwan Adeola Yusuf has over 9 years of experience covering public journalism.
Wigwe, 57, his wife, and his son are believed to be among the six passengers in a helicopter that crashed in the USA on Saturday, February 10.
Herbert Wigwe: Nigerians grieve
It was gathered that the ill-fated Flight N130CZ, operated by Orbic Air LLC, took off from Palm Springs, California, in the night but was last seen near Fort Irwin/Barstow.
PAY ATTENTION: Сheck out news that is picked exactly for YOU ➡️ find the “Recommended for you” block on the home page and enjoy!
Wigwe’s Access Bank is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions.
He also encouraged kindness and gratitude, two honourable human traits.
His tweet read:
“Today and always, let us remember that life is a precious gift - a chance to breathe, feel, love, experience and connect.
"Let's honour this gift by living with purpose, kindness, and gratitude, making every moment count.
"Let us number our days."
Following the resurgence of the remarkable social media post, several X users shared their thoughts about life, death, and the deceased.
Legit.ng captures some comments below:
"Why do people always have this premonition about their death? He actually saw his death coming. Rest In Peace."
Amina Abdullahi commented:
"Life is so finite. May his soul rest in peace."
Chigozirim Aliyu Emeakayi wrote:
"Just few days ago, this man was with us. Today he is no more. I wanted to send My condolences to his family but his wife died with him. This is heartbreaking."
What to read about Herbert Wigwe:
- Herbert Wigwe: 7 Facts about Access Bank boss who reportedly died in chopper crash
- "Horrible news": Nigerians react as Herbert Wigwe, wife and son die in helicopter crash
- Access Bank buys another bank, Herbert Wigwe speaks on achievement
“Life, a precious gift”: Herbert Wigwe’s message
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that Wigwe was an inspiration to Nigerians, even in death.
On his social media accounts, he regularly updated his followers on his activities and sought to inspire and stimulate positive conversation.
PAY ATTENTION: Stay Informed and follow us on Google News!