Ryan Hurst bio: age, height, wife, net worth, movies and TV shows
One artist that has remained a fan favourite in many movies is Ryan Hurst. He was raised in Santa Monica by his father, who is also an actor, and mom, who is an acting coach. This explains why he started acting at a young age and has stayed relevant in the movie business.
Ryan Hurst is a famous American movie star. He was in the comedy thriller The Ladykillers together with Hollywood actor Tom Hanks. The California-born actor had first risen to prominence in Disney’s Remember the Titans.
In the movie, he featured as line-backer Gerry Bertier. Hurst is also famous for his appearance on FX’s Sons of Anarchy as Harry ‘Opie’ Winston.
Ryan Hurst profile summary
- Full name: Ryan Douglas Hurst
- Birthdate: 19th of June, 1976
- Birthplace: Santa Monica
- Profession: Actor
- Age: 43 years old
- Marital status: Married
- Height: 6 feet 5 inches
- Weight: 88 kilograms
- Ethnicity: White
- Nationality: American
- Horoscope: Gemini
- Net worth: 4 million USD
Ryan Hurst biography
Ryan Douglas Hurst was born in 1976 on the 19th of June. His mother, Candace Kaniecki, was an acting coach while his dad, Rick Hurst, was an actor. His dad is famous for his role as Dep. Cletus Hogg in the TV series The Dukes of Hazzard.
Hurst completed high school education in Santa Monica, CA, where he was born. The movie star started his acting career in 1993 when he featured in NBC’s Saved By The Bell. Since that time, he has appeared on several movies and TV shows.
In 1998, he won a Los Angeles Theatre Backstage West Garland Award for the Best Performance in a Comedy. The award was for a theatre production known as The Last Night of Ballyhoo. Today, Ryan Hurst is married to Molly Cookson.
How old is Ryan Hurst?
Ryan Hurst age is 43 years. In June 2020, he will be celebrating his 44th birthday.
Hurst’s body measurements
Ryan Hurst height and his funny hairstyles are two distinct features of his physical appearance. So, how tall is Ryan Hurst? He is 193 centimetres tall, which is approximately equivalent to 6 feet 5 inches. His bodyweight is given at 88 kilograms.
Ryan Hurst’s career
Hurst grew up in a Hollywood family, which was behind his quick entry into the movie business. He started with a regular appearance in the NBC teenage TV drama series Saved by the Bell: The New Class.
Then, he played the role of Mandelsohn in Saving Private Ryan, an epic battle drama film produced in 1998. In the movie, he played a paratrooper with partial hearing loss.
The movie also featured Tom Hanks, who played Captain Miller, the character that was forced to write questions to Mandelsohn on paper.
Moreover, he featured in the 2002 war movie We Were Soldiers as Sergeant Ernie Savage. In 2004, he played the football player Lump Hudson in the dark comedy mystery movie The Ladykillers. A year after, he appeared in the TNT police drama program Wanted.
Between 2005 and 2007, Hurst’s fame increased when he played the character of Michael Benoit in Medium, an NBC drama series. The actor played the recurring role for two years before his breakthrough role came in 2008.
When Ryan Hurst came in as Opie Winston in the first season of Sons of Anarchy, he was a regular cast member. As the FX crime drama series progressed, he went from being the leading cast member to a fan favourite.
Why did Ryan Hurst leave Sons of Anarchy?
The actor left the series after the showrunners decided it was time to kill a major character. Hurst left the biker drama after his character was beaten to death in an attempt to sacrifice his life to save his friend.
While commenting on the reason behind the decision, creator Kurt Sutter said:
This is really the first season I’ve had to think about the end game, and knowing where I want to take my hero, and knowing how I wanted to get there, the road I wanted to travel, Jax needed that emotional upheaval – that one event that happens in a man’s life that can change the course of his destiny
Being one of the best Ryan Hurst TV shows, Sons of Anarchy earned the actor a Satellite Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television in 2011. Ryan also voiced a character in the animated movie Rango.
Afterwards, he appeared in Outsiders, a 2016 TV series that also featured his wife. The American actor is currently playing the role of Beta in AMC’s series The Walking Dead.
TV shows and movies
The list of Ryan Hurst movies and TV shows includes the following:
- The Mysterious Benedict Society (2020): He is set to play the role of Milligan in the TV series
- Paradise City: In the TV series, Hurst plays the character of Oliver Ostergaard
- The Walking Dead (2019-2020): He acts as Beta in the series
- S.W.A.T. (2020): He plays the role of Terry Luca
- Bosch (2019): He featured as Hector Bonner in the series
- A Million Little Pieces (2018): He was Hank in the movie
- Outsiders (2016-2017): He featured as Li'l Foster Farrell
- Bates Motel (2015-2017): He played the role of Chick Hogan in the series
- Axe Cop (2015): He played the character of Chupacabra
- CBGB (2013): He was given the role of Mad Mountain
- King & Maxwell (2013): He played the role of Edgar Roy
- Sons of Anarchy (2008-2012): He was given the role of Harry 'Opie' Winston
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2011): He featured as Doug Loveless
- Rango (2011): He played the role of Jedidiah (voice) in the animated movie
- Chasing the Green (2009): He featured as Ross Franklin
- Noble Things (2008): Hurst was Kyle Collins in the movie
- Heartland (2007): He was given the role of Mark Evans
- Medium (2005-2007): He featured as Michael Benoit
- Raines (2007): He was Marco in the series
- CSI: Miami (2006): He featured in the series as Detective Michael Lloyd
- Everwood (2006): He played the role of Ed Carnahan
- Wanted (2005): He featured in the movie as ATF Field Agent Jimmy McGloin
- House (2005): He was Sam McGinley in the series
- Dr. Vegas (2004): He featured as Steve
- The Ladykillers (2004): He played the role of Lump Hudson
- Taken (2002): He played the character Tom Clarke - Adult in the TV mini-series
- John Doe (2002): He was Elvis Braithwaite in the TV series
- Touched by an Angel (2002): He was given the role of Doug Jackson
- Lone Star State of Mind (2002): In the movie, he played the role of Tinker
- We Were Soldiers (2002): He played the part of Sgt. Ernie Savage
- Venus and Mars (2001): He featured as Roberto in the movie
- Perfect Lover (2001): He was given the role of Guy
- Remember the Titans (2000): He was Gerry Bertier in the movie
- Rules of Engagement (2000): He was Corporal Hustings
- L.A. Doctors (1999): He featured in the series as Kevin Raives
- Patch Adams (1998): He was Neil in the movie
- Saving Private Ryan (1998): He starred in the movie as Paratrooper Michaelson
- The Postman (1997): He was Eddie March in the movie
- Wings (1996): He was given the role of Barry
- Boston Common (1996): He played the role of Nikolai in the series
- Campus Cops (1995-1996): Hurst was Wayne Simko in the series
- JAG (1995): He was the character Dirk Grover
- Beverly Hills, 90210 (1994): He was given a role as a student actor
- Saved by the Bell: The New Class (1993): He featured in the series as Crunch Grabowski
Who did Ryan Hurst marry?
Ryan is happily married to actress Molly Cookson. Interestingly, the couple has been together since 1994. They tied the knot on the 8th of May, 2005, in a private wedding ceremony.
Ryan Hurst wife, who also completed high school education at Santa Monica, is an actress and production manager. Since she was a child, the actress has had a passion for acting. Consequently, she enrolled at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
Later on, she studied and graduated from Loyola Marymount University. In 2009, Cookson made her first appearance on-screen in the movie Chasing the Green, where she played a minor role as Golf Pro Shop Cashier.
After then, she starred in the 2011 independent film Shouting Secrets as Annie before guest-starring in two episodes of Outsiders in 2017.
The couple owns a house in California, which they acquired in April 2013. The house is a 3,400 square-foot property in Woodland Hills, and it was worth $1.71 million.
The home has 5 bedrooms, 4 baths, wood floors, vaulted ceilings, built-in BBQ, and a pool.
How much is Ryan Hurst worth?
Actor Ryan Hurst net worth is estimated at $4 million. Most of his income has been earned from his acting roles. He is also an entrepreneur; Hurst co-owns Fast Shoes, a productions company, with his wife.
His journey to stardom may seem easy, but his hard work and commitment have made Ryan Hurst consistent. His fans hope that he will be seen in more prominent roles in the future.