Daniella Okeke is one of the fast-rising icons in Nollywood. She is a talented and famous actress whose contribution to the film industry cannot go unmentioned. Her roles in Lagos Cougars, Stronger than Pain, and The Boss is Mine speak volumes about her. She also doubles up as an entrepreneur, model and philanthropist.
The Nigerian entertainment industry has been surprising many with its new and upcoming talents every day. The film industry has seen the rise and growth of different individuals into great actors and actresses.
Daniella Okeke profile summary
- Full name: Daniella Okeke
- Date of birth: 26th March 1987
- Place of birth: Imo State, Nigeria
- Age: 34 years (as of 2021)
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Ethnicity: Black
- Relationship status: Single
- Profession: Actress, model, entrepreneur, philanthropist
- Net worth: $1.5 million
Daniella Okeke biography
The actress was born on 26th March 1987 in Imo State in the eastern region of Nigeria. How old is Daniella Okeke? The actress is 34 years old as of 2021.
She has not offered any information about her parents and siblings names and whereabouts. However, she has often shared photos of herself with her mum on several occasions. The actress was raised in the southern part of Delta state.
She obtained her primary and secondary school education from schools in Delta State. After high school, she enrolled at Delta State University for her undergraduate studies. She graduated with a degree in Fine and Applied Arts.
The actress joined the Nigerian film industry in 2006. She started by attending various movie rehearsals and appearing in minor roles. Less than a year later, she landed a role that brought her to the limelight in Sleek Ladies.
Over the years, she has worked with great Nollywood actors and actresses. She has featured in the same movies with Emma Ehumadu, Mercy Johnson, Junior Pope Odonwdo, Tonto Dikeh, Ramsey Noah and Molisa Chinda.
In 2013, she landed another role in the highly-acclaimed film Lagos Cougars. Her role as Joke was one of the main reasons behind the film selling so well. Her role earned Okeke nominations for the Best Actress in a Leading Role at the 10th Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA). She was also nominated at Nigeria Entertainment Awards for the same role under the same category.
The actress has made significant contributions to the film industry, as seen in the hundreds of roles she has aced over the years. She has the following movies to her credit:
- 2007 - Stronger Than Pain 1 and 2
- 2007 - Sleek Ladies 1 and 2
- 2013 - Lagos Cougars
- 2013 - I Think He Loves Me
- 2013 - Show Me, Heaven
- 2013 - Indecent Desire
- 2013 - The Evangelist
- 2014 - Sister’s Heart
- 2015 - Lost Pride Season 1 and 2
- 2016 - Telepathy (A Sister’s Heart)
- 2016 - The Oracle
- 2016 - Secrets
- 2016 - Obsessed
- 2016 - The Boss is Mine
- 2016 - Flaws
- 2017 - Long Throat
- 2017 - Tommy and Kenny
- 2017 - Sarah’s Epiphany
- 2018 - My Husband’s Diary
- 2018 - Sexy Gina
- 2018 - The Devil In Between
- 2019 - A Matter of Chance
Awards and nominations
The actress has bagged many awards, nominations and other honorary accolades as follows:
- 2014 - Best Actress in a Leading Role Nominee at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- 2014 - Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) Nominee for the Best Actress in a Leading Role
- 2015 - Nominee at the Lagos Fashion Awards for the Most Fashionable Fast Rising Actress of the Year
- 2018 - Golden Movie Awards Africa Nominee for Golden Supporting Actress (Drama)
- 2018 - Nominee at the Golden Movie Awards Africa for the Golden Actress (Drama)
- 2018 - Nominated Sarah’s Epiphany for the Overall Golden Movie at the Golden Movie Awards Africa
- 2019 - Celebrity Owned NGO of the Year at the Nigeria Women Achiever’s Award
- 2019 - Conferred with the International Honorary Goodwill Ambassadorial Award at the Nigeria Goodwill Ambassador Awards
- 2019 - Award Recipient at the African Leading Women Awards
The talented actress loves giving back to society through various acts of philanthropy. She is the founder and the chief executive officer of the Daniella Okeke Foundation. The foundation is a non-profit making charity organization aimed at helping the less privileged.
In 2017, the foundation took part in a project under the name Stay in School Project. They offered various school supplies to different primary school students in Ikorodu. As a result, the learners could remain in school and study as all their needs were fully met.
In December 2018, the actress and her foundation visited Kirikiri women's prison. The imprisoned women and their babies benefited from foodstuffs and other essential supplies. In December 2019, the Daniella Okeke Foundation gave out foodstuffs to the less privileged individuals in the Makoko community.
Apart from these projects, the foundation has taken part in different other tasks such as:
- Community projects
- Visiting the sick in the community, such as the lepers
- Sponsoring primary school inter-house sports competitions
Daniella Okeke husband and children
Is Daniella Okeke married? No, she is not. The actress is not in a relationship either. She is busy focusing on her career in the film industry, businesses and charity organization. She does not have any kids yet.
Mansion and cars
The actress has made a significant sum of money over the years, reflecting on her lavish lifestyle. This is primarily depicted in the mansion she lives in and the automobile she drives.
In 2019, she was all over the media for purchasing a high end and tastefully furnished home. Daniella Okeke mansion is located in Lekki Peninsula. She took it to social media to share her wins by giving people a sneak peek of the mansion.
Some of the automobiles she owns are:
- BMW 530E
- Lamborghini Huracan LP 580-2
- Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon 2014
- Range Rover Evoque
- Lexus SUV
The actress has had a rewarding career in the film industry. Daniella Okeke net worth is estimated to be $1.5 million as of 2021.
Daniella Okeke quotes
Here are some of the actresses' favourite quotes:
- Some people are still mad at you because you survived after throwing you under the bus, but the bus ran over their lies.
- Bold is the woman who is the heroine of her own story.
- I have learned not to stress over things I don’t have control over, what will be, will be.
- A lot of sh*t broke my heart, but it fixed my vision.
- No food for lazy man, no be for person wey em mama get restaurant!
- It’s a small world no mean say you fit trek from Naija go London.
- If you understand time and season, trust me, you will envy no one.
- Be careful who you open up to; some people will use it against you the next minute.
- If you have been afraid and stopping yourself from being who you truly are for too long, let all that self-doubt go.
Daniella Okeke has proven that she is a talented actress and an independent woman. Once her eyes are fixed on a goal, she doesn't stop until it's accomplished. She is the epitome of hard work, diligence and discipline, as seen in her career and business ventures.
Legit.ng recently published the biography of Doug Hitchner. Hitchner is an American baseball coach and former baseball player who was formerly married to NBC News' Chief White House correspondent Hallie Jackson.
Doug and his ex-wife were together for many years before their relationship hit the rocks. While there is not much information about his life after divorce, his ex now has a new man and a baby.
Source: Legit.ng News