Jesse Plemons is an American actor and comedian. The celebrity is famous for his roles in movies and TV shows like The Irishman, Gamenight, Battleship, Drunk History, and many others.
Many people who see Jesse Plemons for the first time mistake him for Matt Damon, and rightfully so, as the two actors have a striking resemblance. Are they related? I guess you’ll just have to read this article to the end in order to find out.
- Full name: Jesse Lon Plemons
- Nicknames: Meth Damon, Lon
- Date of birth: 2nd April 1988
- Birthplace: Dallas, Texas, United States of America
- Zodiac sign: Aries
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: White
- Ancestry: Mixed
- Height: 5 feet 10 inches (1.78 metres or 178 centimetres)
- Weight: 70 kilograms (190 lbs)
- Eye colour: Brown
- Hair colour: Blonde
- Occupation: Actor, comedian
- Net worth: $8 million
Early life and family
Jesse Lon Plemons was born on 2nd April in 1988 to Jim Bob Plemons and Lisa Beth (nee Cason). The actor was born in Dallas, Texas, as the second child of his parents. His elder sister goes by the name Jill.
At the moment, Jesse Plemons age is 32 years. The actor is of mixed ancestry, that is, English, Scottish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, and Swiss German.
Jesse grew up partly in Mart, Texas, and partly in Los Angeles due to his budding career as a young entertainer.
For his education, he went to Mart High School. Jesse earned his G.E.D when he was 16 years old. He graduated three years later, in 2007, through a long-distance learning program offered by the Texas Technical University Independent School District.
The actor also took acting classes from the Dallas Young Actors Studio in Dallas, Texas.
Jesse Plemons height and weight
The actor stands at a height of 5 feet 10 inches, which translates to 1.78 metres or 178 centimetres. His weight is 70 kilograms, which is equivalent to 190 lbs.
Jesse’s first role was for a Coca-Cola advertisement. He was barely four years old at the time. While he was young, his mother took him to auditions, and this is what led to the actor landing roles.
Jesse’s career officially began when he was ten years old, starring in Finding North. His TV debut was in 2000 in an episode of Walker, Texas Ranger titled The General's Return. He played Russel Jr. in this episode.
Since then, he has appeared in more than 50 movies and TV shows.
Jesse Plemons movies and TV shows
Here is a list of all the Jesse Plemons movies, TV shows, and the roles he played in each of them:
- The Power of the Dog (filming, to be released in 2021) - George Burbank
- Jungle Cruise (post-production)
- Antlers (completed) - Paul Meadows
- Untitled Fred Hampton Project (completed) - Roy Mitchell
- I'm Thinking of Ending Things (completed, 2020) - Jake
- Snow Globe: A Breaking Bad Short (2020) - Todd
- El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (2019) - Todd
- The Irishman (2019) - Chuckie O'Brien
- Vice (2018) - Kurt
- Drunk History (2014-2018) - William Kenward / Charles Ponzi / Edgar Allan Poe
- Game Night (2018) - Gary
- No Activity (2017) - Angus
- Black Mirror (2017) - Robert Daly
- The Post (2017) - Roger Clark
- Hostiles (2017) - Lt. Rudy Kidder
- American Made (2017) - Sheriff Downing
- The Discovery (2017) - Toby
- Other People (2016) - David
- Fargo (2015) - Ed Blumquist
- Bridge of Spies (2015) - Joe Murphy
- The Program (2015) - Floyd Landis
- Black Mass (2015) - Kevin Weeks
- Olive Kitteridge (2014) - Jerry McCarthy
- The Homesman (2014) - Garn Sours
- Flutter (2014) - David
- Parenthood: Friday Night at the Luncheonette (2014) - Landry Clarke
- The Missionary (2013) - Sherwood Elbridge
- Breaking Bad (2012-2013) - Todd
- Dalai Lama (2013) - Jeff
- The Master (2012) - Val Dodd
- Bent (2012) - Gary
- Battleship (2012) - Boatswain Mate Seaman Jimmy 'Ordy' Ord
- Childrens Hospital (2011) - Jesse
- Meeting Spencer (2011) - Spencer West
- Friday Night Lights (2006-2011) - Landry Clarke
- Paul (2011) - Jake
- Happiness Runs (2010) - Chad
- Cold Case (2009) - Ryan Stewart
- Observe and Report (2009) - Charles
- Shrink (2009) - Jesus
- Fear Itself (2008) - Lemmon
- Sky Kids (2008) - Bully #1
- Grey's Anatomy (2006) - Jake Burton
- NCIS (2006) - Jason Geckler
- Huff (2004) - Dawson James
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2004) - Owen Durbin
- Expert Witness (2003)
- When Zachary Beaver Came to Town (2003) - Jay, the Trailer Bully
- The Lyon's Den (2003) - Ray Ferris
- The Failures (2003) - Boe
- Judging Amy (2003) - James Franklin
- Children on Their Birthdays (2002) - Preacher Star
- Like Mike (2002) - Ox
- The Guardian (2001) - Lawrence Neal
- Sabrina the Teenage Witch (2001) - Bigger Kid
- All the Pretty Horses (2000) - Young Grady
- Walker, Texas Ranger (2000) - Russell, Jr.
- Varsity Blues (1999) - Tommy Harbor
- Finding North (1998) - Hobo
Appearance as himself
Jesse has appeared in these productions as himself:
- The Road to El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (2019)
- CBS This Morning (2019)
- GMA3: Strahan, Sara & Keke (2019)
- Late Night with Seth Meyers (2015-2019)
- Battleship: Battle Stations (2012)
- The 70th Primetime Emmy Awards (2018)
- The IMDb Show (2018)
- Battleship: The Real Navy (2012)
- The Post: Stop the Presses - Filming the Post (2018)
- Made in Hollywood (2015-2018)
- Entertainment Tonight Canada (2018)
- Celebrity Page (2017)
- Battleship: Commander Pete (2012)
- The 68th Primetime Emmy Awards (2016)
- All Hands on Deck: The Cast of 'Battleship' (2012)
- Battleship: Preparing for Battle (2012)
- Reel Comedy (2009)
Jesse Plemons awards
The actor has won 4 awards and has received 20 nominations to date.
According to Jesse Plemons - IMDb awards page, the awards he has won so far include
- In 2016, he won a Critics' Choice TV Award under the Best Supporting Actor in a Movie Made for Television or Limited Series category for his role in Fargo (2014).
- In 2013, Jesse won an IGN Award under the Best TV Villain category for his role in Breaking Bad (2008).
- He won a Screen Actors Guild Award in 2014 under the Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series category for his role in Breaking Bad (2008). The award was shared with Michael Bowen, Betsy Brandt, Bryan Cranston, Lavell Crawford, Tait Fletcher, Laura Fraser, Anna Gunn, Matthew T. Metzler, RJ Mitte, Dean Norris, Bob Odenkirk, Aaron Paul, Steven Michael Quezada, Kevin Rankin, and Patrick Sane.
- Jesse won the Texas Film Hall of Fame Rising Star Award in 2016.
Apart from these wins, the actor has also been nominated for various prestigious awards listed below.
Primetime Emmy Awards
- In 2018, he was nominated for a Primetime Emmy award under the Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie category for his role in Black Mirror (2011).
- In 2016, he was nominated for an award under the Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or a Movie category for his role in Fargo (2014).
Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films, USA
- In 2018, Jesse was nominated for a Saturn Award under the Best Guest Performance in a Television Series category for his role in Black Mirror (2011).
Detroit Film Critics Society Awards
- In 2018, he was nominated for a DFCS Award under the Best Supporting Actor category for his character in Game Night (2018).
Film Independent Spirit Awards
- He was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award in 2017 under the Best Male Lead category for his role in Other People.
Young Artist Awards
- In 2007, Jesse received a Young Artist Award nomination under the Best Performance in a TV Series (Comedy or Drama) - Supporting Young Actor category for his role in Friday Night Lights (2006).
- In 2002, he was nominated for the Best Performance in a TV Drama Series - Guest Starring Young Actor award for his role in The Guardian (2001).
Screen Actors Guild Awards
- Together with other cast members of Breaking Bad, Jesse received an Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series award nomination in 2013.
San Diego Film Critics Society Awards
- In 2018, he was nominated for an SDFCS Award under the Best Comedic Performance category for his role in Game Night (2018).
Online Film & Television Association
- The actor received the Best Actor in a Motion Picture or Limited Series award nomination in 2018 for his role in Black Mirror (2011).
- In 2016, he received the Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture or Limited Series award nomination for his portrayal of Ed in Fargo.
Milano International Film Festival Awards (MIFF Awards)
- He received the Best Supporting Actor award nomination in 2012 for his role in Meeting Spencer (2011).
IGN Summer Movie Awards
- In 2018, he was nominated for the Best Supporting Performer in a Movie award for his role in Game Night (2018).
Gold Derby Awards
- Together with other cast members of The Irishman, Jesse received an Ensemble Cast award nomination in 2020.
- In 2019, he was nominated for the TV Movie/Mini Supporting Actor of the Decade award for his role in Fargo (2014).
- Jesse received a Movie/Limited Series Actor award nomination in 2018 for his role in Black Mirror (2011).
- In 2007 and 2010, Jesse and other cast members of Friday Night Lights received an Ensemble of the Year award nomination.
How much is Jesse Plemons worth?
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Jesse Plemons net worth is $8 million.
Love life: Who is Jesse Plemons married to?
Currently, Jesse is not yet married; hence there is no woman who holds the ‘Jesse Plemons wife’ title. However, the actor is not a single man either. Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons have been an item since 2016.
Jesse Plemons and Kirsten Dunst met in 2015 while filming the second season of the FX show Fargo. They co-starred in the series, playing high school sweethearts Peggy and Ed.
In 2016, Kirsten and her then-long-time boyfriend Garrett Hedlund broke up. Two months later, Kirsten was spotted kissing Jesse.
Jesse Plemons engaged
The Kirsten Dunst Jesse Plemons relationship blossomed further, and in January 2017, they got engaged. The engagement was confirmed in the summer of 2017.
While a Jesse Plemons Kirsten Dunst wedding has not yet occurred, in August 2019, Kirsten told Us that they plan to wed eventually in a small ceremony at home.
Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons baby
The two have one child, a son named Ennis Howard Plemons. Ennis was born on 3rd May in 2018.
Are Jesse Plemons and Matt Damon related?
Although Jesse Plemons looks like Matt Damon, the two actors are not related.
Jesse Plemons quotes
- I sing a little bit. I got a guitar for my 16th birthday.
- I grew up half the time in a small town called Mart, Texas, and half the time in L.A., because I was acting. My high school was crazy about football.
- I don't really listen to the radio too much. I know that one song, "Hotline Bling."
- I get a little freaked out when I'm around too many redheads. I only have about one or two red-haired friends, and when a bunch of us get together, I feel like there's going to be a fight that breaks out or something.
- 'Friday Night Lights' was kind of like my college years because I did four seasons of that. It was my first series. It was the most time I had with one character, and kind of growing and evolving with the character over that long of a span of time, it just allows you to sort of learn in a completely different way that I had never experienced.
- I love playing guitar. I grew up with my dad playing. But acting is definitely the forefront, I guess I'd say, in terms of career and something that I really enjoy and feel lucky to be able to do
- I'm open to all religions. Respecting Scientology is just like respecting any other religious view.
- My focus is to grow, have fun, and work with people who inspire me, like Philip Seymour Hoffman.
- I'm going to try to keep believing that if you do good work, people will keep calling. Whenever that fails, I'll just start going nuts on Twitter
- I deleted my Facebook account when I was 19 because it didn't bring out good qualities in me. I figured, 'Well my mom's got a Facebook. If people want to find me, they can go through her.'
- I think it would be fun to walk around in Bill Murray's mind for a while.
- Right after 'Friday Night Lights' ended, I was in sort of an existential crisis.
- I don't think I'm a slacker, but I don't have aspirations to, like, conquer Hollywood. Or the world. Or anything.
- Awards shows... I just feel like a fish out of water at those things.
- I don't feel competitive toward other actors. I'm competitive with myself.
- Every role I take on, I try and bring my best and to be as honest as possible. I try not to repeat things I've done in the past. Which gets harder and harder.
- It would drive me crazy if I picked roles with the goal of being a leading man. You never know what you're getting into when you sign onto a project, and more times than not, the characters that are close to the leading man are more interesting and more fun to play.
- I was 3 and a half, and there was an open call for a Coca-Cola commercial. We were living around Dallas, and my mom took me. I think they were calling for 16-year-olds that could ride horses and swing a rope, and for whatever reason, my mom took me up there when I was 3. But I always had a rope, and I was a little cowboy at that age.
- It seems to work out that following anything you do, you are pretty much approached with versions of the last thing people saw you in.
- The reason you want to act is to continue to explore every different part of the human psyche.
Jesse Plemons is a man worth his salt. He is an iconic actor, a phenomenal entertainer, and quite a heartthrob if you ask me, don’t you think?