Have you heard about the best online shopping platform in Africa? This time we want to tell you about Jumia Nigeria, and how to order the items from this website. Read on to know the details and enjoy internet purchases.
Easy way to make an order on Jumia
Jumia website has a convenient interface, on the main page of the portal you see the catalog of categories to choose from. Every category has a wide range of products, use the filters to find the needed product.
When you found the needed product it is time to make an order. So, when you select the item to buy, just follow the steps:
- On the page of the product click the button “Buy now”
- Now the green screen appears at the top of the page showing that the product has been added to your customer card
- you can continue shopping, or go to an order details
- You can see at the top right corner the icon of your card, so you can open it at any time
- Then you are advised to review the card
- At this stage, you can add or remove the items in your card
- You can also see there the field for voucher number, so don’t forget to enter it if you have one
- If you are a new customer, you will be asked to create the account
- The next step is to add your address, and click “save and continue”
- Now it is time to select the delivery method and pick up station
- This point can be changed by clicking “change pick up station” button. Once you have done, click “save and continue”
- Now you can go to the payment section and select the payment method
- After you choose the method of payment press “Confirm order” and it is done
Wait for the SMS notification from the pick up station, and take your item. Pick up stations are situated around the country, you can check the list at https://www.jumia.com.ng/pickup-stations/. You have five days to pick up the item.
Remember that you can also choose the option “Door Delivery” and receive the item at your home. There is also a shipping fee table to know the costs: https://www.jumia.com.ng/shipping-fees/
How to track my Jumia order
Jumia provides a big number of convenient customer services and “order tracking tool” is one of them. With the help of this service, you can see the current location of your item whenever you want. So, here we have the steps of tracking:
READ ALSO: How to cancel order on Konga?
- On www.jumia.com.ng you can see “Order Status” bar at the top right side of the screen
- After you click at the bar a login window should appear, log into your account
- Now you see Order Status Page, here you are required to enter the order number and click “Check now”
- To see some detailed information click “See More”
- If you want to know the status of another item click “Check Another Order
How to cancel order on Jumia Nigeria
There may be some cases when you may change your mind about buying some item. It is not a problem to cancel any order. Every customer can do it by contacting customer service of Jumia portal.
Even if the item has already been shipped, or it is on the way, the customer care service can stop the delivery. Another way to cancel the order is to reject the item at the pick up station or just ignore the SMS notification.
There is also a possibility to return the item when you already receive it. There are few steps to return the item to the internet store:
- At first, log the request. One can do it in two ways. The first one is to go to personal account and create the request there. The other way is to turn to customer care service and ask them to create the request.
- Carefully pack the product. Check the conditions of returning package on the website of Jumia. Remember that you should pack all the accessories and gifts that you received with the item.
- Call the customer service to know the addressees of drop off stations. Notice that the drop off process is free from charge.
So, the process of canceling the order is even easier than one could think.
What is Jumia Nigeria and how it works with orders?
Jumia Nigeria was founded in 2012, as a startup by Rocket Internet (Germany-based company). The aim was to become a kind of Amazon for Africa. The project entered the nascent market and started a process of impetuous development. In 2016 Jumia shifted from an online retail model to a marketplace model. Now it works in 13 African countries and provides services of easy online shopping.
READ ALSO: How to cancel order on Jumia?
Jumia Nigeria works to provide all the needed technology to connect customers with businesses, it has useful applications and various smart solutions. Jumia is a developed network of companies that includes: Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car and Jumia Services.
The company provides extended list of services:
- Vendor services
- Return handling
- Payment handling
- Food delivery
- Track package
There are 10.000.000 packages in the network and the managers handle them in the best ways.