- The national leadership of the APC has dissolved the Ebonyi state executive committee
- A caretaker committee was subsequently appointed to take over the leadership of the party in the southeast state
- The party explained that the executive committee was dissolved as all the factions in the state refused to withdraw their court cases as directed
The national caretaker committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has dissolved the party's working committee in Ebonyi state.
A statement released on Wednesday, November 18, by the deputy national publicity secretary of the APC, Yekini Nabena, indicates that the party took the action following the refusal of factions to withdraw court cases.
Legit.ng gathers that the APC's National Executive Committee (NEC) had directed all the factions in the state to withdraw their court cases and submit to internal party resolution mechanisms.
Caretaker committee appointed to take over
Meanwhile, Nabena said a 15-member caretaker committee has subsequently been appointed by the APC to manage the party's affairs.
The Ebonyi APC caretaker committee includes the following:
1. Stanley Okoro – Chairman
2. John Nwankata – Vice Chairman (North)
3. Peter Nworie Ndubuisi – Vice Chairman (Central)
4. Ozoemena Njoku – Vice Chairman (South)
5. Charles Ofoke – Secretary
6. Engr. Ogbonnaya Igboke – Organising Secretary
7. Chidi Ogbuatu – Publicity Secretary
8. Barr. Ikaa, Ikaa Ukeni – Legal Adviser
9. Chief Paulinus Ali (Zomo) – Treasurer
10. Chief Joseph Ozibo – Financial Secretary
11. Ogochukwu David Elem – Youth Leader
12. Odo Oluchi Juliet – Women Leader
13. Ogbonna David Nshii – Auditor
14. Adum Uchenna Basil –Physically Challenged
15. Francis Obike Nweze – Welfare Secretary
The party urged its supporters, members and leaders in Ebonyi state and other chapters to support and work towards the achievement of peace and reconciliation.
Meanwhile, Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi state has defected to the APC. He said he moved to the ruling party because of injustice the southeast region suffered in the hands of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
In another related development, the PDP has constituted a state caretaker committee to pilot the affairs of the party in Ebonyi state in line with the provisions of its constitution.
This follows the dissolution of the Ebonyi state exco by the party after Governor Umahi defected to the APC.
Honourable Fred Udeogu will serve as the committee chairman, while Barrister Luke Nwkwegu will serve as secretary.
‘Nigerians have comprehensively rejected PDP’ | Legit TV