Chika Ike's biography and net worth
Chika Ike is one of the most talented Nollywood actresses, TV personalities, philanthropists, and much more. The lady's biography is full of details and facts that will interest you. Keep reading!
Here is all you need to know about the actress.
- Name: Chikadebia Nancy Ike
- Nickname: Chika Ike
- Date of birth: November 8, 1985
- Place of birth: Onitsha, Anambra, Nigeria
- Chika Ike age: 35 years old (as of 2020)
- Height: 5' 10" (1.78 metres)
- Zodiac sign: Scorpio
- Alma mater: University of Lagos, New York Film Academy
- Occupation: Actress, producer, entrepreneur, TV personality
Chika Ike biography
The actress was born as Chikadebia Nancy Ike on November 8, 1985, in Onitsha, Anambra State, Nigeria to Mr and Mrs Ike.
She has an older sister called Vivien. Some people believe that Vivien Ike is Chika Ike twin sister even though this is not true.
It’s hard to believe that when Chika was born, something terrible happened to her. She has described the situation in her biographic book, and it’s really heart-rending. When Chika was a baby, her father rejected her for an insane reason: he wanted a son but a girl was born.
Chika says that all the challenges that she has faced and all the hardships she has survived were because of her desire to prove that she was worth something.
Her family rejected her when she was a child, and it has forced her to be who she is now. People used to think that she was nothing and that she could be nobody but now she is proving the opposite.
Such a struggle since the very beginning of her life has brought Chika to the top of her field. A famous ex-model, a successful actress loved by millions, she has achieved everything she could have dreamed of.
She attended the University of Lagos in 2004 and did a 2-year Diploma Program in Human Kinetics and Health Education - she graduated in 2006. She later went back for a Degree in the same.
She also studied Film-making at the New York Film Academy in Los Angeles. This is how her career took an abrupt turn towards the entertainment industry.
Chika was five years old when she started to act in church plays. She had also been into modelling before finally breaking into Nollywood in 2005. Sweet Love and Bless the Child were some of her first films.
Some of the movies that she has been featured in include:
- 2020 - Small Chops - Nikita
- 2016/II - Happy Ending - Lape
- 2016/II - Locked Up - Susan
- 2015 - Miss Teacher - Nwanne
- 2014 -Secret Act
- 2014 - Secret Weapon
- 2012 - Bridge of Contract
- 2012 - Bridge of Contract 2
- 2012 - The End Is Near
- 2012 - The End Is Near 2
- 2011 - Heart of a Fighter - Amara
- 2011 - Heart of a Fighter 2 - Amara
- 2011 - The Seekers - Yvonne
- 2011 - The Seekers 2 - Yvonne
- 2011 - White Chapel - Yvonne
- 2011 - White Chapel 2 - Yvonne
- 2010 - Street President - Nene
- 2010 - Street President 2 - Nene
- 2010 - Unstoppable
- 2010 - Unstoppable 2
- 2009 - Dangerous Beauty - Anita
- 2009 - Dangerous Beauty 2 - Anita
- 2009 - Eyes of the Nun
- 2009 - Eyes of the Nun 2
- 2009 - Harvest of Love - Nancy
- 2009 - Harvest of Love 2 Nancy
- 2008 - Before the Rain - Anita
- 2008 - Before the Rain 2 - Anita
- 2008 - Desire - Juliet
- 2008 - Desire 2 - Juliet
- 2008 - Jealous Princess - Mercy
- 2008 - Jealous Princess 2 - Mercy
- 2008 - Mirror of Beauty 2
- 2008 - One More Kiss
- 2008 - One More Kiss 2
- 2008 - Royal Covenant
- 2008 - Royal Covenant 2
- 2008 - Tears in Marriage
- 2008 - Tears in Marriage 2
- 2007 - Breaking News
- 2007 - Breaking News 2
- 2007 - Emotional Risk
- 2007 - Emotional Risk 2
- 2007 - Endless Tears
- 2007 - Endless Tears 2
- 2007 - Final Risk
- 2007 - Gods of No Mercy
- 2007 - Gods of No Mercy 2
- 2007 - Power of Beauty
- 2007 - Power of Beauty 2
- 2007 - Royal Promise
- 2007 - Royal Promise 2
- 2007 - The Key of Happiness - Adaora
- 2007 - The Key of Happiness 2 - Adaora
- 2007 - The Prince of My Heart
- 2007 - The Prince of My Heart 2
- 2007 - Titanic Battle
- 2007 - Titanic Battle 2
- 2007 - Mirror of Beauty
- 2006 - Love Wins - Emily
- 2006 - Love Wins 2 - Emily
- 2006 - My Only Girl
- 2006 - My Only Girl 2
- 2006 - Soul Engagement
- 2006 - Soul Engagement 2
- 2006 - Soul Engagement 3
- 2006 - The Crusader
- 2006 - The Crusader 2
- 2006 - Wisdom of the Gods
- 2006 - Wisdom of the Gods 2
- 2005 - Django
- 2005 - Django 2
- 2005 - Emotional Blackmail
- 2005 - Emotional Blackmail 2
- 2005 - One God One Nation
- 2005 - One God One Nation 2
- 2005 - To Love a Stranger
- 2005 - To Love a Stranger 2
- 2005 - What a Mother...
- 2005 - What a Mother... 2
- 2005 - What a Mother... 3
- 2004 - Paradise
- 2004 - Paradise 2
- 2004 - Standing Alone
- 2004 - Standing Alone 2
- 2002 - Wisdom and Riches
- 2002 -Wisdom and Riches 2
In 2014, she created her production company, Chika Ike Production. A while later, she produced her first movie, Miss Teacher.
Apart from being a successful actress with a range of awards from the African Movie Academy, she is a prosperous owner of a fashion line. In 2011, she launched her fashion line with the label, Fancy Nancy, in Abuja, Nigeria.
Chika is also a philanthropist. In 2011, she founded the Help a Child Foundation to help homeless children get a better future.
Awards and recognitions
Chika has received several awards and nominations for her performance and also for her humanitarian works, including:
- African Youth Society Award for Best Role Model In Africa
- City People Entertainment Award for best actress award
- African Heritage Award for her Contributions to the Youths in Africa
- Donven Club Award for Best Actress
- UN Ambassador for Peace
- African Movie Academy Award for Best Upcoming Actress Nomination
- African Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a supporting role
- Humanitarian Celebrity of the year at the Lamodemag Green October event in 2016 .
What is Chika Ike's net worth?
As one of the most successful, popular, and sought-for actresses in Nollywood, Chika has earned quite a fortune.
Glusea.com estimates that her net worth is $1 million.
What is known about Chika Ike family and children?
The actress was once married. The name of Chika Ike husband was Tony Eberiri. Chika was married to Tony Eberiri from 2006 to 2013, but the marriage ended in a divorce. The Abuja High Court granted the divorce after Ike made several allegations against her husband.
It emerged that Tony used to beat Chika and that at one point, she even lost a pregnancy. Tony also accused his ex-wife of having done everything possible to destroy their marriage.
She also revealed that marriage is a tough and that everybody has a certain limit and a point of no return.
Chika Ike daughter - Is there one?
While married, Chika and her husband didn't have any kids. In 2010, she made it clear that she owed nobody any explanation as to why she had not had a child.
When asked about having children, Chika revealed that she’s still very young and not having kids at her age is absolutely not a problem.
Chika Ike accident
Towards the end of 2011, the actress was said to have been involved in a severe car crash on her way home from a movie shoot.
The car was crashed and damaged beyond repair. Luckily, no one died or even got hurt in that accident.
This is everything you need to know about Chika Ike for now. If you are interested in more details from her childhood, you can read her book. Keep an eye on our updates and discover more about your favorite Nollywood celebrities!
READ ALSO: Fireboy DML biography: Age, real name, girlfriend, Apollo album
Legit.ng recently covered the story of Fireboy DML, one of the fast-rising Afro-Life singers from Nigeria. The musician became popular following the success of his single titled Jealous.
You will be surprised to find out that the celebrity is only 24 years old, but he has made significant achievements in his career. The musician recently released his sophomore album, Apollo. Apollo was released on August 20, 2020, under the YBNL Nation record label. The 17-track album comes after the success of his debut album Laughter, Tears & Goosebumps, which was released on November 29, 2019.