Kankara abduction: Sultan sends powerful message to Buhari, calls for sacking of service chiefs

Kankara abduction: Sultan sends powerful message to Buhari, calls for sacking of service chiefs

- Sultan of Sokoto has advised Buhari to relieve all the service chiefs of their jobs

- Some gunmen had on Friday, December 11, abducted about 600 students in Katsina

- The monarch said that the incident revealed lapses in the country's security architectures

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar III, the president-general of the Jama’atu Nasril Islam (JNI) and Sultan of Sokoto, has condemned the abduction of the Government Science Secondary School (GSSS), Kankara’s students in Katsina state.

Daily Nigerian reports that the Sultan, in a statement issued on Monday, December 14, by the JNI secretary-general, Khalid Aliyu, said the development pointed to lapses in Nigeria’s security architecture that needs to be urgently addressed

Legit.ng gathered that he noted the abduction is one tragedy too many, especially coming on the heels of the infamous Zabarmari massacre.

Read also

Breaking: Governor Masari gives fresh details about abducted Kankari's students

Kankara abduction: Sultan sends powerful message to Buhari, calls for sacking of service chiefs
The Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar III, has advised President Buhari to sack the service chiefs. Credit: @MBuhari.
Source: Twitter

He lamented that the boldness of the bandits to carry out the abduction on the day the president arrived in Katsina state on a private visit is to further test the resolve of his government.

The group, however, asked President Muhammadu Buhari to listen to the calls from Nigerians to revamp the security architecture and address the nation.

Sultan said:

“There are insinuations that for pecuniary benefits, some top echelon among the security operatives don’t want the insecurity to end. If not, how can one explain the movement of the bandits in their hundreds on motorcycles without being detected."

He said that what baffles JNI the most is the government’s inability to locate the enemy’s actual enclave, the focal point of their strength and to devote all available means to rout them out or incapacitate them.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Read also

Just can't sleep - Nigerians react to kidnap of hundreds of school children in Kaduna

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the presidency again stated that out of the over 300 students abducted by suspected bandits in Kankara local government area of Katsina state, only 10 students are still in the den of the kidnappers.

It was reported that Garba Shehu, senior media and publicity aide to President Muhammadu Buhari, made this confirmation in a tweet on Monday, December 14, amid national outrage over the abduction the students on Friday, December 11.

How best can President Buhari tackle insecurity | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel