In today’s post we are going to tell you Nigerian diet to lose weight. This plan includes such Nigerian products that help to be in form and to stay healthy. Obesity is relatively not a new disease. This problem began to spread in XXI century as never before and this is not just a physical defect, it’s a disease that prevents people from living. These are a lot of incurable diseases: ones of the gastrointestinal tract, gallbladder, pancreatitis, heart diseases, reproductive disorders in women and so on.
In addition to genetic factors, there are also other causes which can lead to obesity:
- sedentary lifestyle;
- diseases that are related to endocrine system problems;
- high susceptibility to stress;
- poor sleeping;
- taking medicines that contain psychoactive substances;
- eating disorders because of mental disorders - anorexia, bulimia, compulsive overeating.
For the healthy people who don’t suffer from mental disorders, obesity is a consequence of overeating and physical inactivity. Excessive amount of calories entering the body are not spent and stored in fat tissues.
Obesity also means reducing of metabolic rate. That’s why there are various diets for overweight people. Below you can find Nigerian diet plan to lose weight and start healthy lifestyle. It’s is divided into two weeks:
The first week
- Breakfast: boil and eat 1 green plantain;
- Lunch: eat a little of fresh fish and vegetable soup;
- Dinner: boil two pieces of chicken, then eat 1 apple.
- Breakfast: boil one egg, then eat 1 apple;
- Lunch: make vegetable salad and eat with roasted chicken;
- Dinner: cook fish pepper soup.
- Breakfast: drink a lot of water and eat 2 apples;
- Lunch: one cup of beans with water;
- Dinner: the same dinner as on Monday.
- Breakfast: boil 1 egg and 1 sweet potato;
- Lunch: one wrap of Moi-moi;
- Dinner: make suya and eat with tomatoes or vegetable salad;
- Breakfast: eat three cherry tomatoes and one cucumber;
- Lunch: make chicken pepper soup;
- Dinner: eat vegetable soup and a little of fried fish;
- Breakfast: boil and eat one plantain and one egg;
- Lunch: make meat pepper soup and then eat one apple;
- Dinner: make vegetable salad with fish.
- Breakfast: make vegetable salad;
- Lunch: make vegetable soup and then eat chicken;
- Dinner: make suya and then eat one apple.
The second week
- Breakfast: make Spanish omelette and eat with a slice of toasted bread;
- Lunch: make jollof rice and eat with salad;
- Dinner: make Moi-moi, then eat chicken with coleslaw.
- Breakfast: make Moi-moi, then drink green tea;
- Lunch: eat sweet potato with carrot porridge and green pepper;
- Dinner: stir fry chicken with vegetables.
- Breakfast: boil one egg and eat with a little of whole wheat bread;
- Lunch: vegetable porridge (carrot, tomato, green pepper etc.), fish and bean;
- Dinner: fry a little of fish and eat with steamed vegetables.
- Breakfast: eat breakfast cereal;
- Lunch: boil 1 semi ripe plantain and eat with vegetable stew and fish;
- Dinner: eat ½ packet of noodles and also chicken, green pepper and carrot.
- Breakfast: mix yogurt with one of your favorite fruit;
- Lunch: make vegetable soup with fish (but don’t add oil) or cook okra soup;
- Dinner: make vegetable salad and boil one egg.
- Breakfast: add skimmed milk in quaker oats;
- Lunch: green leafy stew with meat to your taste and ofrada rice;
- Dinner: steamed potato with fried chicken.
- Breakfast: boil 1 plantain and eat with fish stew;
- Lunch: eat vegetable soup, then wheat;
- Dinner: eat pepper soup, then sweet potato.
Please note: this diet is not recommended for pregnant women and also for nursing mothers.
Now you know how to lose weight with Nigerian diet. This plan will help you to fight obesity. But remember that it’s just the first step. However, as we know the first step is the most difficult. To achieve good results you should make daily actions that can help you to be healthy and slim. We understand, it’s difficult sometimes to refuse Nigerian delicacies but it’s also possible to be in form without hunger.
The diet to lose weight in Nigeria is also effective. In conclusion, we want to give you some advice to be in form: drink a lot of water every day, try not to drink alcohol, try to cook without butter and salt, use olive oil, exclude fried meat, fast food from your menu, don’t eat pastry and sweets, consume more protein and of course, be physically active.
READ ALSO: Best Okro soup recipe