In life, everyone faces their fair share of struggles, and Daryl Mitchell is no exception. The talented actor rose to fame in the 1980s, and he has starred in different television shows and movies since then. However, a catastrophic accident changed his life forever, but it did not stop him from pursuing worthwhile projects and campaigns. How did Daryl Mitchell end up in a wheelchair? Where is he now?
Daryl Mitchell is a renowned actor who has starred in Galaxy Quest, The John Larroquette Show, Veronica's Closet, Ed, NCIS: New Orleans, among other films and shows. In recent years, he has become less active in the entertainment industry than he previously was.
Is Daryl Chill Mitchell really in a wheelchair? It is indeed true that the actor uses a wheelchair following a grisly road accident that he suffered over 18 years ago.
- Full name: Daryl Maurice Mitchell
- Nickname: Chill
- Date of birth: 16th of July 1965
- Place of birth: The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Current residence: Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States of America
- Age: 55 years
- Zodiac sign: Cancer
- Ethnicity: African-American
- Nationality: American
- Hair color: Black
- Eye color: Dark brown
- Spouse: Carol
- Sons: Desmin and Justin Mitchell
- Daughter: Kamari Mitchell
- Profession: Actor
Daryl Mitchell's early life and family background
Daryl Chill Mitchell is an American citizen who was born on the 16th of July 1965. Currently, Chill Mitchell age is 54 years, and his Zodiac sign is Cancer.
The actor was born in The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States, but he was raised in Wyandanch. His father was a bus driver while his mother worked as a secretary.
The actor is the second child in a family of 13 kids. Out of all of them, four are his full siblings, while eight are half-siblings from his father's relationships.
The actor has black hair and dark brown eyes.
Daryl Mitchell IMDb profile indicates that the actor started his career in the hip hop group, Groove B. Chill, in the 1980s. He then became an actor who has starred in many television shows and movies.
All the Daryl Mitchell movies and TV shows that have aired so far prove that he is a talented actor who offers his best effort in each of the roles he portrays.
The actor has featured in these television series;
- The Cosby Show (1985-1991): He was the old head guy in the club in the episodes dubbed Clair's Case and Warning: A Double-Lit Candle Can Cause a Meltdown.
- Law and Order (1992): He portrayed the character of Reginald Beggs in the episode titled The Fertile Fields.
- Here and Now (1992): He acted as T in 15 episodes of the show.
- Alex Haley's Queen (1993): He featured in this miniseries as Abner.
- The John Larroquette Show (1993-1996): He had a leading role in the show as Dexter Walker. He appeared in 84 episodes in total.
- Cosmic Slop (1994): He was one of the cast members in this television movie.
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1994): He featured in the episode The Philadelphia Story as Chill.
- Rebound: The Legend of Earl "The Goat" Manigault (1996): In this television movie, he starred as Dean Memminger.
- In the House (1996): He acted as a militant guy in one episode.
- Cosby (1997): He portrayed the character of Mike in one episode.
- Veronica's Closet (1997- 2000): He acted as Leo Michaels in 64 episodes of the show.
- Slacker Cats (2001): He was the voice of Eddie in the pilot episode.
- Ed (2002-2004): He acted as Eli Goggins III in 39 episodes of the television series.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2004): He acted as the player in a wheelchair in the episode, Mad Hops.
- Eve (2005): He acted as Damien in the episode titled Wheels and Deals.
- The Suite Life of Zack & Cody (2007): He featured in the episode titled Back in the Game as Daryl.
- The Game (2007): He portrayed the character of Chris Clements in two episodes whose titles were The Truth Hurts and Media Blitz.
- Brothers (2009): He acted as Chill Trainor in this show that was cancelled after 13 episodes only.
- Desperate Housewives (2010): In the episode dubbed The Glamorous Life, he acted as Ron.
- Wizards of Waverly Place(2010): He was scientist 1 in the episode, Wizards Exposed.
- Traffic Light (2011): In the episode titled Help Wanted, he acted as Liam.
- The Cleveland Show (2012): He voiced the character of Maurice in one episode of the show.
- NCIS: New Orleans (2014 to date): He plays the leading role of Patton Plame, who is a computer specialist.
- Fear the Walking Dead (2018 to date): He first appeared in season four of the show. He plays the role of Wendell, who is a recurring character.
- Talking Dead (2018-2019): He appeared in two episodes as himself.
In his acting career, Chill has starred in the following movies;
- House Party (1990): He acted as Chill.
- House Party 2 (1991): He reprised his role as Chill in this movie.
- Boomerang (1992): He acted as a street photographer.
- Fly by Night (1993): He acted as Kayam.
- White Lies (1996): He acted as Mark.
- Sgt. Bilko (1996): He portrayed the role of Pfc. Walter T. Holbrook.
- A Thin Line Between Love and Hate (1996): He portrayed the character of Earl.
- Quiet Days in Hollywood (1997): He acted as Angel.
- Home Fries (1998): He portrayed the character of Roy in this film.
- 10 Things I Hate About You (1999): He acted as Mr. Morgan.
- Galaxy Quest (1999): He portrayed the character of Tommy Webber.
- Lucky Numbers (2000): He was Det. Chambers in this film.
- Black Knight (2001): He portrayed Steve in this movie.
- 13 Moons (2002): He acted as Lenny.
- The Country Bears (2002): He acted as Officer Hamm.
- Inside Man (2006): He acted as Mobile Command Officer Rourke.
- Playback (2012): He acted as Wylie.
- Love & Debt (2018): He portrayed the character of Ed in this film.
Nomination and award
The actor has previously been nominated for one award and has won one as well.
- In 1996, he was nominated for the Image Award of Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series for his role in The John Larroquette Show.
- In 2010, he won the Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series Image Award for his role in Brothers.
Daryl Mitchell net worth
How much is Daryl Chill Mitchell worth? The actor has an estimated net worth of $500k.
Daryl Chill Mitchell wife and children
Who is Daryl Mitchell wife? His wife's name is Carol. Not much is documented about the Carol Mitchell Daryl Mitchell relationship.
However, it is known that the couple got married in 1998 and have been in a strong union to date. One outstanding aspect about Carol is that she has always remained very supportive of her husband even after the life-threatening accident that he survived.
In their union, the couple has been blessed with beautiful children. The names of their two sons are Desmin and Justin. Both of them are football players, who are in the North Gwinnett High School team.
Their only daughter, Kamari, is a cheerleader at North Gwinnett High School. Currently, the family resides in Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States of America.
Daryl Mitchell accident
How did Daryl Mitchell end up in a wheelchair? In November 2001, the actor suffered a severe crash while he was riding his motorcycle.
The accident occurred in South Carolina after he lost control of the bike. He had just taken a corner on the road without knowing that ahead of the corner was loose pavement with gravel.
After the crash, he was rushed to the hospital, where he lay unconscious for a while. He woke up after five days.
The accident left him incapacitated from the waist downwards, and he now uses a wheelchair. Since the accident, his family has remained very supportive of him. In his hour of need, his close friends, among them Chris Tucker and Denzel Washington, stood by his side.
The actor has since secured several acting roles with the help of his friends. He bagged a recurring role on the television program, Ed, as a bowling alley manager who was disabled. He featured in the television show between 2002 and 2004.
The horrible motorbike accident did not kill the desire of the actor to make a positive contribution to society. It inspired him to found the Daryl Mitchell Foundation, which plays a crucial role in creating awareness and sensitizing the public about injuries of the spinal cord.
He also works for the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation as a Minority Outreach spokesman.
His advocacy roles also include championing for the concerned people in the entertainment industry to employ persons with disabilities.
Relationship with Daryl Mitchell cricket player
Many people often think that Daryl Mitchell cricket player is related to the actor. However, the two are not related even though they share their first and last names.
The cricket player is 28 years old and was born on the 20th of May 1991 in New Zealand. He is the son of John Mitchell, who is a well-known rugby coach in New Zealand. Currently, the cricketer plays for the Northern Districts team.
The actor is active on both Twitter and Instagram. On his official Instagram account, he has at least 42k followers. From this platform, it is evident that he receives a lot of support from his family and friends, and he also supports them in their dreams. He is often pictured in the company of celebrities during events.
He also has an official Twitter account with at least 14.9k followers. He often uses this platform to keep his fans and followers updated about his shows and movies as well as other aspects of his career.
Daryl Mitchell is a man who has beaten many odds to be where he is today. How did Daryl Chill Mitchell become par*lyzed? In 2001, the talented African-American actor suffered a motorbike accident that left him par*lyzed from the waist down.
Despite Daryl Mitchell being disabled, he has continued to feature in movies and television shows. His family and friends have stood by his side in all seasons of his life. He also champions for awareness and inclusion of disabled people in the entertainment industry.