Any Quentin Tarantino fan will tell you that Pulp Fiction is one of the American filmmaker's best productions of all time. From the stimulating conversations among the movie's characters to the exciting plot, this film definitely deserves the awards it has won. Starring some of the best in the Hollywood entertainment scene, it is no wonder that the movie is known and loved by many. Due to the exemplary work done by the stars in portraying their roles, Pulp Fiction quotes are as popular as those who uttered them.
Going through the Pulp Fiction screenplay, you will be amazed by how interesting every part of the script is. From the action-filled scenes to the ones filled with genuine conversations, this is one film worth its salt.
Most popular Pulp Fiction quotes
Which are the most popular lines from the movie? Discover them below.
- I do believe Marsellus Wallace, my husband, your boss, told you to take ME out and do WHATEVER I WANTED. Now I wanna dance, I wanna win. I want that trophy, so dance good.- Mia
- This doesn't sound like the usual mindless, boring, getting-to-know-you chit-chat. This sounds like you have something to say. - Mia
- You see, this profession is filled to the brim with unrealistic motherf**kers. Motherf**kers who thought their a** would age like wine.” -Marsellus Wallace
- Three tomatoes are walking down the street... - Mia
- I don't mean any disrespect; I just don't like people barking orders at me. - Vincent Vega
- Just because you are a character doesn’t mean that you have character. -The Wolf
- Zed’s dead, baby. Zed’s dead. - Butch
- Don’t you just love it when you come back from the bathroom and find your food waiting for you? - Mia
- Besides, isn’t it more exciting when you don’t have permission? - Mia Wallace
- You see, this is a moral test of one's self; whether or not you can maintain loyalty. Because being loyal is very important. - Vincent Vega
- If Bonnie comes home, and finds a dead body here I'm gonna get divorced. Ok, No marriage counseling, no trial separation, I'm gonna get f**king divorced. - Jimmie Dimmick
- That’s when you know you’ve found somebody special. When you can just shut the f**k up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence. -Mia Wallace
- I'm gonna call a couple pipe- hittin' n***ers, who'll go to work on homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. Hear me talkin' hillbilly boy?! I ain't through with you by a d**n sight. I'm gonna git medieval on your a**. - Marsellus
- “The only thing Antoine ever touched of mine was my hand, when he shook it, at my wedding.” - Mia
- Look, I'm not stupid. It's the Big Man's wife. I'm gonna sit across from her, chew my food with my mouth closed, laugh at her f***ing jokes, and that's it.- Vincent
- It breaks down like this: It's legal to buy it, it's legal to own it, and, if you're the proprietor of a hash bar, it's legal to sell it. It's illegal to carry it, but that doesn't really matter 'cause—get a load of this—if you get stopped by the cops in Amsterdam, it's illegal for them to search you. I mean, that's a right the cops in Amsterdam don't have. - Vincent Vega
- Any of you f**king pr**ks move, and I’ll execute every motherf**king last one of ya! - Honey Bunny
- You mean I gotta stab her three times? - Vincent Vega
- Why didn't you say something, Marvin? Slipped your mind? You forgot to mention someone's in the bathroom with a godd**n handcannon? - Vincent Vega
- Trying to forget anything as intriguing as this would be an exercise in futility. - Mia
- That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten. - The Wolf
- F**k pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps. -Marsellus Wallace
- Hey, man, my name's Paul, and that s**t's between y'all. - Paul
- The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He'd be d**ned if any slopes gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright, so he hid it, in the one place he knew he could hide something: his a**. Five long years, he wore this watch up his a**. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my a** for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you. - Cpt. Koons
- Did you ever hear the philosophy that once a man admits that he’s wrong, he is immediately forgiven for all wrongdoings? -Vincent Vega
- Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go home and have a heart attack.- Vincent Vega
- If I’m curt with you it’s because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top… clean the f**king car. - The Wolf
- Any time of the day is a good time for pie. -Fabienne
- Oh man. I shot Marvin in the face. - Vincent Vega
- Yeah, well the days of me forgetting are over, and the days of me remembering have just begun. -Pumpkin
- Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it’s necessary to yak about bulls**t in order to be comfortable? -Mia Wallace
- You don't have to tell me how good my coffee is okay, I'm the one who buys it, I know how good it is…- Jimmie Dimmick
- Night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride f**king with you. F**k pride! Pride only hurts, it never helps. You fight through that s**t. - Marsellus Wallace
- Bring out the Gimp - Zed
- Night of the fight, you get knocked out in the 5th round. - Marsellus Wallace
Samuel L Jackson Pulp Fiction quotes
Jules Winnfield (played by Samuel L. Jackson) is arguably one of the biggest stars in the movie. As one of the best actors of all time, Samuel L. Jackson did not disappoint when it came to the portrayal of a hitman in this top film. His excellent portrayal of Jules earned him great popularity, him together with his famous lines from the film.
- Normally, both your a**es would be dead as f**king fried chicken, but you happen to pull this s**t while I'm in a transitional period so I don't wanna kill you, I wanna help you. But I can't give you this case, it don't belong to me. Besides, I've already been through too much s**t this morning over this case to hand it over to your dumb a**.
- Look, just because I don't be givin' no man a foot massage don't make it right for Marsellus to throw Antwone into a glass motherf**kin' house, f**kin' up the way the n***er talks. Motherf**ker do that s**t to me, he better paralyze my a**, 'cause I'll kill the motherf**ker, know what I'm sayin'?
- Shut the f**k up, fatman! This ain't none of your godd**n business!
- Hamburgers: the cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.
- Whether or not what we experienced was an According to Hoyle miracle is insignificant. What is significant is that I felt the touch of God. God got involved.
- It ain't no f***in' ballpark either. Now look, maybe your method of massage differs from mine, but touchin' his wife's feet, and stickin' your tongue in her holyiest of holies, ain't the same ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same f**kin' sport. Foot massages don't mean s**t.- Jules
- From here on in, you can consider my a** retired.
- A dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.
- Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherf**ker, say what one more Godd**n time!
- Well, the way they make shows is, they make one show. That show's called a pilot. Then they show that show to the people who make shows, and on the strength of that one show they decide if they're going to make more shows. Some pilots get picked and become television programs. Some don't, become nothing. She starred in one of the ones that became nothing.
- If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.
- The motherf**ker that said that s**t never had to pick up itty-bitty pieces of skull on account af your dumb a**.
- I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?
- English motherf**ker, do you speak it?
- Look, do you wanna play blind man? Go walk with the shepherd. But me, my eyes are wide f**king open.
Pulp Fiction Bible quote
The famous Pulp Fiction Bible quote was uttered by Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson). In the film, Jules quotes Ezekiel 25:17 when talking to Pumpkin, saying;
- The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!
Quentin Tarantino quotes
Apart from those in the Pulp Fiction script, which other Quentin Tarantino quotes are famous? Here are some popular sayings by the American filmmaker, actor, film programmer, and cinema owner.
- I will never do 'Pulp Fiction 2,' but having said that, I could very well do other movies with these characters.
- I wasn't trying to top Pulp Fiction with Jackie Brown. I wanted to go underneath it and make a more modest character study movie.
- I don't think Pulp Fiction is hard to watch at all.
More about Pulp Fiction
The 1994 R-rated film stars some of the best in the industry such as Bruce Willis (Butch), John Travolta (Vincent Vega), Uma Thurman (Mia Wallace), Samuel L. Jackson (Jules Winnfield), Harvey Keitel (Wolf) and Christopher Walken (Koons) among many other famous stars.
Directed by Quentin Tarantino, the film's writing credits also go to Quentin Tarantino and Roger Avary. The 2-hour 34-minute-long crime-drama movie is produced by Lawrence Bender and was the first independent film to gross more than $200 million.
With an IMDb rating of 8.9 out of 10, it is clear to see why the movie is quite a fan favorite. The motion picture's synopsis follows the activities in four storylines.
The first comprises of Jules Winnfield and Vincent Vega who are hitmen out to retrieve a suitcase stolen from their employer, mob boss Marsellus Wallace.
The next involves Marsellus Wallace, who has asked Vincent to take his wife, Mia Wallace, out a few days later when he will be out of town.
Next is Butch Coolidge, an aging boxer paid by Marsellus to lose his next fight. The other storyline involves Honey Bunny and Pumpkin, young lovers and small-time thieves. The movie's plot is nothing short of entertaining.
If you have never watched the film, you better get to it. The movie can be streamed from Netflix, Vudu, Apple TV, Amazon Prime, and FandangoNOW. Do not miss a chance to put these Pulp Fiction quotes in context.