- The newly sworn-in governor of Kano state has made the first set of appointments with Hon. Shehu Wada Sagagiis as his Chief of Staff
- The appointments, conveyed in a statement issued by his chief press secretary, indicated that Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf also named Abdullahi Baffa Bichi as the new SSG
- Others on the list of appointed officials are Dr Farouq Kurawa – the principal private secretary, and Hon. Abdullahi Ibrahim Rogo, who will serve as the chief protocol
As expected, Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf of Kano state, popularly known as Abba Gida-Gida, has made his first set of appointments.
The appointments were announced in a statement that Sanusi Bature Dawakin Tofa, his chief press secretary, issued on his behalf on Monday, May 29.
Names of Abba Gida-Gida's new appointees
The statement, as reported by Daily Trust, outlined the following key appointments:
PAY ATTENTION: Share your outstanding story with our editors! Please reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Hon. Shehu Wada Sagagi as Chief of Staff
- Abdullahi Baffa Bichi as Secretary to the State Government
- Dr Farouq Kurawa as Principal Private Secretary
- Hon. Abdullahi Ibrahim Rogo as Chief Protocol.
The statement further noted that the appointments take effect from Monday, May 29, 2023.
It added: “The appointees were selected based on their track records, commitment and loyalty.”
Abba Gida-Gida fires another shot at Ganduje
In another development, Abba Kabir Yusuf, the newly sworn-in Kano governor, ordered the sacking of all government appointees from former Governor Abdullahi Ganduje's administration.
In a statement he personally signed on Monday, May 29, the day he was sworn in, the governor gave the executive order that “all political appointees heading government MDAs and companies are hereby relieved of their appointment with immediate effect.”
Abba Gida Gida also directed all security agencies to take over all public properties that Ganduje's administration had sold with immediate effect.
May 29: Strong Kano APC chieftain reveals how Abba Gida-Gida’s inauguration can be stopped
Legit.ng also reported that Alhaji Ahmadu Haruna Zago, an influential stalwart in the Kano state chapter of the All Progressive Congress (APC), has revealed the only reason why the inauguration of the governor-elect Abba Kabir Yusuf, also known as Abba Gida-Gida can be stopped.
He urged members of the party and its supporters to desist from spreading fake news that the governor-elect will not be inaugurated on Monday, May 29.