Osas Ighodaro is a popular Nigerian-American actress, producer, host, and humanitarian. She has been in the entertainment industry for a while, thus earning a big fan base due to her excellence.
Osas is more than just a star in the film sector. She has graced numerous covers of top magazines as a beauty queen and won many Nollywood awards. She has also gained fame for taking the frontline in the fight against malaria. Her marriage to Ajibade was another factor that brought her to the limelight as well.
Osas Ighodaro profile summary
- Full name: Osariemen Martha Elizabeth Ighodaro
- Date of birth: 26th October 1990
- Place of birth: New York City, USA
- Osas Ighodaro age: 30 years (as of 2020)
- Nationality: Nigerian-American
- Ethnicity: Black
- Marital status: Married
- Spouse: Gbenro Ajibade
- Profession: Actress, former model, producer, host, humanitarian
- Net worth: $600,000
Osas was born on 26th October 1990 in New York City, USA. She is the daughter of Nigerian parents from Edo State in Nigeria. The actress has not come out to offer any information concerning the names of her parents, her upbringing and siblings, if at all she has any.
Ighodaro schooled in the United States where she attended Pennsylvania State University. She graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Broadcasting Journalism with Minors in Theater and Entrepreneurship.
Later, she enrolled at Pace University's Actors Studio Drama School, where she obtained a Master's Degree in Fine Arts.
Osas Ajibade started her career as a model while still in the United States. This happened immediately after winning the title of Miss Black Connecticut USA. In 2010, she won the new Miss Black USA.
Osas continued to live in the United States taking part in various modelling gigs. In 2012, she travelled to Nigeria with a plan of staying for six months.
On arrival to Nigeria, Osas Ighodaro Ajibade saw the numerous vi*gin opportunities in the Nollywood entertainment industry. This marked the beginning of her career as a Nollywood actress. Her debut in Nollywood was in the role of Adanna in Tinsel.
She was convinced that Nigeria would give her more lead roles in various movies and TV shows as compared to Hollywood. As a result, she opted to stay and fully-establish her acting career. She has taken part in the following:
- 2006 - Killa Season as Shinae
- 2008 - Across a Bloodied Ocean as Nafisa
- 2008 - Cadillac Records as Maid
- 2009 - The Tested as Sheena
- 2011 - Restless City as Adinike
- 2015 - The Department as Tolu
- 2015 - Where Children Play as Nia
- 2015 - Gbomo Gbomo Express as Cassandra
- 2016 - Put a Ring on It as Eki
- 2016 - Entreat as Margaret
- 2016 - A Walk in the Wind as Mary
- 2018 - New Money as Angela Nwachukwu
- 2018 - Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons as Chidinma
- 2018 - Kings of Boys as Sade Bello
- 2019 - Bling Lagosians as Demidun
- 2019 - Your Excellency as Candy
- 2020 - Ratnik as Sarah Bello
- 2020 - Mama Drama as Mena
- 2020 - Bad Comments as Hilda
- 2020 - Namaste Wahala as Preemo
- 2006 - Conviction as Girlfriend
- 2010 - Meet the Browns as Nurse Mileen
- 2012 - 12 Steps to Recovery as Jellybean
- 2013 - Parallels: The Web series as Ruth
- 2012 to 2014 - Tinsel as Adanna
- 2013 to 2015 - Maltina Dance All as Host
- 2018 - Eve (Africa Magic) as Sylvia
- 2019 - MTV Shuga as Sergeant Alice Iyanu
- 2020 - Assistant Madams as Chioma
- 2020 - Smart Money Woman TV series as Zuri
- Fela & the Kalakuta Queens
- For Coloured Girls (Nigerian adaptation)
- He Said, She Said
- How Sweet
- Platanos Y Collard Greens
- Revenge of a King
- Joe Turners Come and Gone
- Coloured Museum
Awards and nominations
In her works as a model and actress, she has bagged numerous awards. She has been nominated in some and has won others. They include:
- 2014 - ELOY Awards under the Actress of the Year - TV category (Winner)
- 2015 - ELOY Awards under the Brand Ambassador of the Year category (Winner)
- 2015 - ELOY Awards under the Actress of the Year - Film category (Winner)
- 2015 - Green October La Mode Magazine Awards under the Humanitarian Award category (Winner)
- 2016 - Nigeria Entertainment Awards under the Supporting Actress of The Year category (Winner)
- 2016 - Golden Movie Awards under the Golden Supporting Actress category (Nominee)
- 2010 - Miss Black USA Pageant (Winner)
Husband and kids
The actress was married to Gbenro Ajibade. He is a model, actor and producer popularly known for being in the daytime show Tinsel since 2008. Osas and Gbenro exchanged vows in July 2015.
Their wedding ceremony took place in the United States as witnessed by their family members, friends and fellow actors and actresses. On 21st July 2016, Osas Ighodaro and Gbenro Ajibade welcomed their firstborn daughter.
Unfortunately, Osas Ighodaro and Gbenro Ajibade marriage did not last long before marital storms began striking them, leading to divorce. The break-up led to them unfollowing each other on social media, calling each other names and eventually, divorce.
So far, none of the two has remarried even though in early 2020, Gbenro was seen flaunting with a lady in social media. However, he did not come out to state whether they were dating or not.
Osas is one of the most talented and highly sought-after actresses in Nigeria. As of 2020, her net worth is roughly $600,000.
Osas Ighodaro is currently one of the best actresses in the Nollywood entertainment industry. Osas's excellence enables her to ace all the roles given to her, thus becoming a majority's favourite. She is a great source of inspiration to all the upcoming entertainers who hope to be like her one day.
READ ALSO: Joeboy biography: Age, real name, girlfriend, album, latest song
Legit.ng covered the biography of Joeboy, who is a fast-rising Nigerian musician. His real name is Joseph Akinwale Akinfenwa, and he is from the Yoruba tribe. The 23-year-old was born in Lagos State, Nigeria.
The Baby hitmaker is reportedly in a relationship with a lady whose identity is yet to be established. As of 2020, his net worth is estimated to be $800,000. His music continues to inspire many music enthusiasts around the continent.