Fear, Apprehension as Fire Guts Top Government Owned Complex in Abuja, Important Documents Destroyed

Fear, Apprehension as Fire Guts Top Government Owned Complex in Abuja, Important Documents Destroyed

A fire outbreak at the new wing of the National Assembly complex in Abuja on Thursday, August 11, has left several office equipment and documents destroyed, Premium Times reports.

The newspaper reports that a statement signed by the director of information of the National Assembly, Emmanuel Agada confirmed the incident.

National Assembly, fire outbreak, Abuja, documents, equipment
Documents and equipment have been destroyed in a fire outbreak at the National Assembly. Photo: Adamu Isa
Source: Depositphotos

Agada stated that the fire started in Room 227 of the new wing of the House of Representatives at about 6 pm on Thursday but was contained in the said space.

He added that the fire outbreak, which was stopped by the combined efforts of staff and officers of the Federal Fire Service, was suspected to have been caused by an electrical fault.

His words:

PAY ATTENTION: Share your outstanding story with our editors! Please reach us through info@corp.legit.ng!

Read also

Missing N31 million: Katsina govt, police take action against state officials

“The fire has been put out with the assistance of staff on duty, who immediately broke into the affected office and effectively deployed stationed fire extinguishers on the floor before the arrival of the fire service officer.
“It is expected that, after due assessment by the fire service and the estate and works directorates, normalcy in the New-Wings, housing all principal officers of the House of Representatives and Honourable members offices, will be restored immediately."

Electricity in Nigeria: Panic grips residents as fire guts Lagos power sub-station

Residents in Lagos were left in confusion and fear over a fire outbreak at a sub-station in Eko Electric Sub-Station Distribution Centre.

The incident was confirmed by the Lagos state police command and the state's Fire and Rescue Service.

According to the leadership of the service, no life was lost in the fire, which started at the station at about 2 pm.

Read also

Cuba fuel depot blaze 'under control'

Top government agency blasts DISCOS for disconnecting consumers' electricity, gives reasons

The mass disconnection of electricity by distribution companies across the states of the country had earlier been condemned.

The executive vice chairman of the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission said the FCCPC has received several reports on poor service delivery by these companies.

Babatunde Irukera warned that handing bills to consumers without providing electricity is tantamount to extortion.

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel