- Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, has boosted his chances in the 2023 presidential race as he meets with some PDP leaders behind closed-door
- One of the PDP leaders, Olusegun Mimiko, a former governor of Ondo state, shared a picture from the meeting on his verified Twitter page on Tuesday, August 16
- According to Mimiko, the meeting was held in Rivers state, where the state governor played host to the PDP leaders and former Anambra state governor
Port Harcourt, Rivers - The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, met with some prominent leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) behind closed doors on Monday, August 15.
According to the former governor of Ondo state, Olusegun Mimiko, who shared pictures from the meeting on his tweeter page, the meeting took place in Rivers state, with Governor Nyesom Wike playing the host.
Peter Obi is one of the popular presidential hopefuls in the 2023 general elections. He has continued to gain momentum despite criticism from the opposition.
PAY ATTENTION: Share your outstanding story with our editors! Please reach us through email@example.com!
The crisis took a new turn when Atiku decided to dump Wike and pick Delta state governor Ifeanyi Okowa as his running mate, against the recommendations of the party’s leadership.
Below is the list of PDP leaders who met with Peter Obi
- Governor Nyesom Wike - Rivers
- Governor Samuel Ortom - Benue
- Governor Okezie Ikpeazu - Abia
- Former governor Donald Duke - Cross Rivers
- Ex-governor Olusegun Mimiko - Ondo state
- Ex-Governor Ibrahim Dankwambo - Gombe
- Former Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke
2023: Details of how Wike plans to dump Atiku for Peter Obi finally revealed
Legit.ng earlier reported that a source within the PDP has revealed that the governor of Rivers state, Nyesom Wike, secretly supports the Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi.
The source stated that Wike would act the spoiler game like Rauf Aregbesola did in Osun while revealing what would happen if the PDP crisis was not handled carefully.
The PDP leader added that Wike would use those Atiku did not favour the PDP against him and ask them to vote for Peter Obi.