On Monday morning, August 16, Nigeria lost one of its federal lawmakers, Adedayo Omolafe, a member of the House of Representatives.
Adebayo, who represented Akure North/South federal constituency, was a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
He was elected into the house of representatives in 2019. The lawmaker passed on after a brief illness.
Adebayo is the fifth lawmaker to have died in the House of Representatives in 2021 and the Seventh in the ninth National Assembly.
Legit.ng lists the members of the legislature who have died so far since the inauguration in 2019.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
House of Reps
- Adedayo Omolafe, 2021 (Akure North/South federal constituency)
- Suleiman Aliyu, 2021 (Lere federal constituency, Kaduna)
- Haruna Maitala, 2021 (Jos North/Bassa federal constituency, Plateau state)
- Yuguda Hassan Kila, 2021 (Gwaram federal constituency, Jigawa state)
- Ossy Prestige, 2021 (Aba North/South federal constituency, Abia state)
- Ja’afaru Illiyasu, 2019 (Magama/Rijau federal constituency, Niger state)
- Muhammadu Adamu Fagen-Gawo, 2019 (Garki, Bubara federal constituency, Jigawa state)
- Senator Benjamin Uwajumogu (2019, Imo North senatorial district)
- Senator Ignatius Datong Longjan (2020, Plateau South senatorial district)
- Senator Rose Okoji Oko (2020, Cross River North senatorial district)
- Senator Adebayo Osinowo (2020, Lagos East senatorial district)
Mohammed Fawehinmi: Osinbajo pays condolence visit to bereaved family
Osinbajo, in his conversation with the mother of the deceased and widow of the late Chief Fawehinmi, Ganiyat, described Mohammed Fawehinmi as one who advocated the cause of the underprivileged.
“Mohammed, as you know, was one of us. He always identified with progressive causes, identified with very progressive things, especially many of the issues that concerned his father in his lifetime."
APC suspends chairman who wished for President Buhari's death
The decision was made by the State Working Committee (SWC) which set up a disciplinary panel to investigate Adamu's utterances and allegations of misconduct on his part.
Adamu's immediate suspension was contained in a statement signed by Mohammed Abdullahi, the state caretaker publicity secretary.