University of Ghana school fees – can you afford them? Ghana is a beautiful country which is situated not far from Nigeria. It can be a perfect chance for people who want to study in a foreign country but not far from home. Ghana is also close to Nigerian culture which means that you will not experience culture shock when you get there.
A few words about University of Ghana
The University of Ghana is considered to be the oldest university in the Ghanaian Republic. It was created in 1948 and had a name University College of the Gold Coast. Originally, it was an affiliate college of the University of London. The full University status was provided to the institution in 1961, today, it has over 40,000 students.
READ ALSO: IMSU cut off mark for medicine and surgery
The University originally emphasized on the medicine, agriculture, basic science, social science and liberal arts. Nevertheless, Ghana experienced several reforms in terms of education. Therefore, the University of Ghana became more technology based.
For today, the university is based at Legon, which is only 12 km from Accra. The main colors of the university are Vegas Gold, Lemon Yellow, and Midnight Blue. School fees of the University of Ghana are quite affordable for foreign students.
How much are University of Ghana School fees for foreign students?
Non-degree or Undergraduate Freshmen
- English Proficiency – $2,491 per year;
- Humanities - $4,717 per year;
- Administration or Law - $5,336 per year;
- Post-First Degree Law - $5,336 per year.
Non-degree or Undergraduate Freshmen Continuing
- Humanities - $4,647 per year;
- Administration or Law - $5,266 per year;
- Post-First Degree Law - $5,266 per year
Postgraduate one year of Master of Arts Degree
- Foreign - $7,941;
- West African Nationals - $4,848;
- Other African Nationals - $6,085.
Postgraduate one year of Master of Science Degree
- Foreign - $9,178;
- West African Nationals - $5,467;
- Other African Nationals - $6,952.
Postgraduate Master of Philosophy 2 years Programme
- Freshmen Humanities for Foreigners - $7,891;
- Freshmen Administration for Foreigners - $9,128;
- Freshmen Year Two for Foreigners - $4,609;
- Freshmen Humanities for West African Nationals - $4,798;
- Freshmen Administration for West African Nationals - $5,417;
- Freshmen Year Two of West African Nationals - $4,609;
- Freshmen Humanities Other African Nationals - $6,035;
- Freshmen Administration Other African Nationals - $6,901;
- Freshmen Year Two Other African Nationals - $4,609.
Special Postgraduate Programme for Foreigners
- Freshmen Master of Business - $9,128;
- Freshmen Master of Law - $9,128;
- Freshmen LECIAD - $9,178;
- Continuing Master of Business - $9,058;
- Continuing Master of Law - $9,058.
Philosophy Doctor for Foreigners
- Year One - $7,399;
- Year Two - $6,935;
- Year Three - $6,935;
- Year Four - $6,935.
Thesis Extension for Foreigners
- Master of Arts and Master of Science - $250;
- Master of Philosophy - $300;
- Philosophy Doctor - $750.
- Master of Arts and Master of Science - $550;
- Master of Philosophy - $600;
- Philosophy Doctor - $1,100.
Schedule for other Programmes for Freshmen Foreigners
- Occasional (Undergraduate) Studentship - $2,662;
- Research Affiliation One Year - $2,285;
- Research Affiliation One Semester - $1,242;
- Research Affiliation Three Months or Less - $880;
- Visiting Students One Year - $4,717;
- Visiting Students One Semester - $2,462.
What do you get when decide to study at the University of Ghana?
You may be wondering: “Ok If I pay school fees of Ghana – what do I get in return?”. First of all, you will study in the oldest university of Ghana. It’s the best university in the country, and you can become a student there for a quite affordable price.
Moreover, you will be an international student and will have an opportunity to study a new culture along with getting new friends. This experience will be unforgettable not only for you but also for your future employer.
The Balme Library is one of the main peculiarities of the University of Ghana where you will have access. This library was named after David Mobray Balme – the first principal of the university. It’s one of the oldest and biggest libraries in the country.
Breaking: Saudi Arabia to allow Umrah for residents and visitors after months of Covid-19 pandemic, gives condition
Kade Agricultural Research Station is another interesting feature that you can get for school fees of the University of Ghana. The Kade Station is located in Kade of the Eastern Region of Ghana. If you want to study agriculture in Ghana, then you have to visit this center. It covers the area of 99,3 hectares and is mainly concentrated on researches of crops, like rubber, oil palm, cocoyam, plantain, citrus, etc.
Did you know that this university appeared in arts and movies? The TV series, Sun City has a lot of scenes where you can see this university. The name of this university was also mentioned in the works of artists, like Okordii “Four years in Legion,” Kwadei “Wutatami,” Buk Buk “Klu Blofo,” Sarkodie “Legion Girls.”
Therefore, when you get to the University of Ghana – you will have all the privileges as an international student! The University of Ghana school fees are quite affordable for Nigerians. You will meet new friends and learn a lot about a new culture.
Moreover, you will study at the most prestigious university of Ghana. It provides the best laboratories and study facilities for students in the country. It can be the main reason why you should study there! What are you waiting for? It’s your chance to get foreign education diploma for quite an affordable price!
READ ALSO: Benue state university courses offered