Many people do not know how to reset GOtv after payment. Fortunately, you have us, and we will tell you how to reset your decoder after you have made a GOtv payment. So check it out!
Usually, you do not have to manually reset GOtv after payment. You just need to pay GOtv subscription with the decoder turned on, and everything should work fine. However, you might encounter errors E16 and E30 that will require you to restart your decoder.
E16 appears when your GOtv decoder has been disconnected. E30 means that your decoder has been turned off or without a signal for a long time.
You can deal with them in two ways: with the help of your phone or online. Let’s talk about each of them in detail.
How to reset GOtv on mobile phone
If you want to use your phone to reset your GOtv decoder, here is what you can do:
- Send a text that says ‘Reset + your IUC number’ to 4688 (the default GOtv reset code). IUC stands for Identification User Code. It is the unique serial number of your decoder that can be found on a red sticker on the bottom panel of the decoder.
- Alternatively, you can use USSD codes *423# or *288*1# on any cell phone network to get to Customer Care and speak with someone about your issue.
How to reset GOtv online
Apart from using your phone, you can also reset your GOtv decoder online. Follow these steps to do it:
- Go to eazy.gotvafrica.com and select Nigeria from the list of countries (if the website could not determine your location).
- Next to the country selection, click Sign in and enter your login details. It should be either your last name or your phone number, as well as your IUC number.
- From the options that appear, choose ‘Clear your error’ and select the error that you are currently experiencing.
- Make sure that your decoder is turned on and then click ‘Reset device now’ to reset your decoder.
If you do not want to do all that, you can try this method for GOtv activation:
- Choose the Eazy Self Service menu at the top of the screen and find the option that says ‘Fix errors’.
- While there, fill in your IUC number, select the type of error and enter the captcha code.
- Make sure your decoder is on and then press Fix error.
One of these methods should help you resolve your issues with the GOtv decoder.
What to do if nothing worked
If none of the aforementioned methods worked, do not panic. You can always contact GOtv support, so that they can perform the GOtv reset remotely.
In order to get in touch with someone from GOtv support, go to the company’s Twitter (@GOtvNg), write an e-mail to GOtvNigeria@multichoice.co.za or call +234 803 904 4688.
You will need to provide your account number/IUC to the support staff to have your GOtv decoder reset.
Here are some other important guides that may come in handy.
How to make a GOtv online payment
You can recharge GOtv online using Quickteller, eTranzact, PAGA e-Pay, GlobalPAY, Eazy Money, and Pay U. Here is how to recharge GOtv online using the methods above:
- Switch your decoder on if your account has already been disconnected.
- Log on to the Quickteller GOtv page and select the GOtv bouquet of your choice (GOtv or GOtvplus).
- Enter your e-mail address, IUC number, and enter your mobile phone number.
- Click Next.
- Enter the GOtv subscriber's name and confirm that your IUC number was filled correctly.
- Click Pay and click on your debit card type i.e. Interswitch, Verve or MasterCard.
- Enter your card details i.e. Card Number and Expiry Date as inscribed on your debit card, and then enter your 4 digit PIN.
- Click Pay. Once the transaction has been completed and your GOtv account is credited, your viewing will be restored.
The eTranzact BankIT solution allows you to pay for your subscription directly from your bank account, online and on mobile.
To pay on mobile:
- Simply dial *389*9*smartcardnumber# then follow the prompts.
To pay online, on the GOTV website
- Select Country, enter the specific Smart card number and click on Verify button.
- Click View balance and pay to proceed to the payment summary page showing the date and amount due for payment.
- Click Pay to proceed to the payment subscription page showing the account holder’s details.
- Select eTranzact Payment Option and select BankIT.
- Input the bank account number and select the preferred bank.
- Generate a 6-digit passcode and submit the details
- Dial *389*00# with the phone number registered with the nominated Bank to receive an OTP.
- Input the OTP in the space provided and click on Pay.
- You will then receive a payment response stating the details of the transaction.
Using PAGA e-Pay
- To make an online payment for your GOtv subscription using via Paga e-Pay, visit the GOtv website and then log into your account.
- You will be presented with a list of online payment methods that are available in your country.
- Select PAGA e-Pay and follow the instructions.
- Visit the GOtv website and then log into your account.
- Go to the Pay page and select GlobalPAY and then fill in your payment details as required and then click on Complete Payment GlobalPAY.com.
- You will be redirected to the GlobalPAY website where you will be prompted to select your card type and then enter your card Number and then click on Pay.
Using Eazy Money
- Visit the GOtv website and then log into your account.
- Simply, enter your mobile number and Eazy money PIN. If you do not have a Eazy money wallet, you can register at a Zenith Bank branch.
Apart from these online methods, you can also play for your subscription using Stanbic mobile, FCMB bank, Zenith Bank, or PAGA mobile.
Using Stanbic mobile
- Dial *909# on your mobile phone and send Select '4' and press Register. Provide the information and then send.
- To pay for your GOtv subscription directly, dial *909*60#
- Visit the Mobile Money WAP site on the Stanbic website
- Select Mobile Money, input your number.
- Click on Register and provide customer details as required
- It will then direct you to the GOtv page on Stanbic Mobile.
Using FCMB Bank
- Cash is received by FCMB tellers at all FCMB Branches. Customer is required to fill a form by the teller by inputting your name, phone number and IUC number.
Using Zenith Bank
- The application can be downloaded from the mobile app store.
- After logging in, select Bill payment. Select Eazy money or Bank depending on where you want to pay. The Biller Number is the smartcard number.
- Enter the amount you intend to pay. Input the 4 digit secret PIN.
- You will receive an SMS for successful or unsuccessful payment.
Bank is for Zenith Account holders who have linked their account to the mobile wallet known as the Banked Customers while Eazy money selection is for non-Zenith Account Holders called Unbanked Customers).The Biller Code is DStv.
Using PAGA Mobile
This Mobile payment is powered by an independent financial institution called PAGATECH.
The customer can make the payments through a registered mobile wallet using a mobile phone, laptop or desktop device.
Paga collects your PIN via IVR or USSD.
To pay via PAGA Online: Simply log in to the PAGA website, fill out the info transparent, then click "go".
How to activate GOtv
If you are new to GOtv, you need to activate your account to start watching. Self activate your decoder by sending the word: accept*IUC number*Surname*mobile number*City*Package type# to the following short code: 4688.
How to install your decoder
- Connect your decoder to the TV using the Audio and Video (AV) cables provided.
- Connect the GOtenna to the RF IN plug on the decoder. If you have an HDMI cable, connect it instead.
- Connect the power supply unit to the decoder before inserting the other end into the plug point. Then switch on at the wall (GOtv recommends the use of a power surge protector).
- Switch the TV on and press the AV button on the TV remote control to go to the appropriate AV channel. After 20 seconds the GOtv logo will appear, followed by the set-up screen a few seconds later.
NB: If the GOtv decoder does not complete scanning, it will automatically take you to the signal detection screen. At this point you may need to point the GOtenna in the direction of the GOtv transmitter - and move the GOtenna until the signal is strongest. This is the point where you should permanently fix your GOtenna.
Once you see the GOchannel your decoder is ready for activation.
What does an E16 message mean?
E16 means that your decoder has been disconnected.
E30 means your decoder has been switched off or there was no signal available for a long time. If your subscription has been paid in full, please ensure your decoder is switched on and SMS reset to 4688 to clear the error message displayed on your decoder.
How much is a GOtv decoder?
N 5900, this price includes the GOtenna + GOtv Decoder + 1 month GOtv Plus subscription. GOtv strongly recommends the use of an external UHF GOtenna, available at MultiChoice Agents and Retailers.
Will I have to get another decoder for digital migration?
No, GOtv is already on the latest DVB-T2 technology, means there is no need to replace or upgrade your decoder – going with GOtv means you will be on the latest technology.
And that is how you reset GOtv decoder after payment plus other guides on how to use GOtv. We hope that this has been helpful for you, and that your decoder is now in working order. Have a nice day!
GOtv Nigeria is the cable TV of choice for many residents of the country, mainly because of the selection of packages that suit any demands and any wallets. If you are searching for high quality television confirmed by thousands of users across the nation, then, you should consider their options.