For centuries, people in love have been accustomed to giving each other various affectionate nicknames. English speakers are no exception in this tradition. Therefore, today we will give youthe top 10 cute nicknames for your girlfriend.
Top 10 cutest nicknames for your girlfriend
Love is a serious thing. As usual, it comes so unexpectedly that it is impossible to be prepared for it. Guys, absolutely in love with girls, under the influence of this unusual feeling, try to call their beloved by some unusual word, which is a kind of expression of love.
Inventing cute names is not so easy. Or rather, simple, but not everyone can come up them, that is why we have decided to list the nicknames that are used by many people and are not very personal.
READ ALSO: Cute names for boyfriend in your phone
Here are some cute nicknames for girls and cute names to call your girlfriend.
- Babe(s) - baby. In this case, it is not at all necessary that your girlfriend is literally small or younger than you are, anyway if you will very protective the word "babe" is exactly for you. That is, this word does not have a specific translation, but in any case, it expresses the gentle attitude of a man to his woman or, on the contrary, a woman to her man. This is perhaps the most common affectionate nickname in the whole world. In almost every film, in every song in English (especially in the pop genre) you can hear this word. A more modern version is babes. No, this is not the plural babe, but simply the same word, but slightly evolved in the process of speaking.
- Baby - the value is the same as that of the babe. There are no comments here. Each sweet little song in English is teeming with the word baby in every sentence.
- Honey (ab. Hun) - It is a bit old-fashioned, but still works well in many relationships nowadays! It is often used when asking: “Hey hun, can you get up?” (Honey, please bring me a cup of tea while you are still there.). If your relationship is sweet you definitely can opt for this sweet nickname for your beloved lady.
- Sweetheart, sweetie (also sweety) - another sweet nickname on our list. These gentle words can be used for the person you love and who is always nice and kind to you. There is also another variation such as sweetums - literally, this word is translated as “sweet tooth,” but is used in the meaning “sweet.”
- Angel, little angel, etc. The best gentle name for someone who is as pure as an angel, and always honest with you.
- Princess - When your girlfriend is very special and even precious to you, you can easily compare her to such a titled person.
- Love is a great word that can be used as a nickname for your girlfriend. Using exactly this word you can underline once again your feelings to her. Also, there is such an appeal to a partner as my love. You can opt for an adjective “beloved” as well.
- Dear - is a standard appeal to almost everyone, not just your girlfriend. For example, your mother or grandmother can also contact you like this. Often it is also used at the beginning of letters addressed to friends, relatives, and close people. But you should not use “dear” with people you just met. This word is used only if you have a close or related relationship with this person. If you are at the very beginning of your relationships and is not ready to address your girlfriends with such strong nickname as my love, you can call her dear.
- My Lover. The possessive pronoun “my” gives the word meaning to belonging to each other. That is, characterizes your partner as the one and only. My lover is a more profound concept than previous gentle names.
- Boo is not only a famous interjection but also a word for a girl or boy in a relationship (boyfriend, girlfriend) in colloquial American.
These were the top 10 most used nicknames for a girlfriend. If you want to use some more cute names to call your girlfriend, then keep reading.
READ ALSO: Cute pet names for girlfriend with meaning
Sweet names to call your girlfriend
The most popular words are the standard "bunny," "fish," "dear" and so on. However, these words are so familiar that they quickly can become boring. What to do in this case? Improvise! You can use any animal name to call your girlfriend, especially if this animal is her favorite or she reminds you of this animal. In such a way, you can use mouse, piggy, birdy, kitten, etc. For example, my husband calls me a little mouse, and I adore this cute nickname.
But you must be sure that she will not be offended by a particular animal nickname. It is a very personal issue, so here you need to analyze the situation yourself before you pick a cute nickname that she might not appreciate.
To determine cute nickname what to call your girl, you need to make a little effort. You should think about what the girl does, what her features are. If she has red hair, you can call her a foxy, if she sings wonderfully, then the word "bird" or "nightingale" will do, if she is fast and hardworking, then you can call her a squirrel. Thus, it is possible to emphasize her merits and demonstrate personal admiration for her beauty and abilities.
You can add to your vocabulary this list of words and use these nicknames for girls at any convenient moment. Some of them will not be new for you, while others will be a real discovery.
- Sweetie pie/Honeypie
- Pumpkin/Honey pumpkin
- Cutie, cutie pie
- Honey bunny/Hunny bunny
- One and only
- Little lamb
If an original pet name invented by you in a conversation brings a smile on her face, then you can use it further in communication, but if a girl reacts negatively or indifferently, you should think twice whether to use some particular nickname or not in future.
Of course, many other affectionate words in English can be used in relation to a loved one, and they are not limited to this list. In the meantime, you can practice using acute nickname with your second half and watch her reaction, of course.
READ ALSO: Sweet text messages to make her smile