100+ being ignored quotes for when you are feeling overlooked
Being overlooked is one of the things that irk humans the most. This can come from people you are most familiar with and even strangers. Being ignored quotes can help individuals feel understood and validated in their feelings of being overlooked. They offer a source of inspiration and motivation to persevere through difficult times and remind us of the value of our own self-worth.
Everybody has different ways of dealing with interpersonal conflict. Many people choose to turn their back on their loved ones when they have a misunderstanding. Whatever the reasons, ignoring or dismissing someone is never the solution. It is better to face them and tell them what problem you have with them and have it solved. Being ignored quotes also come in handy if you can't face them.
Best being ignored quotes
Being overlooked can result in a broken heart for many people. These quotes for when someone ignores you are relatable for anyone who has ever dealt with this familiar pain.
- He who undervalues himself is justly undervalued by others.
- It is better to be looked over than overlooked.
- I was overlooked long before anyone knew who I was.
- Nobody is too busy; it's just a matter of priorities.
- If someone doesn't want to learn communication, stop teaching them.
- I see myself as a flashlight in the dark. I'm not trying to be overlooked anymore.
- A man said unto the universe, 'Sir, I exist'. 'However,' replied the universe, 'that fact has not created in me a sense of obligation'.
- You get that terrible feeling when your crush spurns you, and you think, what did I do?
- Each time you shun me, I regret every sweet text message I've ever sent you.
- Some people are hurt by words and some by actions, but the most significant hurt, I believe, is someone ignoring you when you value them more than anything else.
- So, forgive her if she's distant. She can't tell her heart to lie, no. You'll never be her one and only.
When someone ignores you quotes
It can be confusing when someone overlooks you, especially when you do not know what you have done to deserve it. These inspirational quotes can help you cope with the hurt that is thus caused.
- Pay no attention to the ignorance of those who choose to overlook your worth.
- The only person that deserves a special place in your life is someone that never made you feel like you were an option in theirs.
- When someone brushes you aside, it's a sign you can find better.
- It hurts to be spurned, but it frees me to meet someone who won't.
- You stole my power when you shunned me. I'm taking it back by leaving.
- When your friends shun you, they weren't your friends from the beginning; they were acting like it.
- Don't waste your time seeking validation from those who choose to disregard you; you are worthy and deserving of love and respect.
- I've been overlooked and slighted every step of the way. I think that brings out the best in me. - Jordan Rodgers
- Stop over-appreciating people who under-appreciate you.
- If someone has you on aeroplane mode, don't put them on speed dial.
- The great thing about being ignored is that you can speak the truth with impunity.
- The day you learn how to cope with being discounted by someone you love, that's the day I'll begin to call you a superhuman because I don't think I can ever cope with it.
- I have no friends, but that's okay. I don't need them anyway. I do my best all on my own, and I'd just rather be alone.
- Hey you hit me up; I'm bored. I hate being ignored. Treat me like a ghost, and I'll hate you the most.
It hurts being ignored quotes
It hurts when you try to reach out to someone you care about, and they decide they will not respond. Some emotional songs capture the reality of being treated as unimportant and undervalued, with sad being ignored quotes.
- The truth is I am a toy that people enjoy, 'til all of the tricks don't work anymore, and then they are bored of me.
- You're ignoring me so loud that it's deafening. This silence is so deep that it's echoing.
- I try to pretend like I don't care, but it hurts so much. Years and years of being ignored, and I'm just not enough.
- Please just keep me posted; tired of being ignored again and again. It's unfair what you do.
- I’m the spare part where nothing breaks. Sick of being ignored when you is all I chase.
- The worst feeling: Not getting a reply back from someone you want to talk to.
- When someone disregards you, you start to doubt your existence.
- The most tremendous pain in life is not to die but to be overlooked.
- What's worse than being hated? Being disregarded. At least when they hate you, they treat you like you exist.
- It would be too easy to say that I feel invisible. Instead, I feel painfully visible and entirely ignored.
- I have always been invisible to people, and most of the time, I am used to it; sometimes, I hurt.
- Hanging with people who make you feel unappreciated for the mere sake of appearing to be popular is the loneliest place to be.
- Can anybody tell me why I'm lonely like a satellite?
- I know my love should be celebrated, but you tolerate it.
- Those words cut deep but they don't mean you're all alone. And you're not invisible.
- You don't even know who I am. You left me a long time ago. You don't even know who I am. So what do you care if I go.
- Pick up the phone, girl. I don't like being ignored.
Sad quotes about being ignored
The reality of life is that being disregarded will make most people sad. These quotes about being ignored by someone you care about are heartbreaking to mull over.
- Lonely isn't a feeling when you're alone; lonely is a feeling when no one cares.
- Life is too short to waste your time on people who don't respect, appreciate, and value you.
- It's better to be alone than to be with someone who never sees your worth.
- Tell me you don't like me, tell me you're mad at me, but please do not shun me.
- Being abandoned and neglected can make you mentally ill, and no, I'm not exaggerating.
- If you dismiss me, I won't dismiss you back. I'll tell you exactly how I feel. And then I'll never talk to you again.
- Home is where you are appreciated, safe and protected, creative, and where you are loved – not where you are put in prison.
- The sad part of this reality is that you forget me even when I try to make time just for you.
- The pain of being discounted is a real thing. No one likes to feel that they don't matter, so avoiding ignoring others is essential.
- Being overlooked causes the same chemical reaction in the brain as being physically hurt.
- I don't speak to you anymore because I keep telling myself that if you wanted to talk to me, you would.
- She wants to go home, but nobody's home. That's where she lies, broken inside with no place to go. - Avril Lavigne, Nobody’s Home.
- While it is better to be loved than hated, it is also far better to be hated than ignored.
- As Ruby watches all the others leaving with their families, the nurse tells her it's time to come to dinner. She says she's expecting company; they're just running late. But the nurse knows the truth too well. She just sighs and walks away
- Even the most intense feelings cease when neglected and taken for granted.
- I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone.
- My husband only spends time with me so that he can disregard me in person.
- Once you feel like someone is avoiding you, never bother them again.
Being ignored quotes to help you move on
Feeling invisible can hurt a lot. However, you only need to rediscover your worth to know that you do not deserve to be treated that way. These someone ignoring you quotes can help you move on.
- Why do we pay so much attention to those that overlook us instead of showing love to those who see us?
- Being ignored hurts worse. Shunning is harsh. Brutal. Worse than a beating.
- No one should ever have to feel the pain of being disregarded. It's a hollow feeling that part of you has been taken away without your consent.
- Feel proud when people ignore you and thank God you missed the worst.
- It's sad to realize you aren't as important to someone as you thought.
- If you feel neglected or ignored in the beginning, don't expect a miracle as time goes on and he gets more used to you; it's only going to get worse. Wake up, move on, and find someone who makes you feel you are truly wanted if you have to wonder about it.
- Ignoring is a passive-aggressive way of dealing with a chronic relationship problem. When your husband ignores you, no matter if it's all the time or just after arguments, he is trying to avoid and run away from a problem instead of dealing with it and solving it.
- Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.
- When someone you love overlooks you, don't also overlook them. Be the one who tries to make things right. Life is not always about trying to prove a point.
- I just want to make a point that it's not just great teachers that sometimes shape your life. Sometimes it's the absence of great teachers that shapes your life and being ignored can be just as good for a person as being lauded.
- I feel like our world's been infected. And somehow, you left me neglected. We've found our lives have been changed. Babe, you lost me.
- Being ignored is a great privilege. That is how I think I learned to see what others do not see and to react to situations differently. I simply looked at the world, not really prepared for anything.
- Nothing hurts as much as being disregarded by the one you love. Maybe only hell and childbirth and being burnt alive hurt more.
- Being ignored by the person you love is hard, but what makes it worse is how easy they make it look.
- Most relationships don't die from natural causes. They are killed by selfishness, neglect, lack of consideration, lies, and secrets.
- Being ignored by someone who means the world to you is the worst feeling.
- Who also hates it when their best friend ghosts them without an explanation?
- My biggest mistake is paying attention to someone who dismisses me.
Heartbreaking quotes about being ignored
Dealing with being overlooked can make you feel like you're going crazy. These quotes about being overlooked capture how it feels to know that your loved ones do not value you as much as you value them.
- There is one place I hate being because it eats me profoundly and because I don't know how to deal with it. That place is being dismissed by someone I love.
- The most neglected person is often the one that is the kindest and who does not wish to fight for it.
- The pain of being disregarded can be hard and challenging to bear. It's incredible to see that there is a lot that you can do with the pain of being overlooked.
- It's funny how 'friends' forget us when they don't need more favours.
- I spent a great deal of my life being neglected. I was always thrilled that way.
- It hurts when you're being slighted by someone whose attention is your only desire.
- We never want to be overlooked because what we want is to be noticed, to be recognized.
- I love you and have given you my time and attention. But you're ignoring me, and it's killing me. I wish you could do better.
- Abuse and neglect negate love. The opposite of abuse and humiliation, care and affirmation is the foundation of love. No one can rightfully claim to be loving when behaving abusively.
- I thought somebody would hear me if I screamed from the top of my lungs. But not even then.
- The pain of being overlooked makes you feel invisible, like you're unseen. It crushes your spirit and makes you question yourself.
- When someone locks you out, remember you can lock the door from the inside too.
- A strong follow-through makes the difference between getting noticed and being overlooked.
- First, they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, and then you win.
- If you don't want to talk to me anymore, the least you can do is tell me straight up instead of snubbing me. I don't want to waste my time waiting for your reply.
- The great thing about catchers is that they do many different things, and they're overlooked.
- I am hurt by your actions, passing me by with your friends and not noticing me.
- Now, past middle age, with so many books written I still care about and only a few still in print, I know the feeling of being overlooked.
- Deep within every man, there lies the dread of being alone in the world, forgotten by God, overlooked among the tremendous household of millions and millions.
Funny being ignored quotes
Being slighted hurts and makes us sad, but you can turn even the bleakest situation into a funny joke if you change your perspective. These sayings make light of being overlooked, painful as it may be.
- Don't feel bad when someone rejects you or ignores you. People usually reject and ignore expensive things because they can't afford them.
- So I'm invisible to you now? Okay, that's cool; I've always wanted a superpower.
- One man's overlooked is another man's happily ever after.
- I get discounted so much that my name should be Terms and Conditions.
- Stubbing my toe feels like a blessing because it makes me forget for a second that you are ignoring me.
- Well, now that I am being ghosted, I just need to learn how to walk through the walls so that I will unlock the full powers of a ghost.
- Just checking my face in the mirror because I feel that someone wrote "Ignore me" on my forehead.
From these being ignored quotes, it is clear that being overlooked is one of the most hurtful things that people can do to fellow humans. Therefore, it is best to remember to address issues maturely rather than to ice out those you care about.
READ ALSO: 100+ ride or die quotes for your best friend or significant other
Legt.ng recently posted an article about ride or die quotes. Loyalty is one of the most valuable gifts one can get from someone that they love or are close to them. This not only goes for romantic relationships but even those relationships that we foster with friends and family.
Knowing that someone has your back is one of the greatest feelings. It is also crucial for you to let those who have your back see that you appreciate them because finding such people is rare. The quotes written in this article are heartwarming and help make these relationships stronger.