Pregnancy involves numerous activities and responsibilities, such as doctor's appointments, ultrasounds, baby showers, and a gradually changing body. Amidst all this, it is easy to forget that while the baby is growing physically inside the womb, it needs spiritual protection. Praying is a powerful way to protect your baby and have peace of mind. Prayers for safe delivery can even help dispel your fears and worries during childbirth.
Taking care of oneself during pregnancy is essential. Moreover, this period comes with the additional responsibility of taking care of the unborn child. Therefore, we take a look at some amazing prayers for labour and delivery.
The best prayers for safe delivery
Here is a look at some prayers you can pray during your pregnancy, delivery, and after delivery. We have also included some powerful Bible verses to reflect upon during this period.
Prayers for the safe delivery of a baby
Are you looking for the perfect prayer for baby delivery? Here is a look at some of the best ones to consider when praying for yourself.
- Almighty Father, your word says that you will give us what our hearts desire. So today, I am thanking you for granting me my desire to conceive. I am praying for safe delivery when the time comes. I cast all my worries, anxieties, and fears on you because I know you care for me. I pray that my delivery will be without any complications. May my baby be born in your perfect image.
- Thank you, God, for this new life you formed perfectly in my womb. I know that the baby is fearfully and wonderfully made. As I go into the delivery, I pray for your presence in more ways than I can ever imagine. I know that you will never forsake me.
- Oh, Lord, I dedicate my baby to you today. Let my baby be yours even from my womb, in Jesus' name.
- God of eternal goodness, watch over me as I await the birth of my child. Please grant me the confidence and strength to dispel any anxiety, worries, and fears. Bless me with the courage and faith of your servant Mary, to always listen to your will and trust in your loving care.
- Oh, Lord, your mercy prevails over every situation. I pray that you remove sorrow and bitterness from my pregnancy and delivery in Jesus' name.
- Dear God, please allow me to have the endurance that comes from you and keep me safe. Watch over me during delivery and allow my child to be born under the best circumstances.
- As I lay my hands upon my womb, my prayer for labour is that the mercy and protection of God Almighty locate my baby. I paralyze every enemy that might be working against my unborn and pray that during delivery, everything will go well in the name of Jesus.
- Father God, I thank You for my baby's heartbeat. I know that even though I cannot hear it yet, you can. I pray that you may protect him while he is in my womb, and I know you will be with me when it's time to bring him into the world. I acknowledge your power and ask you to extend it to my baby too.
- Dear Lord, I pray the prayer of your servant Hannah and come with thanksgiving for this child that You have granted me. I thank you, Lord, for your blessings and the miracle of life. I am asking for a healthy pregnancy and declare that I will not miscarry.
- Almighty God, I pray that you send your angels to keep guard as my labour begins. Lord, comfort and protect me; surround me with your hope and goodness. Hold me through each wave of childbirth. Hold me safely within your promises, now and forever.
- Today I speak a word of faith to my baby in the womb today. I ask that you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at your birth in Jesus' name. I declare today that I shall deliver my baby without any complications whatsoever.
Prayers for a healthy newborn
Nothing beats the sheer joy of holding one's newborn baby in their arms. It is essential to always say a prayer for a newborn baby to keep them under God's protection. When praying for your safe delivery and a healthy baby, here are some great things you can ask for.
- Dear God, because I know you and love you, I pray that this baby will come to know you, and I pray they come to love you too. As you are present with me, be present with my baby in my womb. Cover her with your love and grace, and may she always find solace in your unwavering mercy.
- My dear baby, I pray that all the blessings of our Lord touch your life today. May He send his angels to protect you every minute of your life. You are an amazing blessing sent from above.
- Almighty Father, please give my baby all that is required to live under your will. Please let this child bring joy and pride to my family and me. I will give all that is needed to this child, and I pray that you help me do my best to guard and protect my baby for as long as possible.
- I bring my newborn to you, Lord, asking you to protect him from all the dangers of this world. I pray that your mighty hand will be with him throughout his life and that he grows without any health problems or complications.
- Thank you, God, for choosing this baby to be my child and me to be its mother. I know this is no accident.
- Grant me a motherly heart that is pure, steadfast, and generous. I hand over to you my own concerns and any fears that may come. I pray for a safe delivery without any complications. Amen.
- My dear child, I pray that you will always walk in the sunshine. May you never want for more, and may God's angels rest their wings beside you and guide your steps always.
- Almighty God, bless my baby with perfect health and make her content in your will and unending love. I pray that nothing in this world will ever hinder her development and that she will achieve the purpose you created her for. I pray against any illnesses, discomfort, or infections in her life.
- Protect this little one, dear Lord, with the loving care of your powerful arms. Encircle him with love and peace and cradle him in hope. I ask you to send your angels to stay with him throughout his life. Fill his heart with joy, and let him rest on your sweet and soft promises. May you always wrap them in endless love and grace.
- Faithful Lord, we are extremely thankful for the gift of a newborn child. We ask that you bless him with divine health and pray against diseases and any complications that the evil one might cast upon her.
- Abba Father, you are my strength and shield, and I pray that you may protect my baby against allergies, infections, diseases, and any other source of discomfort. Furthermore, I pray for protection against any autoimmune disorders throughout her life. May she always live under the protection of your shadow, Almighty Father.
- I pray for the courage to make hard decisions and the ability to rest in your perfect peace, knowing that, in your strength, I am doing my best.
- Lord, I thank You for this baby, and I give my pregnancy to You, praying that throughout the whole time, You will be there to comfort and encourage and strengthen each member of the family.
- The birth of my child will mark the biggest, most exciting miracle in my life. This experience has been humbling yet empowering, and I am constantly awed by the wonder of this new being that is in the world because of me. I am in a state of grace, knowing the incredible co-creative power I have with God, and I pray that heaven will watch over the baby every moment.
Prayer for the safe delivery of a friend
Besides one praying for oneself, it's also important to have friends say a prayer for the safe delivery of a baby. If you have a friend who is about to give birth, sending prayers for safe delivery is among the best things you can do for them.
- Dear Father, you who gives all life and answers our prayers, I ask your mercy over the perfect delivery of my friend. I pray that you take control, that she delivers in safety and that her baby will be healthy. The glory is all yours before and after the delivery.
- This week is my friend's due date. I thank You for helping her make it to a full term in her pregnancy.
- I am looking forward to welcoming her baby into this world. Lord, please help her baby come at just the right time.
- As my friend prepares to bring new life into the world, Mighty God, please grace her with good health and great joy. We look to you and your Son, Jesus Christ, as a sign of mercy and joy. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and saviour.
- I cancel any complications during and after my friend's delivery. I say no in the name of the Lord to abdominal pain and backache. I rebuke every postpartum or postnatal depression, and I declare that every wound closes in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Dear Lord, I pray for my friend's unborn baby. Please watch over her while she is in her mother's womb and protect her during delivery. When my friend leaves the delivery room, I pray that she will look at her bundle of joy and glorify your name.
- Lord Jesus, thank you for your protection over my friend's life and that of her unborn baby. Thank you for keeping them safe and secure throughout the pregnancy. Thank you for strengthening her, keeping her healthy, and preparing her for the plans you have set before her. I pray that you watch over her during delivery and that she may find joy and happiness in your abounding love and protection.
- Dear God, I am so grateful for the joy that this child will bring to the world. Lord, you said that we would not bear children doomed to misfortune, for they will be a people blessed by the Lord. Therefore, whilst this child is in my friend's womb, I pray for a healthy pregnancy and, eventually, a safe delivery.
- May you watch my friend's sleep as she carries her baby. May your hand be upon the little life as it develops in her womb, and may you fill her heart with joy and her body with peace. When the time comes to deliver, I pray that your mighty hand be upon her.
- Today, Father of heaven and the earth, I thank you for the baby being born by my friend. I pray for the safe delivery of this baby. Lord, I pray that your great hands will rest on the baby and give the baby strength to live in the name of Jesus Christ. Father, I ask this child to find favour with God and men forever.
- Father, Lord of mercy and grace, I pray for my pregnant friend's safe delivery; without pain and struggle, let her deliver safe and sound because I put my trust in you. I confess that there shall be no problems during and after labour.
- Father God, I thank You for giving us spiritual insight through the Bible. I pray that my friend's baby will be born in perfect health and grow to have a sharp spiritual vision. May she experience your calling on her life at an early age.
Psalm for safe delivery
Are you looking for a motivational Bible verse when praying for safe delivery? Here is a look at some calming Bible verses to carry you through pregnancy and delivery.
- Psalm 22:9-10 - Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you. From birth, I was cast on you; from my mother's womb, you have been my God.
- Colossians 1:11 - May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy,
- Isaiah 46:3-4 - Listen to me, descendants of Jacob, all you who remain in Israel. I have cared for you since you were born. Yes, I carried you before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime—until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.
- Psalm 127:3-4 - Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hands.
- Psalm 127:3-4 - Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hands.
- Exodus 23:26 - And none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full lifespan.
- John 16:21 - A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come, but when her baby is born, she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.
- Isaiah 41:10 - Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Psalm 139:13 - For you created my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful; I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
- Isaiah 40:29-31 - He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might, he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted, but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
- Psalm 61:2 - From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety.
Prayers for the day of delivery
The day of delivery can be quite overwhelming for the mother-to-be, her family, and her friends. Here are some prayers for labour and delivery one can say to ask for love, favour, hope, and the strength to endure when giving birth.
- Thank you for this new life that you have knit together in my womb so perfectly. Whatever happens, I know that we are all fearfully and wonderfully made. May I feel your presence today in new and excellent ways. I know that You never leave me or forsake me.
- Please allow me to have the endurance that comes from you and keep me safe. Watch over my baby and allow him/her to be born under the best of circumstances.
- May Your will be done, Lord. Give me a sense of calm and purpose as I go through labour and delivery.
- Lord, I glorify your name for loving me and my baby. Each moment ahead of us is being cradled in Your good hands. May I not forget that.
- Lead me on the path of knowledge with my child. Light our way together. Keep us protected and divinely guided in all matters and at all times. May we always feel the presence of God in our lives, and may we be blessed.
- I know that physical pain can overwhelm me. Help me to cling to You and look forward to the joy ahead when I see my baby for the first time.
- I give this baby to You. May my son/daughter grow up to follow You all the days of his/her life and guide me with wisdom as his/her mother from this first moment on.
- I am deeply grateful for this child and for all that this child represents in my life. My experience of life and my contribution to the world have been changed forever, and I am grateful. Thank you, God.
- Help us both to enjoy these early childhood years together. Please give me the patience and wisdom to do the right things and to do things rightly. May we be happy and full of joy as we spend our days. Bless us richly with health, happiness and laughter.
- Help me not to be anxious, oh Lord. Remove from me a heart of fear and replace it with Your peace that passes all understanding! Hold my hand and lead me.
- Heavenly Father, I thank You for the gift of life. I pray that You would protect this precious life inside of me and grant us a healthy delivery. Amen.
- Gracious God, I entrust myself and my unborn child to Your loving care. Please give us the strength and courage we need to get through this delivery safely. Amen.
- Give skill and wisdom to the doctors, nurses, and staff that will be taking care of me today. Allow them to be kind and helpful and enable my family members and me to bless them too.
- Dear Lord, you have chosen this day as the day my baby will be born. Thank you for bringing me to this point and for your perfect plan for the hours ahead.
- Dear Lord, please protect my baby and me during this delivery. I trust in Your perfect will and timing. Amen.
- Almighty God, we praise and thank You for the miracle of life. Please guide us safely through this delivery and into parenthood. Amen.
Prayers for the mother's and baby's safety
Pregnancies and deliveries often come with the risk to a mother's or child's life. To array such fears, it is nice to pray for the safety of the mother and the unborn child. Here are some beautiful prayers for the same.
- We ask that You grant my baby and me strength, stamina, and energy as our bodies go through these amazing changes. We also ask that You give them wisdom and knowledge as they prepare for the arrival of their little ones.
- Lord Jesus, I want you to please keep me safe throughout this period. Keep my baby safe too. We will all return home rejoicing and in good health in Jesus' name. Amen.
- Lord Jesus, I don't want to believe all the medical reports and midwives are saying; I choose to believe your word over this baby in my womb.
- Lord Jesus, I can't do this alone; please grant me a safe delivery of this beautiful baby.
- Lord God, take away fear and anxiety from me. Please grant me the courage to be strong all through the delivery stage.
- Keep this baby alive and strong, Lord. Strengthen me for a successful delivery. I look up to you, Jesus; you never disappoint me.
- I'm weak, Lord, but I trust you for strength. Please, help me have this baby safely and in good health.
- I will not faint or grow weary. I will come out strong with a healthy baby in Jesus' name. Amen.
- I thank you for the miracle of life and ask that you bless my child and me as he/she comes into the world today.
- Gracious God, I desire fast and easy labour and delivery. There will be no complications. My baby and I shall come out safe in Jesus' name.
- Dear Heavenly Father, I come to You today with a heart full of hope and expectation. I pray for a safe delivery and a healthy baby.
- Dear God, I come to you today to ask for your protection and guidance. I ask that you give the doctors and nurses wisdom and knowledge as they care for my child and me. I thank you for the miracle of life and ask that you bless my child and me with good health and happiness. Amen.
- Dear God, I ask that you give the doctors and nurses wisdom and knowledge as they care for both myself and my unborn baby.
Catholic prayer for safe delivery and a healthy baby
Children and their grandparents have been known to share a special bond in different cultures and countries all over the world. This explains why a lady's mother and father are usually quite excited on their grandchild's delivery day. Here are some lovely prayers for a grandchild's safe birth.
- St. Colette, pray for us today as my daughter labours to bring her child into the world. May her labour be quick and her joy complete.
- Lord, thank you for my beautiful unborn grandchild. She fills our family with joy. As I learn about my place in her life, please help me to cherish each moment.
- Lord, I am so excited to be a grandparent! It is something I have longed for a while. My greatest desire for my unborn grandchild is that he will grow up to know, love, and serve God.
- Heavenly Father, I pray that you give my daughter the courage to face whatever comes her way. She really needs courage throughout her pregnancy and, most especially, courage during delivery.
- God, our creator, you said a woman would labour in pain, but you did not specify the time frame. I pray that you give my child a short labour and unspeakable joy upon the delivery of her baby.
- Dear Lord, please bless the hands of the medical professionals involved in the labour and delivery of our unborn grandchild. Give them words to encourage and support [insert name].
- Dear God, parenting is the most amazing thing I have ever experienced. It never ceases as children grow, but especially in the beginning, it can be very overwhelming and emotional. I pray our daughter doesn't experience postpartum depression so that she can focus on healing and snuggling our new grandbaby.
Short prayers for safe delivery and a healthy baby
Are you looking for the ideal prayers for the safe delivery of a baby? Here are some inspirational, short prayers for safe labour and delivery.
- Whether the devil likes it or not, I will use my hand to carry my baby, to bathe my baby, and to feed my baby, in Jesus' name.
- My unborn child, hear the word of the Lord, come out and add joy to my marriage, in Jesus' name.
- My unborn baby/child's destiny shall not respond or answer to the call of death in Jesus' name.
- My Father, let the experience of my child's delivery motivate the world that there is nothing that is too difficult for You to do, in Jesus' name.
- Lord, I pray that my child's delivery will disorganize the plans of my enemies, in Jesus' name.
- I receive the strength of the Hebrew women in the land of Egypt to deliver this baby safely in Jesus' name.
- I pray that the hospital/environment of my delivery shall be charged with the angel of God in the name of Jesus.
- I deprogram all the evil plantations and operations against my safe delivery, in Jesus' name.
- I break the gene of stillbirth, or birth by operation, in Jesus' name.
- I bind and cast out every spirit of delay and misfortunes that are associating themselves with my child's delivery in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil record of pregnancy failure operating in my marriage be cancelled by the blood of Jesus.
- By the grace of God, Father, this time, I shall not miscarry, but will instead find joy in the name of Jesus.
- Any woman who wants to change my child's destiny from the womb, O God, arise and waste them in the name of Jesus.
Prayer for a sibling's safe delivery
When your sister goes into the delivery room, here are some nice prayers you can make for her, asking for the safety of her and her baby.
- We pray for the safe delivery of [insert name], who is expecting a baby. We ask that you watch over her and protect her throughout this process. Help her to be strong and healthy, and most of all, help her to trust in your love.
- Please watch over [name of mother] and her baby as she prepares for delivery today. We ask that you bless them with your unending protection and love.
- Lord God, I know that You will protect my sister from the spirit of fear. May you give her a sound mind as she moves towards her delivery date. I pray for joy after she gives birth and against any postpartum depression.
- I pray that you keep my sister safe during her labour and delivery. Please bless her with an easy, healthy pregnancy and a safe delivery of her baby. May she feel your love and comfort throughout the process.
- Father God, I lift my prayer for my sister's safe delivery before You. I pray that You go before her, behind her, above her, and beneath her into the delivery room.
- Dear Lord, we come before you today to ask for your blessings on my sister's safe delivery of her child. We know that this is a time of great uncertainty, and we ask that you always keep her and the child in your sight.
Saying constant prayers for safe delivery is an essential part of the pregnancy journey. These prayers can go a long way in dispelling your fears and anxiety and protecting your unborn child from the numerous evil forces that roam the world.
Legit.ng recently published an article about the best text messages one can send their boyfriend or husband. Some well-thought flirty, cute, and sweet text messages will have him thinking of you throughout the day.
Getting him to smile is not as difficult as you think. If you have been scratching your head on what to say to make him feel special, check out this incredible collection of love messages for him. Sometimes, thoughtful words are the only thing you need.