- The University of Lagos (UNILAG) has opened admissions for its Chinese language programmes
- The programmes, offered by the Confucius Institute, include Chinese proficiency classes, business Chinese classes, culinary classes, and dance classes
- Enrolling in these courses can provide students with valuable language skills, international job opportunities, scholarship prospects for studies in China, etc., according to UNILAG
Akoka, Lagos state - The University of Lagos (UNILAG) has announced admission for its Chinese language programmes.
The admission, according to a statement sighted by Legit.ng, is open to interested members of the university community and the general public.
The Confucius Institute runs the programme.
Chinese language at UNILAG: Available courses
Interested Nigerians and others willing to learn the Chinese Language can enrol in any of the following available classes:
PAY ATTENTION: Сheck out news that is picked exactly for YOU ➡️ find the “Recommended for you” block on the home page and enjoy!
- Chinese Proficiency Classes (HSK 1-6)
- Business Chinese Classes
- Chinese Culinary Classes
- Chinese Dance Classes
Benefits of learning Chinese language at UNILAG
The university listed some benefits students who enrol for the Chinese language programmes stand to gain.
- Opportunity to acquire a new language skill
- International job placements with United Nations agencies, International NGOs, multinational corporations, etc.
- Translating and interpreting job offers
- Scholarship opportunities for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Studies in China.
- Job recruitment with Chinese Companies within and outside Nigeria.
- Enhanced international exposure and knowledge.
How the programmes will be run
According to UNILAG, classes hold on weekdays and weekends at the Confucius Institute, which is located behind the Faculty of Arts.
The varsity added that the tuition fees for the programmes are "very affordable" while it posted the phone number to contact for further details on its website.
Nigeria's online university announces admission
In another report, Miva University, Nigeria’s first online university, has announced admission into its degree programmes.
The Chancellor of the university, Sim Shagaya, said the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is not required to gain admission into the university.
According to Chancellor Shagaya, a degree programme can be completed in just two and a half years because MIVA University operates a trimester system (three terms in a year).