Mackenzie Davis is a talented Canadian actress who first gained significant attention in Hollywood after starring in the 2013 romantic comedy film titled The F Word (What If). In 2014, she became one of the main actors cast in the TV series Halt and Catch Fire.
Mackenzie Davis is an actress and producer who was born and raised in Canada. Here are more exciting details about the celebrity.
- Name: Mackenzie Rio Davis
- Age: 33
- Date of birth: April 1, 1987
- Place of birth: Vancouver, Canada
- Nationality: Canadian
- Ethnicity: White
- Height: 5' 10" (1.78 m, 177.8 cm)
- Weight: 62 kg (136 lbs)
- Body measurements: 34-24-34 inches
- Hair colour: Blonde
- Eye colour: Blue
- Parents: John and Lotte Davis
- Horoscope: Aries
- Marital status: Single
- Children: None
- Profession: Actress, producer
- Net worth: $3,000,000
Early life and educational background
How old is Mackenzie Davis? Mackenzie Davis was born on April 1, 1987, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Mackenzie Davis age is 33 years. Her parents are John Davis and Lotte Davis. Her father is a graphic designer, and her mother is a hairdresser.
Her father, John is originally from Liverpool, England, and her mother, Lotte is from South Africa. There is not much information about Mackenzie's siblings. The actress rarely talks about her private life.
Mackenzie Davis attended Collingwood School, West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canadia. She had her university education at McGill University. After she finished her studies from McGill University, Montreal, Davis relocated to the United States of America to pursue a career in acting.
She enrolled at the Neighborhood Playhouse in New York City to study acting. She graduated from Neighborhood Playhouse in 2011. In 2013, Mackenzie acted in her first feature film titled Breathe In. Drake Doremus directed the film
Mackenzie Davis measurements
Mackenzie Davis body measurements are 34-24-34 inches. Her shoe size is 8.5 (US) and she wears size 4 (US) dresses. Mackenzie Davis height is 5' 10" (1.78 m, 177.8 cm) and her weight is 62 kg (136 lbs).
Mackenzie Davis's first acting role was in Alex, a 2011 short film. She played Teri in the film. Davis gained the attention of directors and critics in Hollywood after she played Adam Driver's character's partner Nicole in a 2013 romantic comedy The F Word.
In 2014, she landed the role of Cameron Howe in the TV series Halt and Catch Fire; the series ran for four seasons, from 2014 -2017.
In 2015, Davis played the role of NASA satellite communications engineer Mindy Park in the Matt Damon- led box office hit The Martian.
In 2016, she starred as Yorkie in an episode of Black Mirror. In June 2017, Davis was cast as Mariette in Blade Runner 2049.
In 2018, she played the title role opposite Academy-winning actress Charlize Theron in the film Tully. Many critics praised her performance in the film.
In 2019, she acted alongside Hollywood legendary actors like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton in Terminator: Dark Fate. In the film, Mackenzie stars as an augmented super-soldier from the future who is sent back in time to protect Dani Ramos.
Also, in 2019, she was cast to play one of the lead roles in the HBO Max miniseries Station Eleven, the TV series is currently being filmed.
In 2020, starred as Kate opposite Finn Wolfhard and Brooklynn Prince in The Turning. The Turning is a modern adaptation of the 1898 horror novella The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
Even though the actress's acting career is still less than a decade old, Mackenzie Davies movies have already grossed over $1.2 billion worldwide.
Mackenzie Davis movies and TV shows
Here is a list of all the Mackenzie Davis movies and TV shows including the roles she played in each.
- Alex (2011): She acted as Teri.
- Smashed (2012): She played Millie.
- The Hat Goes Wild (2012): She played the role of Cathy in the film.
- Breathe In (2013): She played Lauren Reynolds in this 2013 film.
- The F Word (2013): She played Nicole in the film. The F Word was released with the title What If in some countries outside the US.
- Bad Turn Worse (2013): The name of her character in this 2013 film was Sue.
- Plato's Reality Machine (2013): She played Sophia in the movie.
- A Country Called Home (2015): She played Reno.
- Moontown (2013): She played the role of Shayna in this short film.
- That Awkward Moment (2014): She played Chelsea.
- Emptied (2014): She played the role of Dr. Charlotte Laurence.
- Freaks of Nature (2015): She played the role of Petra Lane.
- Memory Box (2016): She played the role of Isabelle in the film.
- Always Shine (2016): She played the role of Anna.
- Izzy Gets the Fuck Across Town (2017): She played Izzy.
- Blade Runner 2049 (2017): Davis played a character named Mariette.
- The Martian (2015): She played Mindy Park.
- Boomerang (2018): She acted as Jenifer in the film.
- Tully (2018): She played Tully in the film alongside Academy Award winner Charlize Theron.
- Terminator: Dark Fate (2019): She played an enhanced human named Grace Harper who was sent to the past from the future.
- The Turning 2020: She played Kate.
- Irresistible (2020): She played Diana Hastings
- Happiest Season (2020): She played Harper.
- I Just Want My Pants Back (2012): She played Lucie.
- Halt and Catch Fire (2014–2017): Cameron Howe
- Black Mirror (2016): Yorkie.
- No Activity (2017): She played Patricia in the episode titled The Metric System
- Station Eleven (2020): She plays Kirsten in the upcoming miniseries.
- Izzy Gets the Fuck Across Town (2017)
- Send (2014)
Mackenzie Davis awards and nominations
Mackenzie Davis has been nominated for more than five awards in her career so far.
Canadian Screen Awards 2014
- In 2014, Davis was nominated for a Canadian Screen Award under the Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role for her performance in The F Word.
- In 2019, Mackenzie Davis won the CinemaCon Ensemble award for Terminator: Dark Fate. The award was shared with Linda Hamilton, Natalia Reyes, and Gabriel Luna.
International Online Cinema Awards
- In 2018, Mackenzie Davis received a Halfway Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in the movie Tully.
Madrid Fashion Film Festival
- In 2018, she was nominated for the Festival's Best Performance award for her performance in Boomerang.
- In 2016, Davis was the winner of the Jury Prize for Best Performance in a Feature Film for her role in Always Shine.
Napa Valley Film Festival
- In 2017, she won the Special Jury Award for Best Breakout Performance for her portrayal of Izzy in Izzy Gets the Fuck Across Town.
Tacoma Film Festival
- She won a Jury Prize for Best Performance for her portrayal of Izzy in Izzy Gets the Fuck Across Town.
Tribeca Film Festival
- In 2016, Davis won a Jury Award for Best Actress in a U.S in Narrative Feature for her performance in the film Always Shine.
Love life: Is there a Mackenzie Davis husband?
To all the celebrity's fans who have been asking, "Is Mackenzie Davis dating?" Mackenzie Davis boyfriend is Gus Thompson. Davis and Gus have been seen at events together several times, but the actress is yet to confirm or deny their relationship openly.
Is Mackenzie Davis married? The answer to this question is no; the actress is not married. The Mackenzie Davis wedding is an event that is yet to take place.
Is Mackenzie Davis gay?
Mackenzie is believed to be straight due to her rumoured relationship with Gus Thompson.
Mackenzie Davis gay rumours stemmed from some of the characters she has played. Some of Davis' most popular roles are the ones in which she played strong female characters.
Her roles in Terminator: Dark Fate and Happiest Season fueled the rumours. In Terminator: Dark Fate, her character is a strong soldier who does everything she can, including losing her own life, to save another female character.
Also, the way her character was portrayed in the movie: a beautiful tall woman with a fantastic body, a pixie haircut, and muscles in the right places, made people think of her as gay.
These features made her the subject of queer desire online. Speaking about this, the actress commented,
I’m so happy to be a part of it. I just think that’s so cool. I feel like lesbians haven’t really had their time the way gays have, but lesbians are having a time right now in such a satisfying way. I’m so honored to be in any way involved or invited to participate in small doses.
Mackenzie Davis co-stars alongside Kristen Stewart in the film Happiest Season. The movie is about a lesbian who plans to propose to her partner during her partner's family's Christmas party celebration, only to find out that her soon-to-be fiance hasn't come out to her conservative family.
Kristen Stewart, who is Mackenzie Davis lesbian partner in the film, is openly bisexual.
How much is Mackenzie Davis worth?
Mackenzie Davis net worth is $3 million. Her earnings come from her work as an actress and producer.
Mackenzie Davis is, no doubt, one of the most brilliant actresses in Hollywood. With a career less than ten years old, she has already starred in more than two box office hits, won five awards and has produced two films.