Today, we want to present to you Turkey visa requirements for Nigeria. Checkout the lists of necessary documents, useful tips and all the essential information you need to avoid further problems, entering Turkey. We have collected information valid for different types of visa according to the current legislation of the Republic of Turkey.
What are Turkey visa requirements for Nigeria?
There are some Turkey visa requirements for Nigerian citizens that must be followed. The general ones are:
- passport valid for at least 120 days at the time of arrival;
- confirmed reservation of the hotel or apartment;
- return ticket;
- medical insurance;
- financial guarantees: a statement of the card or bank account is sufficient, as well as cash, the total amount is at least 300 US dollars;
In practice, any documents other than the passport are rarely asked, but if the border guard asks for the papers, and they are not available, the guest may not be allowed into the country.
If you plan to stay in the country for more than 60 days, you can apply for a visa at the embassy in advance (pre-register for admission). For this you need to go there in person and take the following documents with you:
READ ALSO: UK visa requirements for Nigerian citizens
- valid passport;
- completed application form with attached photo;
- photocopy of passport page with personal data;
- booking confirmation;
- bank statement or income statement.
- Documents must be submitted at least two months before the trip, as the embassy sends a request to Turkey.
Turkey business visa requirements for Nigerian citizens
Under current law, there are two ways to obtain a work permit in Turkey:
- By getting a work visa in the embassies and consulates of the Republic of Turkey. Foreign citizens who have a work visa do not need a work permit.
- Directly obtaining a work permit by submitting the relevant documents to the Ministry of Labor of the Republic of Turkey.
- Obtaining a work visa in the embassy of the Republic of Turkey.
The employee must personally contact the embassy or consulate for obtaining a work visa, where he will be assigned the application number for a work visa.
The employer, using the application number assigned to the employee, must make an online registration and apply for a work visa on the website of the Ministry of Labor of Turkey by downloading scanned copies of the necessary documents. This registration and application are possible only with the use of a work visa application number issued by the Turkish embassy.
Within ten days after registration, the employer must submit the original scanned documents to the Turkish Ministry of Labor.
After reviewing and evaluating the submitted documents, the Ministry of Labor notifies the relevant embassy or consulate of the result of the consideration of the application. If approved, the employee receives a work visa after paying the fees charged by the embassy. With a work visa, an employee can enter Turkey.
According to the amendments to the immigration legislation, since April 2014, foreign citizens who have a work visa are exempted from obtaining a residence permit for the duration of the visa. A foreign citizen with a work visa has no restrictions on the number of exits and entries from/to Turkey.
Below there is a list of documents required for obtaining a working visa:
- The original letter of offer and employment contract signed by the employee and the employer, with the official seal of the employee. People invited to the position of general managers and official representatives of legal entities must also provide documents certifying their authority. If the papers were drawn up in a foreign language, a notarized translation into Turkish is required.
- A passport (the validity of which will be completed at least three months after the intended expiration of the work visa) with a notarized translation into Turkish.
READ ALSO: How much is Canada visa fee in Nigeria 2018?
- Document confirming the qualification of the employee. Qualification should correspond to the position of the employee specified in the labor contract.
- Photo (size must be relevant for Turkish embassy in Nigeria).
- A completed application form for obtaining a work permit (including the original signatures of the employee and the employer). This document can be printed after online registration and downloading scanned copies of the above documents.
- Information about the employer (balance sheet, profit and loss statement of the employer for the past year, certified by the tax authorities, also a notarized copy of the publication of the newspaper of the Turkish Trade Register, indicating the capital and composition of shareholders for the next period).
- A letter of appeal to the Minister of Labor to issue a work permit with the originals of the employee’s and employer's signature, indicating the position and duties of the employee and the address of the employer.
Turkey tourist visa requirements for Nigeria
According to the new legislation, tourist visas can only be obtained through the “e-visa” system. What is e-Visa? e-Visa is an official document allowing entry and travel in Turkey. Foreign citizens can receive e-Visa after filling out an electronic form of application and paying visa fees with Mastercard and Visa bank cards.
What is needed to apply for an e-Visa?
The main requirement is a passport with a validity period of at least six months from the date of application for e-Visa. Depending on citizenship there may be additional requirements. After the introduction of information on citizenship and the expected period of stay in Turkey on the e-Visa registration site, information about other requirements will appear on the screen.
After completing the filling of the electronic application form, a link to download your e-Visa will be released automatically. Besides, the same download link for e-Visa will be sent to the email address provided in the form.You can apply for e-Visa at any time before the start of your journey, however, we recommend taking these actions at least 48 hours before the start of your journey.
READ ALSO: NIGERIA AND TURKEY RELATIONS