Matt Bennett biography: Age, movies and TV shows, is he gay?
Matthew Hank Bennett, commonly known by his stage name Matt Bennett, is a sensational American-born actor, singer, and writer. He became a household name after his role as Robbie Shapiro in the Nickelodeon sitcom known as Victorious.
Matt made his television debut in 2009 with the role of Jamie in the TV short Totally for Teens. In 2011, he was nominated for a Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Award (UK) in the category of Nick UK's Funniest Person.
Matt Bennett profile summary
- Full name: Matthew Hank Bennett
- Date of birth: November 13, 1991
- Place of birth: Massapequa, New York, United States
- Matt Bennett age: 29 years (as of 2020)
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: White
- Height: 5 feet 10 inches
- Profession: Actor, singer, writer
- Net worth: $1 million
Matt Bennett was born on November 13, 1991, in Massapequa, New York, USA. He grew up in Long Island, New York alongside his sister, Ally Bennett. His parents divorced when he was still young.
He studied at Massapequa High school and graduated in 2008. While in high school, he did not consider building his career as an actor since he wanted to become an inventor. He was an excellent performer who scored high grades throughout his high school studies.
The actor, popularly known as Robbie from Victorious, began his career by featuring in commercials, thus triggering his interest in the entertainment industry.
He joined the Way Off Broadway company located in Long Island. Matt also joined an American improvisational theatre and training centre known as the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater (UCB).
Eventually, he relocated to Los Angeles, California and started getting more offers for commercial voice acting. One of his first roles was as Jamie in the 2009 TV short Totally for Teens.
Matt has taken part in many other numerous other films, TV shows, and web series.
Matt Bennett movies and TV shows include:
- 2010 - The Vi*ginity Hit as Matt
- 2010 - Text Me as Noah
- 2011 - Bridesmaids as Helen’s stepson
- 2015 - Me and Earl and the Dying Girl as Scott Mayhew
- 2015 - The Stanford Prison Experiment as Kyle Parker
- 2015 - Manson Family Vacation as Buddy Holly
- 2009 - Totally for Teens as Jamie
- 2010 - 2013 - Michael And Michael Have Issues as Greg the Intern
- 2012 - 2013 - Victorious as Robbie Shapiro
- 2012 - 2013 - Figure It Out as Panelist
- 2012 - iCarly as Robbie Shapiro
- 2013;2014 - Sam and Cat as Robbie Shapiro
- 2015 - The Big Bang Theory as Josh Wolowitz
- 2015 - Shameless as Willey
- 2015 - Game Shakers as Himself
- 2016 - Fresh Off The Boat as Corey
- 2018 - Grey’s Anatomy as Steve
- 2018 - American Vandal as Gavin Landers
- 2015 - Everybody Wants to Be Poppy as Pho (voice)
- 2015 - Wrestling Isn't Wrestling as John Cena Fan
Career in music
Matt began his music career as a way of dealing with the dissolution of his parents' union. The actor opted to channel the negative experience into something positive. This led to the creation of his debut album, Terminal Cases.
On June 23 2013, he featured as one of the participants in the famous YouTube video The Slap. He was the love interest of renowned artist Ariana Grande (Ariana Grande and Matt Bennett are close friends and they co-starred in Victorious)
- 2015 - One Last time
- 2015 - Lowlife
- 2018 - Thank U, Next
- Terminal Cases released on June 19 2016
- Warn Fuzzies released on May 20 2012
- Previously on Matt Bennett released on December 28 2017
- 2016 - Fisher King
- 2011 - Broken Glass
- 2012 - I Think You're Swell
Is Matt Bennett gay?
On April 16 2011, the actor featured in a video, We Are Straight But Not Narrow, by Straight But Not Narrow, a group that encourages individuals to be themselves whether they are le*bians, straight, gay, bis*xual, transgender or qu*er.
In the clip, the Robbie Victorious actor expressed his unwavering support for the LGBTQ community, saying that they are like everyone else and so they should be treated equally.
Although people may think that he is gay because of this video, the actor has not spoken about his s*xuality.
Matt Bennett net worth
Matt has made quite a fortune since he was a teenager when he featured in various commercials. He has also made money in acting and singing. His net worth is estimated at $1 million as of 2020.
Matt Bennett is a sensational actor and singer. He is a huge source of inspiration to both new and well-established entertainers.
READ ALSO: Michael Gambon bio: age, height, net worth, movies and TV shows
Legit.ng recently put together an informative article about Michael Gambon, who is an Irish-British actor. The 80-year-old has been in the film industry for five decades. The father of three was born in Dublin, Ireland and brought up in London.
He has featured in several movies such as the Harry Potter film series, The Singing Detective, and King of Thieves. The legendary actor has accumulated a substantial amount of wealth.