However, some prominent politicians are missing from the list of 47 ministerial nominees, Daily Trust reported.
Some notable names missing from Tinubu’s ministerial list
- Kayode Fayemi: The All Progressives Congress (APC)'s presidential aspirant stepped down for Tinubu during the party primary, Leadership reported.
- Festus Keyamo: Spokesperson of the APC presidential campaign council.
- Femi Fani-Kayode: One of the spokespersons of the APC Presidential Campaign Council
- Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso: The New Nigerian People’s Party (NNPP) presidential candidate.
- Bayo Onanuga: Director of Media and Publicity of the APC Presidential Campaign Organisation.
- Ben Ayade: Former Cross River state governor.
- James Faleke: APC presidential campaign council secretary.
- Abdullahi Ganduje: Former Kano state governor.
PAY ATTENTION: Сheck out news that is picked exactly for YOU ➡️ find the “Recommended for you” block on the home page and enjoy!
Tinubu’s ministerial hopefuls shift focus to 2nd batch after missing out on 28-man list
Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that after missing what is now called the first batch of ministerial nominations by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, hopeful politicians have now shifted their focus to the 2nd batch.
President Tinubu had, on Thursday, July 27, submitted 28 ministerial nominees to the Senate for screening and confirmation.
President Tinubu sends 19 new ministerial nominees to Senate, Full list
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that President Bola Tinubu transmitted an additional 19 names of ministerial nominees to the Senate for screening and confirmation.
The new list brought the total number of nominees to 47, and they are expected to be screened and confirmed by the Red Chamber.
Ministerial List: Full List of 28 Nominees President Tinubu Sends to Senate
President Bola Tinubu finally transmitted the names of 28 nominees for ministerial positions under his cabinet to the Senate on Thursday, July 27.
The list consisted of former governors and members of the leading opposition, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Ministerial List: States of origin of President Tinubu's 19 nominees revealed
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, on Wednesday, August 2nd, transmitted to the Senate the second list of 19 ministerial nominees for screening and confirmation.
The assistant to President Tinubu on Social Media, Digital Communications Strategist D. Olusegun, shared the states of origin of the 19 ministerial nominees on Twitter.