Paula Prentis is an American actress famous for her roles in the movies What’s New Pussycat and Where the Boys Are. Besides being an actress, she is also a mother of two and a wife to the actor Richard Benjamin.
The celebrity is a well-known actress who started acting in the 1960s. Here are all the details about her life.
- Full name: Paula Prentiss
- Date of birth: March 4, 1938
- Place of birth: San Antonio, Texas
- Paula Prentiss age: 82 years (as of 2020)
- Marital status: Married
- Spouse: Richard Benjamin
- Siblings: Ann
- Height: 5 feet 9 inches
- Occupation: Actress
Paula Prentiss biography
How old is Paula Prentiss? She was born on March 4, 1938, in San Antonio, Texas making her 82 years old as of 2020. Her parents are Thomas Ragusa and Paulene.
Thomas was of Sicilian descent and worked as a social sciences professor at the San Antonio's University of the Incarnate Word. Paula Prentiss sister, Ann Elizabeth Ragusa, passed away on January 12, 2010.
Paula schooled at Lamar High School. She later enrolled at Northwestern University to study Drama, and this is where she met her husband, Richard Benjamin.
While still at the Northwestern University, actress Paula Prentiss met Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, who offered her the first acting contract.
Paula Prentiss today is not only a renowned actress but has also been involved in different community outreach programs for the less fortunate.
Paula Prentiss movies
The following are some of the movies the actress has featured in:
- 1960: Where the Boys Are as Tuggle Carpenter
- 1961: The Honeymoon Machine as Pam Dunstan
- 1961: Bachelor in Paradise as Linda Delavane
- 1962: The Horizontal Lieutenant as Lt. Molly Blue
- 1963: Follow the Boys as Toni Denham
- 1964: Man's Favorite Sport? as Abigail Page
- 1964: The World of Henry Orient as Stella Dunnworthy
- 1964: Looking for Love as Paula Prentiss
- 1965: In Harm's Way as Beverly McConnell
- 1965: What's New Pussycat? As Liz Bien
- 1970: Catch-22 as Nurse Duckett
- 1970: Move as Dolly Jaffe
- 1971: Born to Win as Veronica
- 1972: Last of the Red Hot Lovers as Bobbi Michele
- 1974: Crazy Joe as Anne
- 1974: The Parallax View as Lee Carter
- 1975: The Stepford Wives as Bobbie Markowe
- 1980: The Black Marble Sgt. As Natalie Zimmerman
- 1981: Saturday the 14th as Mary Hyatt
- 1981: Buddy Buddy as Celia Clooney
- 1996: Mrs Winterbourne as Nurse Allmeyer
- 2007: Hard Four as Sweet Cherrie
- 2016: I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House
Husband and children
Richard Benjamin and Paula Prentiss met while still in college. They got married in 1961 and have been together ever since. The couple was blessed with two children, namely Ross and Prentiss.
Apart from marriage, Paula Prentiss and Richard Benjamin also co-starred in different TV shows, including casting in the sitcom He & She.
Paula Prentiss height is 5 feet and 9 inches tall, and she weighs 64 kg. Her other body measurements are 33-23-33 inches for her bust, waist and hips respectively. Paula Prentiss hot actress wears bra size 38B (US) and shoe size 8.5 (US).
Paula Prentiss net worth
Being in the showbiz for over 50 years means more prominence and more income. The actress has a net worth of $8 million as of 2020.
Paula Prentiss is a proud actress and mother whose journey has been characterized by both good and bad times. One of the best times was when she married the love of her life, and one of her lowest moments was when she lost her sister in 2010. Her determination to succeed saw her grow into the legend that she is today.
Sarah recently won the Delaware Senate seat during the November 2020 general election, making her the first transgender state senator in U.S. history. She is a phenomenal woman whose success has made great strides for members of the LGBTQ+ community.